Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

I have a novel idea. Why don't we have a constitutional republic with minimal federal powers and let people move to the states or localities that they wish to? It is much easier to move from one state to another than switch countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
They've finally come to firm grips with their budget deficits. Spending now roughly equals income. The fiscal house is in perfect order, exactly as people on the right in this country desire in a government. They could not get any more fiscally responsible through any current actions. So why aren't you all moving there in droves?
We would rather get our own country healthy again, and cure it of this liberal affliction, where they destroy our country with trillions in debt.

Obama spent $6 trillion in new debt, and what does he have to show for it? Did he reduce poverty, create a better standard of living for Americans, or did he create more poor, and desperate Americans??

We need to cure a sick economy, and liberalism is the disease.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have a novel idea. Why don't we have a constitutional republic with minimal federal powers and let people move to the states or localities that they wish to? It is much easier to move from one state to another than switch countries.
Now THAT is a plan.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Seemed like even with the military expenditures we were not doing too bad 10 years ago. I agree the military needs to be cut.
And by what calculation have you come to that conclusion, or is it just a knee-jerk response.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 AM

779 posts, read 537,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Spain went green and now everybody is looking for jobs. That is what stupidity gets you.
"went green"? really? Totally green? Care to back up that claim with any facts?

Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 AM

779 posts, read 537,311 times
Yes, healthy economy = starting wars and lowering taxes, correct? LOL! The GWB plan! What a GREAT IDEA!. Not.

What's that sound that lemmings make as they hit the rocks after throwing themselves off of the cliff? *SPLAT*? More importantly, what sound do the ghosts of those already self-sacrificed lemmings make, as they keep repeating the same mistakes that lead them to their economic grave? *WHOOSH*?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Yes, healthy economy = starting wars and lowering taxes, correct? LOL! The GWB plan! What a GREAT IDEA!. Not.

What's that sound that lemmings make as they hit the rocks after throwing themselves off of the cliff? *SPLAT*? More importantly, what sound do the ghosts of those already self-sacrificed lemmings make, as they keep repeating the same mistakes that lead them to their economic grave? *WHOOSH*?
George W Bush wasn't a true conservative. He was a neocon which would explain the invasion of Iraq. Bush also spent a lot more than a traditional conservative would (although nothing compared to Obama!). As for the Bush tax cuts, they were only supposed to be temporary.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Conservatives would fit in better in the Middle East than liberals.
I can't think of any sane conservative that has advocated killing gays or instituting Sharia law or even Mosaic law. It's quite ironic that the one country in the Middle East that allows gay marriage, Israel, is the one liberals hate the most.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:38 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I can't think of any sane conservative that has advocated killing gays or instituting Sharia law or even Mosaic law. It's quite ironic that the one country in the Middle East that allows gay marriage, Israel, is the one liberals hate the most.
Yes conservatives are the only ones I hear criticize the way Islamists mistreat women, gays etc. Liberals are defesive towards Islam and quick to call critics "islamophobic". it's liberals who should go on a one way ticket to the Islamic country of their choice.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I'd move to Italy in a heartbeat. Trouble is, other countries actually enforce their immigration laws. People can't randomly move to a European country just because they want to, unlike those who move here just because they want to.
toodie
LOL... good point.

America is racist because we semi-guard our borders...

I've heard that Mexico has full military guarding their southern border... yet Vincete Fox called America a racists nation because we had an actual immigration policy.

I dont think I could handle any more BS in terms of ****ing double standards that the US has to deal with...

Every other nation in the whole damn world has strict policies about who enters it's borders... here.... were racist and Xenophobes for worrring about silly things like borders.....:rolleye s:

You know... based on this rant/post.. I sound like some a hole... I'm just pointing out the lunacies of our system.

I'm not nearly as hostile as this post sounds.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies