Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Due to Obama's rather limited experience with doing anything by himself it is perfectly understandable that he believes that everyone else is a user like himself. Why else would he so closely relate to those who are dependent upon the government to survive? Why else would he seek to expand the numbers of people who need government assistance? He wants to be able to fit in. He never achieved a thing on his own and without a great deal of help. Thats why he wants us all to believe that no one else can either.
exactly right!

(if i was on welfare i would be concerned because facts dictate that the more people who need a service the less per person is available).

no president should be offering state bonuses to get more people on welfare. that money should be used to create jobs, but clearly job creation isn't a high priority-- and we just saw another rise in unemployment claims today-TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS LATER.

where did all that money go? aren't people curious?

if some encouraging news, i saw that romney just tweeted on ron paul and auditing the fed:

http://dailybail.com/home/hell-freez...-paul-and.html

maybe it's not too late to rescue this country from the federal reserve and big government.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
What is the role of government? Could a single businessman have built the Hoover Dam?
No, other non-government entities could have alongside that person.

Quote:
Could the Panama Canal have been built without the government pulling the forces needed together?
Yes.

Quote:
Where would we be without Ike's interstate system?
The interstate system is not Ike's

Quote:
That would the shoreline of the oceans, lakes and rivers look like if the government didn't coordinate the protective barriers, harbors, levees, dams, and navigational channels they provide? Could individual property owners each protect their shoreline in a coordinated effort?
Standards come into place from free enterprise all the time.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Ok, so you are not counted because you do not pay taxes. Yet you use everything, infrastructure, roads, etc.. that people who do pay taxes pay for. Your next sentence you say that you would Never let him use your money? You need to rephrase that "you would never let him use "other peoples money" that you legally took from people.

Even though you don't pay taxes you want Obama to raise taxes on people who DO pay taxes.

Wow! Do I understand this correctly?
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I took a lot of money out of the banking system so, Obama could not use it.

Obama is nothing to me.....if he gets elected I will still keep my money.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:10 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Since the money to establish such activity is obtained from the small businessowner, they are still just the middle man.
Its useless. The people who don't pay taxes think that the money appears out of no-where just like their welfare check.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Its useless. The people who don't pay taxes think that the money appears out of no-where just like their welfare check.
That depends.

I do not pay income tax but, spend over a million a year in the USA.

This makes jobs.......for people who spend.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A question for our self-reliant, rugged individualist businessmen here:

Would you consider opening your business in Haiti or rural Chad or Bangladesh? The customer base is there. Heck you can sell those people just about anything because they have so little.

Why or why not?
See how government in these countries don't have the money because everyone is poor but to answer your question.

Yes, actually I could probably keep more of my money there and still be able to hire people to build the roads and infrastructure. By hiring people, these employees will have money so they will buy things and improve their own living conditions. And by doing so the economy will get better and the government will get more money because more people will be working. And peoples living conditions will continue to rise and more people will work and on up we go.

Also, anyone who thinks we are not in a global economy is living in the dark ages.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That depends.

I do not pay income tax but, spend over a million a year in the USA.

This makes jobs.......for people who spend.
lol, avoiding the original question asking for an explanation on your comment. And you still want to talk in riddles.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A question for our self-reliant, rugged individualist businessmen here:

Would you consider opening your business in Haiti or rural Chad or Bangladesh? The customer base is there. Heck you can sell those people just about anything because they have so little.

Why or why not?
According to Krugman, it should work out because economies are inherently demand-side as opposed to supply-side. All they have to do is vote for elected officials to print up some bills and distribute them. That will spur demand for products and get them back on their feet. Also, Haitian businessowners are sitting on their money and being greedy. Why don't they spend it to build their business?

Also, I'm puzzled as to why the earthquake there didn't spur the economy also? Krugman told me that natural disasters have positive consequences on economies due to the broken window theory.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I took a lot of money out of the banking system so, Obama could not use it.

Obama is nothing to me.....if he gets elected I will still keep my money.
Of course I don't know and why I asked you to explain your comment and after asking how many times still can't get an answer from you.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 AM

142 posts, read 164,935 times
Not what he said, he said that if you built a business you may have built the business but you used public things like roads and bridges to make it happen and so owe a debt to pay it forward for the next group. If this is the best you idiots have we win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies