Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When a few conservatives say "African-Americans who voted for President Obama are dumb", that will keep alot African-Americans away from the Republican Party. What you say can affect how people view you. It is also how you say it.
I would say that both parties have their fair share of idiots, that's why the number of independents are growing.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I would say that both parties have their fair share of idiots, that's why the number of independents are growing.
"I would say that both parties have [more than] their fair share of idiots, that's why the number of independents are growing."

I corrected your post.

There is a preponderance of abject stupidity in Congress these days, on both sides of the aisle. As someone once said, "You can't fix stupid," but apparently it can be elected.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Nice attempt at revisionist history, but that never happened. Throughout US history it has been the Republicans who supported civil rights and the Democrats who opposed them. Up to, and including, the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

It was the Republicans that passed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, which created the Civil Rights Commission and authorizes the Justice Department to investigate cases of blacks being denied voting rights, over strong Democrat opposition. It was Republican President Eisenhower that deployed the 82nd Airborne Division to desegregate Little Rock’s government schools over the strenuous resistance of Democratic Governor Orval Faubus.

It was the Republicans who sponsored anti-lynching legislation that Democrats vehemently opposed and ultimately filibustered to death in the Senate. It was the Republicans that passed and ratified the Fourteenth Amendment, without a single Democrat vote.

Your version of US history is very twisted indeed.
Wow. i guess you missed the part where I called out conservatives not Republicans in particular. American conservatives no matter the party have been against progression since inception. But since you bring up Republicans that's were most conservatives reside today.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It's going to take a while for independents to become powerful.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
It's going to take a while for independents to become powerful.
You cannot become powerful in politics without forming a coalition. They will just continue to be a group of swing voters until they do so...

Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
"I would say that both parties have [more than] their fair share of idiots, that's why the number of independents are growing."

I corrected your post.

There is a preponderance of abject stupidity in Congress these days, on both sides of the aisle. As someone once said, "You can't fix stupid," but apparently it can be elected.

Wow i so so agree with your post. I definitely say, that both parties, have {plenty of idiots} in their party.

Problem is when one party actually believes they are the party, with all the right answers, and that we have to agree with those ways. That screws us up royally. And their supporters right or wrong, believe this to be so, drives me friggin up the damn wall. You cannot fix stupid, unless stupid wants to be fixed.

It appears in this case stupid does not want to be fixed. Thus the reason for so many independents, neither party has the answers, and both parties, are our problems. Without coming up with agreed solutions to our many problems, their playing games with each other, while the Country continues to go down hill, it is at our expense.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:06 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,921 times
Quote:
Then why have Blacks voted Democrat in large numbers since 1968? I even have data to prove that to you in my first post.
because there was never a black republican running.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
because there was never a black republican running.
Can you prove that African-American voters would vote for a Black Republican in as large numbers as a Black Democrat, as of now?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:31 PM

Within the time since the election, I've heard more complaints about Blacks voting Democrat. Nothing surprising. Question is this: Why is there so much concern about who Blacks vote for?

Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Within the time since the election, I've heard more complaints about Blacks voting Democrat. Nothing surprising. Question is this: Why is there so much concern about who Blacks vote for?
If you don't understand demographics and voting, do research on it and you won't have to waste time on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies