Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatTheKing View Post
Um.

If by illegal, you mean "Younger people, many of whom have been subjected to some deeply pathological versions of Christianity in their upbringings, will rediscover the profound wisdom of keeping some wise separation between church and state", then yes. That probably feels like illegal to you, the same way that not being able to make non-religious kids read bibles in school makes you feel like Christianity has been made illegal.

But I highly doubt much more than than will happen - protection of religious belief and expression is in the first amendment, which, aside from NRA members and 10th amendment Ron Paul lovers, is usually consider the most vital of amendments for our culture.

I know some of you have a really hard time understanding that liberals, at large, can at once 1) say unkind things about unpleasant Christians, sometimes using unfairly generalizing language, while 2) still vehemently supporting freedom of religion. I know that's not really your way - I've seen how many of you talk about Muslims, so maybe you're projecting a little bit. But I promise it's not only possible, but true! Most liberals really, honestly, truly don't want government involved with getting rid of religion! They really don't! They actually really and truly do believe in separation of church and state, which not only protects the state from churches, but also protects churches from the state!

A small segment of angry atheists want to see Christianity gone, it's true, but they don't want to use government to do it - they're certain that the persuasive power of their arguments will win the day. A much larger segment of liberals simply doesn't care as long as they're being left alone - many of them have religious convictions but see it as a personal matter.

Seriously you guys... so much crazy talk. You know, if you turned off the talk radio and made friends with some actual liberals, you might find that your blood pressure drops significantly. The world some of you believe exists is just both terrifying and absurd.
Indeed.
They might actually discover that there is a liberal sitting in the pew next to them every Sunday morning.
Speaking of, time to get ready for church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Indeed.
They might actually discover that there is a liberal sitting in the pew next to them every Sunday morning.
Speaking of, time to get ready for church.
If you do find a liberal sitting next to you at church then it might be time to play the lottery. Your chances of winning are about the same!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
If you do find a liberal sitting next to you at church then it might be time to play the lottery. Your chances of winning are about the same!
I guess that puts my chance of winning at 100%.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All the young people believe in now is their iphone and their xbox. What a pathetic generation.
They believe in things they can actually see-not some irrational, illogical fairy tale about some invisible guy who died for your sins- so that you can have "eternal life"- it takes a lot of brainwashing for a "sane brain" to be able to accept something as irrational and absurd.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 AM

295 posts, read 358,971 times
Some Christians have such a martyr complex.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You attack Christians but you don't answer the question. I could say liberals are the whiners because they cry and carry on about presence of religion in public that they could ignore if they wanted to (which I don't understand why its so hard if its something you don't even believe in), or that gays and their allies are whiners because they cry and carry on about people that think gay sex isnt something to be celebrated, but I don't because its best to respect all points of views. Liberal version of tolerance: think like we do or be mocked, ridiculed, and humiliated.
Wow! Do read what you write? Do you even understand that the Constitution prohibits religion in gov't supported areas (assume that's what you mean, because religion is allowed every place else)? Ignoring religion in gov't spaces shouldn't be necessary for anyone. Christian version of tolerance: because I believe, so should you and everything that the Bible deems to be a sin should be against the law.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I guess that puts my chance of winning at 100%.
Good luck, I hope you win. But, sooner or later you will have to decide which is more important to you. I don't see how Christians can vote for late-term abortion and gay marriage.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All the young people believe in now is their iphone and their xbox. What a pathetic generation.
I believe in it more than ancient myths, because I have proof it exist and works.

Last edited by Beliciano; 09-30-2012 at 09:29 AM..

Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The OP could have equally asked if Islam will be illegal in America in the future.

I don't get this assault on Christianity or any religion in America.

It makes me wonder.

Don't these ponderers have anything better to wonder about?

I would suggest that jobs could be on top of the list. But, no. Will Democrats outlaw Christianity?

Disgusting thread.
They don't understand that the only constant is change. Until recent times, the Christian religion has been allowed to reign supreme in the US, because it has been the dominant religion in this country. There is now sufficient diversity of religions in this country for members of those other religions (and non-believers) to unitedly proclaim, "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore."

There is no "assault" on Christianity, just an effort to put it in its proper place.

And, no, it will never be illegal to be a Christian - or a Jew, or a Muslim, etc...

Stupid thread.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Within 4 years Islam will be the main and only religion in the US. Non believers will either learn to remain silent or cease to excisit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies