Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The way I see it, if some people are that concerned about Blacks voting Democrat, then those persons should come up with actual solutions and strategies, instead of insulting Blacks.
Blacks have proven themselves to be unmoved by the issues so not much can be done. I'm not complaining it is what it is the GOP is simply going to have maneuver around Blacks by targeting other groups. Hispanics, Asians and Whites.

I can't wait until amnesty is passed. I'm hoping they give the illegals citizenship immediately so they can vote out the likes of Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee and Black youth unemployment shoots up to about 60%. Happy Days.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blacks have proven themselves to be unmoved by the issues so not much can be done. I'm not complaining it is what it is the GOP is simply going to have maneuver around Blacks by targeting other groups. Hispanics, Asians and Whites.

I can't wait until amnesty is passed. I'm hoping they give the illegals citizenship immediately so they can vote out the likes of Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee and Black youth unemployment shoots up to about 60%. Happy Days.
Actually, Blacks are not unmoved by the issues. I think alot of Blacks feel that they have different issues from the rest of the population.

And the GOP has also managed to alienate Latinos and Asians.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Actually, Reagan and Bush were the ones pushing for amnesty. And no matter who was president, Blacks had have had a higher unemployment rate than most other people in the USA, for a variety of reasons. Black youth unemployment has been the same way.

Spotlight on US Youth

Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A lot of the threads in questions are started by avowed liberals like this one.
This thread is a response to those persons who complain about Black people voting for President Obama. That is why I started this thread. You said that Blacks are irrelevant as for as elections are concerned. Well, I have a question for you. If this is the case, then why are their conservatives out there complaining about Blacks voting for President Obama by a large margin? No one has ever complained, until after this past election. Why now all of a sudden? Obviously, some people care if they are complaining.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,902 times
people vote who they can relate to...
I would be willing to wager atleast 70-80percent of mormons voted for mitt romney... so what?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
people vote who they can relate to...
I would be willing to wager atleast 70-80percent of mormons voted for mitt romney... so what?
At this point, I think the conservatives who have complained about Blacks are basically doing so because they were sore losers who were scapegoating Blacks. I think the persons who were complaining about Blacks voting for President Obama were doing so, now out of concern, but out of hate and vitriol. At this point, I have a new insight on things.

A new platform is needed. A new strategy is needed. There needs to be more pragmatic thinking on both sides, a more moderate approach. There is pandering on both sides. I say a plan is needed, to create a new vision. A new vision is needed, where everyone is respected, where people are not talked to like idiots, but as human beings, as people. Extremism has basically taken place, and it needs to end.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 AM

691 posts, read 771,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Actually, what really brought blacks to the Democratic Party was JFK. He was the first presidential candidate to actively court the black vote through Hollywood channels, appearing in campaign ads with Harry Belafonte, and publicly allying himself with Martin Luther King.

If you need to be "courted" i.e "bribed with goodies" then you have no business voting. Your opinion has been corrupted.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
If you need to be "courted" i.e "bribed with goodies" then you have no business voting. Your opinion has been corrupted.
You can also put it this way. If you can be so naive that you vote against another group's civil rights [i.e. conservatives voting against the voting rights act, civil rights act, marriage equality, etc.] you have already proved that you can't votes without integrity and have no business voting.

How do you like them apples?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You can also put it this way. If you can be so naive that you vote against another group's civil rights [i.e. conservatives voting against the voting rights act, civil rights act, marriage equality, etc.] you have already proved that you can't votes without integrity and have no business voting.

How do you like them apples?
Nice attempt at revisionist history, but that never happened. Throughout US history it has been the Republicans who supported civil rights and the Democrats who opposed them. Up to, and including, the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

It was the Republicans that passed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, which created the Civil Rights Commission and authorizes the Justice Department to investigate cases of blacks being denied voting rights, over strong Democrat opposition. It was Republican President Eisenhower that deployed the 82nd Airborne Division to desegregate Little Rock’s government schools over the strenuous resistance of Democratic Governor Orval Faubus.

It was the Republicans who sponsored anti-lynching legislation that Democrats vehemently opposed and ultimately filibustered to death in the Senate. It was the Republicans that passed and ratified the Fourteenth Amendment, without a single Democrat vote.

Your version of US history is very twisted indeed.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Who ever believes a word of what you wrote is quite foolish...
Where have you been? That was the claim for the past six months. Keep your head in the sand if you so choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies