Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You give them orders then get out of the way and let them do their job. If you have paid any attention at all the last 40 years that is not how things have gone at all in any wars. Congress has the power to start wars whether you like it or not according to the Constitution. Of course that hasn't stopped anybody either though.
They have not been wars of defense though as outlined in the constitution, but wars for resources, wealth, control and using my tax dollars to make others richer, either in this country or "allied" countries, like Israel comes to mind.

As far as I am concerned, they are all war criminals that should be brought to the Hague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I think this will upset a lot of retirees and other people who have established 401k's over the years. I see it as the government not giving you flexibility to do what you want with your own money that you earned over your career at work or by some other means. I think the president will be met with a lot of resistance with this proposal.........Again, since I am new, the forum won't let me post the link in full. Please add the http to the first part of the link................nationalseniorscouncil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89%3A obama-begins-push-for-new-national-retirement-system&catid=34%3Asocial-security&Itemid=62
We talked about that a few years ago, but it turned out to be bogus.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
What should WE do? Are we supposed to pay your way now? Plenty of others have had hardships too. Go ask Obama to write you a check.
But yet we give Israel billions of dollars a year because they are our "ally" but when it is our own American's, sorry, you are on your own charlie.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I am aware that at any given moment there are studies being done, research being done, proposal being made, etc. to confront the problems we have in this country. Sometimes just by one individual with a wild idea. That's how we do things here. As it works in the business world some of the ideas are out of the box and most will go nowhere. That doesn't mean the various scenarios shouldn't be run during the research phase however. Whatever comes out of all that, if anything, will be made open to national debate. The problem is that now we have the ability to hear about the "what if's" that have always been played around with, and we react as if it's going to drop on our heads tomorrow or something. That's not the case.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How so?
FHA is pushing historically low loan rates. The same FHA that is about to go ask the fed for money BTW. CPFB is in the process of rewriting the way companies issue credit scores to minority lenders which goes back to the community renewal act. Add in the DOJ continues to file lawsuit after lawsuit for unfair lending to minorities and we are right back to how this entire thing began. The banks will be forced to lend again to anybody and everybody and then they will bundle all these bad mortgages up into MBS pools and sell em off again and when joe blow can't pay his note kaboom.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
But yet we give Israel billions of dollars a year because they are our "ally" but when it is our own American's, sorry, you are on your own charlie.
We give the EU 16 trillion to bail them out. Go ask for it back.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Question for those in the know. Is this a mandate or another choice. There is a stark difference. Nothing wrong with having more choices, you either choose it or you don't as compared to a mandate. No need to get people up in arms over a choice they can choose not to do.
Then why did the democrats get folks "up in arms" over Paul Ryans plan where one could choose what to do or Bush plan to shift some soc security money to the market which was also a choice? Why would that be?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
They have not been wars of defense though as outlined in the constitution, but wars for resources, wealth, control and using my tax dollars to make others richer, either in this country or "allied" countries, like Israel comes to mind.

As far as I am concerned, they are all war criminals that should be brought to the Hague.
It doesn't matter what you consider them. The Constitution says congress can declare war on whoever the hell they want to. They could declare war on you.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

So you can raise that top rate to 40% if you want to but you must understand that has consequences and the ability of venture capitalist to go elsewhere is growing at an enormous rate.
Israel leads the world in VC and taxes capital gains at 25%. 2/3 of funding comes from non- Israel sources.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:13 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Then why did the democrats get folks "up in arms" over Paul Ryans plan where one could choose what to do or Bush plan to shift some soc security money to the market which was also a choice? Why would that be?

I dunno; I don't understand either party and the parties don't understand me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies