Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
ONLY IF HE TELLS YOU, you are not required in most states where Face to Face sales are legal to even ask, and if he lies you have no more commited a felony than if you lie on the fed form that you do not use drugs or any other question. But again you are not required to ask if it is legal for them to own the gun you are selling them. BS BS BS. If the person says he is a felon and can not own the gun than you would be commiting a crime to sell it, but how many people are going to tell you they are not allowed to own a gun even if you do ask? Its total BS what your saying.
You are required...let me find that BATF chapter to REMIND YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:56 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
That's there problem. If they didn't at least varify you were from the same State they broke Federal law. If you show your license to carry...you've already been checked out.

You simply cannot account for every swing d*** being a retard and doing something dumb.

He'll find his way facing Federal charges soon enough.
More BS, In Kansas, Arkansas and Florida I called the local Police dept. and asked what do I need from the buyer of a gun in a private sale. I was told NOTHING, they can purchase the gun and I do not have to do ANYTHING. I do not have to see a DL, ID NOTHING. You may live in a state where they require this but in several states it is not Required. So quit saying its the law when its not in many states. And its not federal law.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
No...everyone I know wants to see a drivers license and LTCH.....If YOU CHICKEN OUT....you don't get the gun. No one is getting them that shouldn't have them....
Since you are against the sale of guns at gun shows without doing any form of background check, I encourage you to get involved in this:
How can we close the gun show loophole?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,950,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I own one. In fact, it's leaning up against my couch right now, albeit in 2 pieces because I need to clean it. I have never killed anyone with it, and hope I never need to. I may use it to kill a deer in the future, but thus far, the only thing I've killed is pieces of paper.

Tell me again how I'm a problem to society?
Because it's leaning up against a couch right now waiting to be cleaned and not locked up in a gun safe which only you have access to? Just a guess...

Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You are required...let me find that BATF chapter to REMIND YOU!
Let me Remind you,

Summary of Federal Law
Federal law imposes various duties on federally licensed firearms dealers. Firearms dealers must, among other things: (1) perform background checks on prospective firearm purchasers; (2) maintain records of all gun sales; (3) make those records available to law enforcement for inspection; (4) report multiple sales; and (5) report the theft or loss of a firearm from the licensee’s inventory.2 Federal law imposes none of these requirements on unlicensed sellers, however.
The Gun Control Act of 1968 provides that persons “engaged in the business” of dealing in firearms must be licensed.3 Although Congress did not originally define the term “engaged in the business,” it did so in 1986 as part of the McClure-Volkmer Act (also known as the “Firearms Owners’ Protection Act”). That Act defined the term “engaged in the business,” as applied to a firearms dealer, as “a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.”4
Significantly, however, the term was defined to exclude a person who “makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.”5
Consequently, unlicensed sellers may sell firearms without conducting background checks or documenting the transaction in any way. In addition, because federal law does not require private sellers to inspect a buyer’s driver’s license or any other identification, there is no obligation for such sellers to confirm that a buyer is of legal age to purchase a firearm. As a result, convicted felons, minors and other prohibited purchasers can easily buy guns from unlicensed sellers.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
Law abide citizens will not hurt anyone, but it doesn't stop the government does not see any law abide citizen. They only see rulers and servants.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So if this loophole that a non-licensed gun seller can legally sell guns at a gun show without doing a background check is true, would you be willing to fight to stop this?
That just reads wrong.....

if you said this....

So if this loophole that a illegal non-licensed gun seller can illegally sell guns at a gun show without doing a background check is true, would you be willing to fight to stop this?

And if you said that i would agree.... As i said already i don't buy this video. Brady began it and Brady is know to lie thru their teeth. You do know who and what is behind Brady right?

You do KNOW this is why NICS was created right?

That video is pure nonsense.... total hog wash...... i can see NICS was done and the actors were paid by Brady to lie... That makes the most sense to me.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times
In MN, it is perfectly legal to sell a pistol/long gun/AR to ANYONE as a private party age 18-and over as long as you are not KNOWINGLY selling to a person bound by legal issues from owning a firearm. VERY plain and simple. You can sell guns from the trunk of your car if you want. Just have them state in the Bill of Sale that they are legally able to own firearms, sign it, date it, and your done.

It's 21 for a dealer to sell, for some odd reason.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
In MN, it is perfectly legal to sell a pistol/long gun/AR to ANYONE as a private party age 18 and over as long as you are not KNOWINGLY selling to a person bound by legal issues from owning a firearm. VERY plain and simple. You can sell guns from the trunk of your car if you want. Just have them state in the Bill of Sale that they are legally able to own firearms, sign it, date it, and your done.
Exactly, If they tell you they can't own it you have commited a crime. If they lie or just don't tell you its non of your business and as far as the law goes your in the clear.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Summary of Federal Law
Federal law imposes various duties on federally licensed firearms dealers. Firearms dealers must, among other things: (1) perform background checks on prospective firearm purchasers; (2) maintain records of all gun sales; (3) make those records available to law enforcement for inspection; (4) report multiple sales; and (5) report the theft or loss of a firearm from the licensee’s inventory.2 Federal law imposes none of these requirements on unlicensed sellers, however.
The Gun Control Act of 1968 provides that persons “engaged in the business” of dealing in firearms must be licensed.3 Although Congress did not originally define the term “engaged in the business,” it did so in 1986 as part of the McClure-Volkmer Act (also known as the “Firearms Owners’ Protection Act”). That Act defined the term “engaged in the business,” as applied to a firearms dealer, as “a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.”4
Significantly, however, the term was defined to exclude a person who “makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.”5

Consequently, unlicensed sellers may sell firearms without conducting background checks or documenting the transaction in any way. In addition, because federal law does not require private sellers to inspect a buyer’s driver’s license or any other identification, there is no obligation for such sellers to confirm that a buyer is of legal age to purchase a firearm. As a result, convicted felons, minors and other prohibited purchasers can easily buy guns from unlicensed sellers.

The bold isn't a table full of guns in a gun show........ it is a face to face in state buy from a hobbist for 1 maybe 2 guns..

2 weeks ago i bought a 22 bolt action and a 7 mm mauser face to face from a NH guy.. That is legal

I have never seen a gun show back room where dirty deeds go down like that video made by Brady, which has to be all lies...

Sellers are not dealers....... No more than some guy selling his old car to buy a newer car....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies