Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
While I applaud her actions, it's a good way to get arrested, especially in WA state. She better be able to justify fear for her life or unavoidable grave bodily harm.

BTW, it's a "magazine", not a clip (two different things)...and what kind of fool would carry a self defense weapon without having it loaded?
Wait one minute, just a second and I will blow your brains out..... This is the very reason some think women shouldn't carry.....the only good gun is a loaded gun.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wait one minute, just a second and I will blow your brains out..... This is the very reason some think women shouldn't carry.....the only good gun is a loaded gun.

The quote from the article is “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”

Nothing wrong with that...

Hopefully this gave her reason to think about not being properly prepared. The magazine should be in, a round chambered and the gun in (some form of) holster at all times if you're using it for a CCW.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,908,161 times
Blah, blah, blah re terminology or what she should have or should not have done. There is something guys are missing here...

WHAT would make her react in this way??? ***FEAR***

Women and children are vulnerable and at risk!! You cannot understand the position of women, as you not the frequent victims of crimes, as are women. A man would not have reacted this way....(no fear)

"Annoying or embarrassing her" ???

She clearly could not know his intentions... things could have escalated to assault, kidnapping, rape of woman/child or even death. A mother is going to protect her child in whatever way she deems necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If, as you propose, the Flasher had made a grab for either the woman or the child that would be sufficient violence to justify SHOOTING him not just brandishing a gun and threatening him. You do not pull a gun on people that are annoying or embarrassing you. You pull a gun on assailants and nothing else. Guns are not threat weapons. They are for shooting and killing in self defense.
Some guy running around naked does not justify her response even if a child was present.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
A link to a better article about the crime:
Woman pulls gun on man who exposed himself at lake

It occurred outside of the Tri-Cities area in WA, fortunately not Seattle. Lucky for her she happened to pack that day.

Quote:
The woman, whose name is being withheld by the paper because she is the victim of a sex crime, said she has never before brought her gun, a Ruger .380, with her to the lake, but she grabbed it on her way out the door Wednesday because it was foggy and dark.

“I just had a feeling,” she said.

It was one of at least two similar incidents that occurred within six hours in Longview. A man exposed himself to a woman in the parking lot of Winco Foods, at the Triangle Center in Longview, at 2:09 a.m. Thursday, then left in a blue Honda, driving toward Ocean Beach Highway on 15th Avenue, according to another police report.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,749,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Awesome. A tazer gun zap to the nuts would be good too.

a squirt of manchineel sap to the gens would have done the trick

Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,970,314 times
Lets see...

woman and her child... walking in a public area.

Man comes up to expose himself to her and her child.

Exposing yourself to a child makes you a sexual predator, a pedophile.

Frankly, I don't think anyone has the right to intentionally expose themselves to another. There is no reasonable expectation to run into something like this as she did.

What she did was completely acceptable to warn off a felonious predator.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,245,621 times
Another great reaction to flashers, two women I know were on vacation in Italy and on their first day their some guy walked up to them and flashed them. Which their reaction was to point and laugh until he felt embarrassed and ran away.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 AM

2,733 posts, read 6,127,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if a person feels in threat for themselves or they believe that someone else is being threatened, they have the authority to shoot. you just have to be able to justify the shooting.
This is where you loose me. Your life should actually be in danger, not simply "feel threatened", before you pull a trigger and take a life.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Good post but of course no one has the right to expose themselves.

It is a CRIME!!!

Perpetuated against women and children, designed to shock and instill fear and stupidly, probably some kind of strange admiration of the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Lets see...

woman and her child... walking in a public area.

Man comes up to expose himself to her and her child.

Exposing yourself to a child makes you a sexual predator, a pedophile.

Frankly, I don't think anyone has the right to intentionally expose themselves to another. There is no reasonable expectation to run into something like this as she did.

What she did was completely acceptable to warn off a felonious predator.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM

She did not pull the trigger or take a life. Stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
This is where you loose me. Your life should actually be in danger, not simply "feel threatened", before you pull a trigger and take a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies