Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Whoa.....

I do not pay income tax......I put my money back into my business.

This keeps the economy moving.
Obama says unless you pay taxes or voted for people to make others pay, you don't qualify. Nevermind if you provided goods and services that trickled down to the troops. Nope, unless you directly mailed a check to the IRS (or voted for people to make others do it), you don't count.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP
Nope, I can't take credit, only the paying taxes part that helped paid the seals and supporting staff. At least I can say that. People who don't pay taxes took no part in helping. See, I don't mind paying taxes for something like this.
Otherwise, Me, I would have been scared sh*** to go in and do that. And I admit it too.
Quote:
Whoa.....

HUH Can you explain your attack?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Obama says unless you pay taxes or voted for people to make others pay, you don't qualify. Nevermind if you provided goods and services that trickled down to the troops. Nope, unless you directly mailed a check to the IRS (or voted for people to make others do it), you don't count.
That is OK.....Obama does not count with me.

I would never let him use my money.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Otherwise, Me, I would have been scared sh*** to go in and do that. And I admit it too.

HUH Can you explain your attack?
No attack.

Just say'n........

Old 07-19-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But the people who don't pay taxes voted as a majority to elect people who would tax you. So, they should take credit, no?
LOL, yep, Interesting thought.

So.. people who DON'T pay taxes have the "same rights" as someone who does pay taxes. Then get into a tizzy because people who DO pay taxes use the roads and infrastructure they I helped pay for.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP
Nope, I can't take credit, only the paying taxes part that helped paid the seals and supporting staff. At least I can say that. People who don't pay taxes took no part in helping. See, I don't mind paying taxes for something like this.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1
Whoa.....

Quote:
No attack.

Just say'n........
Your just saying? but what you are just saying doesn't make sense??? So I ask again, please explain?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
LOL, yep, the people who don't pay taxes have the right to vote for someone who would tax me. Interesting thought.

So in essense people who don't pay taxes have the same rights as someone who does pay taxes. Then get into a tizzy because I use the roads and infrastructure that I helped pay for.
Almost half of the country pays no income tax.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Your just saying? but what you are just saying doesn't make sense??? So I ask again, please explain?
???????

I do not know what you want to know.....

Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Just so everyone remembers what we are talking about.

Barak Hussain Obama does not like success. He does not like people who think independantly of government and he wants to punish them.

Can anyone say Cloward and Pivin? I am starting to think that is real.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
That's becuz the isn't a single entrepreneur, businesses man, inventor that hasn't built off of what was already there. The automobile is simply an extension of the horse drawn carriage industry. Without the foundation of the carriage industry, developed over many centuries by millions of other craftsmen and artisans.

Electricity??? People have been toying with electricity for thousands of years. There is evidence that crude batteries and lights going back to the earliest historic civilizations. The latest electronic inventions being made today are built on the foundations thousands of years ago.

Did "government" aid those developments? Heck yes, almost at every step. Without a royal benefactor and sponsor inventors like Devinci would never have developed their sciences. Schools to expand knowledge have always been funded by the government. Without a government sponsored education inventors would be inventing the same things each generation. Education allows us to build on the last generations invention.

You drive on roads YOU didn't build...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We heard him clear enough:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher (government employee) somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that (government) allowed you to thrive. Somebody (government) invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

All his examples of what "made it happen" were government, government, and government. Whether it was government's NASA space program, a government fire department, or government financed roads, bridges, dams, all of Obama's examples were government.

Not one of Obama's examples cited a private entrepreneur, which is no surprise, since in Obama's world, only government can help, only government is worthy of praise.

It's clear what he meant, we owe everything to government. When Obama says "somebody" he means "government". Only government "allowed you to thrive". So give back to government, pay more taxes.

Last edited by buzzards27; 07-19-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies