Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you don't understand demographics and voting, do research on it and you won't have to waste time on here.
It isn't about demographics and voting. It is essentially "how is it your business who Blacks vote for"? and "if you care so much, what are you going to do about it"?

Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 PM

I have grown more and more independent in my political views. I don't identify with one particular political party. This being said, I get very tired of hearing about "Blacks vote Democrat and we don't like it". I get very fed up with the constant complaining in regards to who Blacks vote for.

This is the way I see it. There is so much griping about African-Americans voting Democrat. And yet, I don't exactly see Republicans trying to reach out to African-Americans. I've seen very little outreach towards African-Americans.

How Republicans Can Win Black Votes | National Review Online

Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Why Republicans have a lot to gain from reaching out to African Americans - The Washington Post

As Senate vet Dole celebrates 90 years, he laments tone in Capitol - CNN.com

A quote from Bob Dole. This is what he had to say as far as outreach in the Republican Party: ""I believe we ought to be reaching out to the Hispanic community, the black community and of course the middle- and upper-class community across the board, and we haven't done that,". A Republican is saying more needs to be done on the part of the Republican Party to reach out to Blacks.

If there is not going to be much effort to bring Blacks into the Republican fold, then there should not be any complaining about Blacks voting Democrat. It is not anyone's business who you vote for.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:06 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
The Republicans need to forget about black voters. They are close minded and a waste of time and resources. When someone's beginning reference point is "You are a racist and hate me," then there's no point in reaching out to that voter. That voter is not persuadable. The Reupblicans are wiser to work on their base, which is white working families and other minorities with similar cultural values, like Asians, Cubans and Indian/near East/African/Caribbean/European immigrant populations.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The Republicans need to forget about black voters. They are close minded and a waste of time and resources. When someone's beginning reference point is "You are a racist and hate me," then there's no point in reaching out to that voter. That voter is not persuadable. The Reupblicans are wiser to work on their base, which is white working families and other minorities with similar cultural values, like Asians, Cubans and Indian/near East/African/Caribbean/European immigrant populations.
If that is how you feel, then this is my response. No more complaining about the way Blacks vote. No more. Complaining about how Black people vote, and then saying "Republicans need to forget about Black voters" is basically like complaining about your steak being undercooked, and then responding by turning off the fire.

And by the way, I disagree with your sentiment. This is why.

Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

I noticed you failed to even mention anything said the links in my last post. Here is one of them. The problem is not the Black Americans are close-minded. The problem is comments and attitudes such as what I have seen from you in this post. You have a Black radio host who invited White Republicans to his show. None show up. He could getting Black Republicans on his show. In fact, it has even been shown that when Republican candidates actually sit down, and listen to what Black voters have to say rather than talking down to them, they would actually make more progress.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
. The Reupblicans are wiser to work on their base, which is white working families and other minorities with similar cultural values, like Asians, Cubans and Indian/near East/African/Caribbean/European immigrant populations.

their base is only capable of proucing under 200 electoral votes. Newsflash: It takes 270 to win.

Mitt Romney won the same % of the white vote as Reagan did in 1984. Notice the different results, by a landslide. America changed; the old , white male crowd will not get you into the Oval Office in the 21st century..except as a visitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies