Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Really? Do tell, why is that wrong? Have you ever watched how elephants relate to each other? More caring of family members than a lot of humans I know. The psychology of a herd mentality, making a group dependent upon a food source, applies to trying to domesticate a wild animal just as "naturally" as making people dependent upon the government. Animals may not be as happy locked up in a zoo as they would be out in the wild and free, but they get fed and receive veterinary care, don't they? The difference is humans CHOOSE to become dependent. The animals in the zoo did not have a choice.
Ok, lets piece this together. Republicans and such have tried to paint the picture of the welfare queen on food stamps with multiple kids in tow as a black woman and now you are trying to make me believe that and article comparing people on welfare to animals at the zoo? Is this what you are really trying to come off as?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 07:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, lets piece this together. Republicans and such have tried to paint the picture of the welfare queen on food stamps with multiple kids in tow as a black woman and now you are trying to make me believe that and article comparing people on welfare to animals at the zoo? Is this what you are really trying to come off as?
So lets piece this together. Democrats and such have tried to paint the picture of the people who make $250K ad the evil bankers and wall street evil.

Again, it's ok for you and Obama pawns to attack other people that you know nothing about but you don't appreciate it if done in return.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So lets piece this together. Democrats and such have tried to paint the picture of the people who make $250K ad the evil bankers and wall street evil.

Again, it's ok for you and Obama pawns to attack other people that you know nothing about but you don't appreciate it if done in return.
Nobody's saying all people who make over $250K are evil --- most of America just wants to see them pay a few per cent more on the marginal income exceeding $250K. Tax rates for the wealthy have decreased a lot more than tax rates for the middle class have over the last few decades.

The lines in the middle of the graph show tax rates for the wealthiest 400 households in the U.S. , those with an average yearly income of ~ $ 220 million.

http://www.currydemocrats.org/in_per..._rates_epi.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-09-2012 at 04:47 AM..

Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Nobody's saying all people who make over $250K are evil --- most of America just wants to see them pay a few per cent more on the marginal income exceeding $250K. Tax rates for the wealthy have decreased a lot more than tax rates for the middle class have over the last few decades.

The lines in the middle of the graph show tax rates for the wealthiest 400 households in the U.S. , those with an average yearly income of ~ $ 220 million.
How about if we pay more if the welfare lifers will get off their butts and get a job. Oh I forgot, we have to do it Obama's way. Continue to support perfectly healthy and capable but lazy people and for the people that work, why don't they get off their as*es... we work to support those lazy bums.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Since I'm one of those people that they are attacking I feel that I have a viable reason to be upset since it effects me directly. That being said can we all can safely assume that you make over 250,000 a year? If not, why are you concerned by making a useless point

Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see. You thought that the reference to "animals" meant monkeys or gorillas, code for "I see black people!"

Silly left-wing racist.

Did I say any animal in particular? This type of thought comes from your recessive racist mind, I was commenting on the information that was presented. Btw, I gave the pollster an opportunity to explain themselves, but instead I have an apparent defender of the racist post. Thanks for removing your sheet while you type.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
How about if we pay more if the welfare lifers will get off their butts and get a job. Oh I forgot, we have to do it Obama's way. Continue to support perfectly healthy and capable but lazy people and for the people that work, why don't they get off their as*es... we work to support those lazy bums.
For all of your rhetoric you proably don't even have a job and don't do anything but sit around in dirty drawers watching faux and fiends. If you did not realize that there are not as many jobs out there as there use to be and people are out of work because of it and not inspite of it.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
lol, how funny. But it's ok for you to call the rich evil right?
Please find any post where I said that. I have no probelms with a wealthy per se, but there are some that thrive on the fact that they do not pay their fair share in taxes. At the rate that I'm going now I will soon but in the higher taxable bracket, so no I don't have any animosity for every wealthy person.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Did I say any animal in particular? This type of thought comes from your recessive racist mind, I was commenting on the information that was presented. Btw, I gave the pollster an opportunity to explain themselves, but instead I have an apparent defender of the racist post. Thanks for removing your sheet while you type.
You said:

Quote:
Republicans and such have tried to paint the picture of the welfare queen on food stamps with multiple kids in tow as a black woman and now you are trying to make me believe that and article comparing people on welfare to animals at the zoo?
I never said anything about political party or race. You are obviously incapable of understanding why it is not advisable to make either animals or humans dependent on others for their survival. And now I can add another deranged Liberal to my ignore list. Thanks!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Tired meme going around that takes very little fact into account

The reason you should not feed animals is because it is UNHEALTHY for them and UNSAFE for you. It has nothing to do with depending on handouts.

Furthermore, I like to think that human beings are a wee bit different from animals and I treat each as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies