Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No one is even bothering to read it.

They're all working on the assumption that he wants money to rebuild houses that don't have insurance.

Couldn't be farther from the truth.

To repeat:

NEITHER GOVERNOR IS ASKING FOR FUNDS TO PAY FOR HOUSES THAT WERE NOT INSURED.
I read it and it says "100% of the costs". It doesn't really differentiate the costs they want covered. I did like this comment:

"They have greater resources. They can print money; we can't do that here. And given the fact this is not just a New York disaster, it's really a national disaster, it's probably for the federal government to step up and play a significant role."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I read it and it says "100% of the costs". It doesn't really differentiate the costs they want covered. I did like this comment:

"They have greater resources. They can print money; we can't do that here. And given the fact this is not just a New York disaster, it's really a national disaster, it's probably for the federal government to step up and play a significant role."
read the information that i posted in this thread that has the actual letter and relevant code he is applying under. its clearly defined what hes asking for and costs are differentiated.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I'm confused.

If this happens to your home, I'm pretty sure you would want help, no matter who its from. You wouldn't say "the gov't is too big to be helping me" would you? No, plus who else can pay for it? I along with plenty of others on this site have donated to the Redcross but that's about all we can do, I don't know of a organization (besides our taxes) that could help rebuild infrastructure in the area. Either way, somebody has to pay for it, rather its you, me, donor's, the government, etc.
If you don't have home Insurance with flooding added on and the place is wiped out you are stuck holding the bag. if you owe the bank for it you still owe the bank for it.

The Govt isn't buying anyone new houses, no matter who wants them too. At best the Govt will pay to clean up the mess, and rebuild some roads and bridges.

If anyone had no ins they are schit out of luck...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
read the information that i posted in this thread that has the actual letter and relevant code he is applying under. its clearly defined what hes asking for and costs are differentiated.
Not in the OP...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Not in the OP...
I posted it, the post you replied to was me quoting someone who quoted it. Read it and it will be clear whats being requested.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
How about rolling up your sleeves and cleaning up the mess yourself?... One brick and one tree branch at a time....

Any insurmountable task can be accomplish by stepping forward and getting in motion...

Instead of worrying who's going to pay for this huge mess, grab a shovel....

Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
How about rolling up your sleeves and cleaning up the mess yourself?... One brick and one tree branch at a time....

Any insurmountable task can be accomplish by stepping forward and getting in motion...

Instead of worrying who's going to pay for this huge mess, grab a shovel....
yes. we will just repair the subway system ourselves. ill get started on that right now.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I posted it, the post you replied to was me quoting someone who quoted it. Read it and it will be clear whats being requested.
What is permanent work under Section 406?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
What is permanent work under Section 406?
i am on my tablet and cannot link. search google stafford act section 406 and it lists in detail. requested at 90%

Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When Cuomo says "Washington" he means you and me. Should Obama agree to pay 100% of the cleanup ? Typical Democrat who says just print more money. All done by union workers.

New York state asks Washington to cover all storm costs - Yahoo! News
"I don't use the interstate that goes to whatever city you live in. Therefore, I shouldn't be forced to pay for it."

Sheesh, if you would just read some of the writings of James Madison once in a while, you'd realize how far off the deep end your political philosophy is from the original intent of people who built this country in the first place - not to mention how far off the deep end it is from common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies