Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
In what way at all is this teacher liberal?

There are some things that have nothing to do with liberal or conservative, my friend. You can't label every person you don't like a liberal.
Let me explain how you can discern the difference ..... if it is a thought or an act or a decision that lacks one smidgen of common sense ... if it is so bloody brain dead that it causes one to question the future of humanity's continued existence on this planet .... it's a liberal behind it. That's how you can tell, without checking a voter registration card.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
New teacher, stupid mistake, OLD STORY.

What's going on?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Lost our minds? You are the one saying a 7 year old is a baby when hes not! Kid should have behaved better and thought about that beforehand. The child isnt special...all children all the same. This little my special snowflake crap needs to end now seriously.
A 7 year old IS still a baby ... babies cry - 7 year olds cry .. babies cling to their mothers- 7 year olds cling to their mothers ... babies are fully dependent on the adults around them ... 7 year olds are totally dependent too. This is 2nd grade bubba ... not 6th grade ... 9th grade ... 11th grade ..... they are 7 years old for crying out loud.

And contrary to the twisted opinion you seem to hold ... you're wrong .... ALL children are special ... each one as individual and distinctly different as that snowflake. What they will ultimately become as adults can be tied directly to the experiences they have in those critical developmental years, of which 7 is still a part. And god save them from the disturbing number of demonic numbskulls who apparently gravitate to occupations that involve their close contact with children, as well as others who shouldn't be allowed near children.

But am I surprised at this atrocious attitude toward children? Not at all ... I'm disgusted by it, but hardly surprised when you consider how so many think that killing a million of them each year just prior to birth is some reason to celebrate, and some demonstration of freedom. This dismissive tone of yours is really very much the mindset of those who prefer to call unborn babies fetuses ... while you apparently see no need to disguise your contempt for children, born or unborn. You really scream it loudly ... in case you're not aware.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
How about "Tenure Bucks"

X amount of incentives have to be reached before they are tenured on a limited time frame.

Our teachers mostly suck and this dummy is notwithstanding

Old 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Bathroom breaks shouldn't be tied to rewards or punishment--that's ridiculous. You tie participation in fun activities to behavior reward points, with points given for being helpful and completing assignments, and points taken away if the child is disruptive or doesn't do his work. Using the bathroom is not "bad behavior", and taking away points for that is as dumb as it gets. If they took away the kid's lunch and didn't let him eat because he didn't have enough points, you'd all be screaming. Using the bathroom is a basic necessity, and this is no different. We had a Jr. High teacher who did get fired because (among other things) she wouldn't let kids take bathroom breaks. One girl having a difficult menstrual cycle had a major accident, and she was humiliated in front of her entire class. Most of the parents were outraged.

I hope some of you NEVER have children, and if you do, god pity them.

Last edited by mb1547; 08-06-2013 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Lost our minds? You are the one saying a 7 year old is a baby when hes not! Kid should have behaved better and thought about that beforehand. The child isnt special...all children all the same. This little my special snowflake crap needs to end now seriously.
So if a 7 year old is NOT a baby, then SURELY a 17 y.o is not a child....right??.....right??

Old 08-06-2013, 01:03 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
I tell my kids if they really need to go and the teacher won't let them leave then just go. If the teacher puts a hand on them and tries to stop them the teacher will have to deal with me. If the teacher wants to make a big deal out of it ill gladly go to the school.

Its exactly what my mam told me to do. I feel for the kid, itll be a long time before they let him get over pissing himself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What 7 year old kid has not wet his pants?
Normal, well adjusted 7 year old children are potty trained long before reaching the age of 7. And aside some medical condition, 7 year olds do not commonly wet their pants, unless they fall victim to some IDIOT who refuses to allow them a trip to the restroom when the need arises. This truth is self evident in the fact that the child recognized the need, and asked permission, but was refused. So, I suppose, we could make your statement legitimate by simply removing restrooms from the public schools, and every kid, from k-12 can experience the common "wet pants" syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The Bucks idea for bathroom breaks was a bad idea. But the teacher should not be suspended. I think the mother is making a big deal over nothing.
You're right, the teacher shouldn't be suspended ... the teacher should be fired, and encouraged to pursue another occupation that doesn't require a great deal of wisdom and common sense for which this person obviously lacks.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It absolutely can. I'll bet his parents were livid and with good reason.
I know I would have been fit to be tied, and the teacher would have rather quit their job than to hear what I would have had to say about it!

Quote:
There is a local teacher here (also new) who makes all of her kids put on a life jacket to go to the bathroom. This is in sixth grade, mind you, in a very good school district. One girl was too heavy to fit into it, and the teacher ended up discontinuing this ridiculous practice.
This is the kinda stuff you can't make up .... so outrageously bizarre, this teacher's mental sanity is highly questionable. What an absurd, ridiculous thing. Other than being stark raving lunacy, this is also part of the indoctrination of compliance .... you will wear a life jacket to the restroom .... it's insane, and there is no rational point in doing so, but you must comply, no matter how absurd. Well, it wouldn't have worked on me ... as a 6th grader, I would have refused to indulge this teacher's twisted mental illness.

Quote:
I thought it was outrageous! My 92 year old conservative father - who also taught high school for many years - thought it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard of.

Common sense, people. Common sense.
That's because it is stark raving insanity .... and shows that the nuts are now running the asylum ... that is what the pubic schools have become .... literal nut houses that have destroyed the minds of the last few generations who have been trained to accept madness as normal.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Whatever the fee, whatever the reward, it is still bribery. Children need to learn for the sake of learning. Some deal making payoff is neither instructive nor informative.

By 2nd. grade a kid should know his bladder will need to be emptied. How to plan ahead and anticipate what will happen next is the next thing mom and the teacher need to focus on.
And if they learned at home, the school wouldn't feel the need to bribe kids to behave.
What have parents left to the schools, not a ounce of right to discipline little Bobby and Sally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies