Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They've finally come to firm grips with their budget deficits. Spending now roughly equals income. The fiscal house is in perfect order, exactly as people on the right in this country desire in a government. They could not get any more fiscally responsible through any current actions. So why aren't you all moving there in droves?
Why should I? I took care of my fiscal house a long time ago. I couldn't care less about yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
BS. The GOP believes in military Keynesianism. Why do you think they are trying to prevent military spending cuts and actually expand military spending?
Seemed like even with the military expenditures we were not doing too bad 10 years ago. I agree the military needs to be cut.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Spain went green and now everybody is looking for jobs. That is what stupidity gets you.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Because we'd rather save OUR country from liberals instead of abandoning the citizens to the left.

How about instead of trying to change the US into the EU why don't liberals move to whatever country already matches their beliefs? Or don't those countries want you either?

Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Because we built this one,and you can't have it.
You didn't build that.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Why don't conservatives move to Spain or Italy?
Spain's income tax rate is 45% and it is 42% in Italy, so why would conservatives want to move there?

You're the one who wants to be taxed like a red-headed step-child, you move there.

Besides, they have UHC (snicker).

Did you know that only 93.1% of Spaniards and 92.7% of Italians had their health care needs met in 2010 (latest available data).

Gotta love it.......93% is, um, you know, "universal" (snicker).

And the reason they didn't get medical care was.....

"Too expensive or too far to travel or waiting list"

Imagine that -- health care in a UHC country being too expensive.

Quote:
They've finally come to firm grips with their budget deficits. Spending now roughly equals income. The fiscal house is in perfect order, exactly as people on the right in this country desire in a government. They could not get any more fiscally responsible through any current actions. So why aren't you all moving there in droves?
Their problems aren't over......and neither are yours.

Unmoved...

Mircea

Quote:
BS. The GOP believes in military Keynesianism. Why do you think they are trying to prevent military spending cuts and actually expand military spending?
To save your asses.

So....you're not on Kissinger's Christmas List....otherwise you'd have gotten the memo on the Petro-Dollar back in 1974.

Quote:
Yup. There are plenty of third world hellholes with limited government. I wonder why they don't pack their bags and find their Utopias?
Yes, and nearly every damn one of the created and perpetuated by the US.

Hellishly....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It should actually be Somalia or Haiti where they might find their true "free market."
http://www.observatori.org/paises/pa...64_somalia.pdf

Somalia After State Collapse: Chaos or Improvement?

Benjamin Powell is an Assistant Professor of Economics at San Jose State University and the Director of the Center on Entrepreneurial Innovation at the Independent Institute.

Ryan Ford is a graduate student of economics at San Jose State University.

Alex Nowrasteh is an economics major at George Mason University.

Quote:
Many people believe that Somalia’s economy has been in chaos since the collapse of its national government in 1991. We take a comparative institutional approach to examine Somalia’s performance relative to other African countries both when Somalia had a government and during its extended period of anarchy. We find that although Somalia is poor, its relative economic performance has improved during its period of statelessness. We also describe how Somalia has provided basic law and order and a currency, which have enabled the country to achieve the coordination that has led to improvements in its standard of living.
Ooops.

I highlighted the relevant parts since you arrived late to the debate and ill-informed.

Freely...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Because we built this one,and you can't have it.
Ah, that's clever.

Cleverly...

Mircea

Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:

We'll stay here and hope that this serves as an example.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
If Italy and Spain truly got their fiscal house in order good for them. One reason I wouldn't move there is I don't have the aptitude to learn another language. I would like the women in those countries, I'm attracted to their darker features and am in awe of how thin they are compared to American women, but that's a whole different topic.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
You didn't build that.
Priceless.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,464 times
Quote:
You didn't build that.
Not That, THIS (country).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies