Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM

114 posts, read 100,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There is no page 256. The last numbered page is 250.

Also doing a search for "Secure Choice Pension" shows no results.
I found results using a google search of 'Secure Choice Pension'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
An undated article with ominous unsourced references to a "recent hearing". Sounds legit.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Exactly!

Remember when all the right wing nutjob sites were claiming the Benghazi was a terror attack by an al-Qaeda linked group? My God, how nutty can you get when EVERYONE knew it was caused by anti-Muslim movie on youtube!

Good times, good times!

I mean the President was saying it wasn't terror related, Susan Rice was saying it wasn't about terror and we all know they are the kind of people who would never lie.
Have a look.....................pensionrights.org/what-we-do/events/re-imagining-pensions/secure-choice-pension........And this........assets.newamerica.net/blogposts/2012/california_s_universal_retirement_saving_plan_a_ke y_precedent-72484..........................

Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The Latest move can be found in the Obama Administration`s, 256 page- FY 2013 Budget Proposal. The revival of his 2008 presidential run, the “Automatic IRA†which has now “Evolved†into two proposals: Secure Choice Pension & Government Retirement Accounts (GRA’s), both of which automatically- “Mandate†5% - 6% contributions into Government Run Pension funds.
Here's a link to the budget proposal: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/budget.pdf

I searched the document for the phrase "automatic IRA", and found that it appears once in the budget, on page 147, under the heading: Shores Up the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation to Protect Worker Pensions. Appearing under that heading is a description of the proposal, and it includes the following statement: Employees may opt-out if they choose.

I searched the document for "secure choice pension" - no hits.

I searched the document for "government retirement account/s" - no hits.

I searched the document for "government run pension fund/s" - no hits.

Please supply a link to any reputable source that would give accurate information about these plans. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I knew I had seen this before. Notice that the linked post is from 10/13/2010.

Anybody have any recent activity on this supposed effort?
Anyone have a link that contains facts instead of speculative conclusions?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I found results using a google search of 'Secure Choice Pension'
It's called research. SCP is being done at the state level and being looked at at the Federal Level.
So far they are leaving citizen and company pension money alone because they have no authority over it.

I'm in the citizen/company pension group so I follow what's going on but not in depth.
I will follow it more closely and more in depth though if they move beyond the retirement accounts they directly control.

CA, as usual, leads the herd and has implemented SCP so anyone wanting further details can go google that.

NCPERS is the organization championing this "fair" way to distribute pensions to all Americans.

I've given enough information here that anyone wanting to do furthe research has information to get started.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
They would rather cry for links then when given them cry about the source or content. Not here to discuss just dismiss. All in defense of dear leader as his name is in the title of this thread. Sad lot.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Here is another look at it..................Harkin Report

Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Hint - millions of Americans as well as 30 million illegals have not bothered to save up any money for their retirements and they're not going to like having to live off only social security and see those who saved some money up enjoying a better retirement.

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. That's the motto of the democrat party -- they don't believe in the moral of the grasshopper and ant and winter story.

It's got to be equal -- not in self-control or hard work or responsibility -- it has to be equal in the outcomes. Why can some hard working guy who scrimped and saved enjoy a better retirement than someone who squandered all his income or didn't feel like working?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Lemme guess, they're going to steal from people to give it to those who didn't save as much to ensure 'fairness'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies