Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the hanging chair a racist statement?
Yes it was obviously a racist statement. 54 43.20%
No, it was not necessarily intended as a racist statement. 69 55.20%
Other opinion - please explain. 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Is your book available on Kindle?
LOL. You really think that was funny? I'm supposed to be offended? Try again, kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
the man is a fool ,in above his head and a lying currupt politican
could u give some examples? or are u just another racist?...

Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 AM

437 posts, read 792,861 times
Keep Austin weird.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:34 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,319,855 times
It's funny seeing these posts. I need to add a mental note of the more ignorant posters on CD.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
It's not uncommon for celebrities to get "into the nastiness."

I'm referring to the tasteless hecklers....the "You lies," the lewd speech interruptions, the sheer ridiculousness that no other president has had to endure at the scale President Obama has. Yet, he deals with it politely. We must maintain respect for the Office...regardless of who is in the seat.

Come on, now....I have NEVER seen such behavior.....it's actually quite embarrassing.
Well we saw different things then, because I saw the same behaviours with Bush (W). Only in his case, additionally people other than no-names also got involved (entertainers), making comparisons with Hitler/Nazis that was extremely offensive to those I knew who had to endure concentration camps during WWII.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:51 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,620 times
Wow, a chair looks nothing like a noose. How does this symbolize racism? Every time a white person moves an inch, it's "racist". I swear to God, this country.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:00 AM

499 posts, read 1,306,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Wow, a chair looks nothing like a noose. How does this symbolize racism?
What do you think it symbolizes then?

Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
If people want to see racism in something they will find it.
Here we have the lynching of a chair seen as racist against the President.
Out in Portland they're dealing with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as symbols of racism.

I just see an empty chair hanging from a tree. Means the guy listened to what Clint Eastwood said and probably agreed with him.

Somewhere in Virginia another guy also hung a chair from a tree and he got a visit from the Secret Service.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlman View Post
What do you think it symbolizes then?
Hell if I know, but why is this country so obsessed with labeling whites and whites only as racist for every little goddamn thing? Slavery and the 1960s? Give me a goddamn break.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,062,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
It's not uncommon for celebrities to get "into the nastiness."

I'm referring to the tasteless hecklers....the "You lies," the lewd speech interruptions, the sheer ridiculousness that no other president has had to endure at the scale President Obama has. Yet, he deals with it politely. We must maintain respect for the Office...regardless of who is in the seat.

Come on, now....I have NEVER seen such behavior.....it's actually quite embarrassing.
You've never seen such nastiness before because every year it gets worse. Civilized discourse in this country is devolving. Whether Obama or Romney is elected this next election, it's only going to get worse. If it's Romney, and this type of stuff happens, will people say it's because he's Mormon? And GW had to endure a lot of ridicule as well. I lived in Seattle while he was president, and my son would ride the school bus and the first -fifth graders would say the nastiest stuff about him, essentially parroting their parents, calling him a Nazi, etc. I saw a weekly picket line at Green Lake where people were calling for him to be impeached because of war crimes and people calling him an F*ing idiot. That's not particularly civil. When we told people we were moving to Texas they rolled their eyes as if somehow everyone down here was a neanderthal because he'd been governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies