Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thank you for posting this!

This is important for people to know as it it obvious from this thread that even so call "gun experts" do not realize this loophole to background checks.
This 30+ year VET isn't going down for your misinformation NEWB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Just anyone or only in state people anyones? For hand guns!

I know when I make a private sale I make a bill of sale twice and I keep one. I have the make model and serial number and the guys name and address I take off his drivers Lic...

I only do this with people i know.... other wise I go to a FFL dealer and pay him to log the gun in and the buyer does NICS and the FFL dealer logs the gun out...

I won't sell privately to a stranger. If he isn't legal I will go down with him. No way I will do that.

Guns out of car trunks were logged in and out somewhere....... i sure would hate to be the last guy that logged a gun out.
Are you a licensed dealer?

Quote:
Here is the controversial aspect of a gun show: the unlicensed seller. This is a person that wants to sell his personal property to another individual. It is the equivalent of you saying “Mike, you want to sell that .22?” And then me telling you I’ll take 50-bucks for it. We have a deal and I’m the unlicensed seller. But, I don’t need a license to sell you my .22. That is the “gun show loophole.”
Quote:
Closing the “gun show loophole” enables the government to curtail person to person sales. That is what is really behind the attack on gun shows. Every gun would have to be turned into a gun dealer so that it could be tracked by the Federal Government and then the transfer process would be monitored by the Federal Government. The right you have now to sell your neighbor your shotgun will be gone, forever.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/19/wh...#ixzz2FHQOtyJx

Old 12-16-2012, 09:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A private gun owner can sell guns at a gun show without doing ANY background check on the buyer and it is legal!!!!

Gun Show Loophole Frequently Asked Questions - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
Yup that is legal........ If you were a NH resident and i was at a gun show on my own and not under a FFL lic dealer I could sell you a long gun or a hand gun/pistol face to face.

In order to get me to sell it i would need to see your drivers lic myself. You would not need any other papers for either a long gun or a handgun/pistol since NH is a open carry state.

I would not have the authority to ask if you were a prohibited person either, since i would just be another private citizen myself in that action.

However i am no fool and if you refused to show me a valid state ID or drivers lic and or refuse to sigh a bill of sale i would end the transaction then and there and i have.

Another time selling a Intertech 9 the guy said the wrong word....... (Full Auto) that ended the deal then and there... and i was under the FFL lic then. he never got as far as the 4473 form.....

Another guy in the store never got that far either he said (one bullet)

Now you have made it plain you think all these sales are illegal on that video and so do I, but I think Brady made it up....

They have big money, real big money and they can fuferaw stuff to make shepole propaganda and have over many years..... So if you asked do I believe anything in that video is real I would say Hell NO!

And you have no idea who made that video when or where either, so that's about as good as a 'Star' magazine at the grocers check out.

By the way armed aliens did do sexual experiments on Obama! Really!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Here you go geniuses.

1. How do I obtain a classification from ATF for my “potato gun?”
  2. Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]
Q: May an unlicensed person obtain ammunition from an out-of-State source?Yes, provided he or she is not a person prohibited from possessing or receiving ammunition.
[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n)]

Q: Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition?Yes, a person who —
  1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
  9. Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
  10. Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.
Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.
[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]
Let's see that again....maybe I'll post a pic of my AR15/M16 armorers tools just cuz you p*ss me off.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Herein lies the problem:

Wisconsin Shooter Exploited "Gun Show Loophole" to Buy Weapon the Day Before His Rampage

Quote:
People who buy handguns from gun dealers must wait 48 hours after they have cleared a background check from the Department of Justice to pick up their firearm. There is no such waiting period or background check required in Wisconsin for people who purchase handguns from private individuals, which police say Radcliffe Haughton did.
That is what is known as the "gun show loophole," regardless of whether the sale takes place at a gun show or in a private home. And it is a loophole that exists in Washington State the same way it exists in Wisconsin.
It Could've Happened Here: Wisconsin Shooter Exploited "Gun Show Loophole" to Buy Weapon the Day Before His Rampage | Slog

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Really? I assume in state face to face sales or thru FFL to FFL, other wise some folks will be going on a long vacation...

In our very liberal news paper classifieds, there is a guns & ammo section. It is long.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Hog wash.......... I have sold guns at gun shows working under a FFL lic as a clerk and to do that you must have been finger printed and checked out.... In these modern times we have this tool called a cell phone. perhaps you have heard of these?

Every individual state has different regulation of gun shows.

I beg you not to throw the blanket.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Yup that is legal........ If you were a NH resident and i was at a gun show on my own and not under a FFL lic dealer I could sell you a long gun or a hand gun/pistol face to face.

In order to get me to sell it i would need to see your drivers lic myself. You would not need any other papers for either a long gun or a handgun/pistol since NH is a open carry state.

I would not have the authority to ask if you were a prohibited person either, since i would just be another private citizen myself in that action.

However i am no fool and if you refused to show me a valid state ID or drivers lic and or refuse to sigh a bill of sale i would end the transaction then and there and i have.

Another time selling a Intertech 9 the guy said the wrong word....... (Full Auto) that ended the deal then and there... and i was under the FFL lic then. he never got as far as the 4473 form.....

Another guy in the store never got that far either he said (one bullet)

Now you have made it plain you think all these sales are illegal on that video and so do I, but I think Brady made it up....

They have big money, real big money and they can fuferaw stuff to make shepole propaganda and have over many years..... So if you asked do I believe anything in that video is real I would say Hell NO!

And you have no idea who made that video when or where either, so that's about as good as a 'Star' magazine at the grocers check out.

By the way armed aliens did do sexual experiments on Obama! Really!
How do you know if you never asked to see a valid DL and or a CCW? You wouldn't...thus you didn't do your J-O-B making sure. You're doing the right things Mac. No matter what some folks who couldn't avoid an "M1 Thumb" think.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In our very liberal news paper classifieds, there is a guns & ammo section. It is long.
The comment he was talking about was Craigs List. Also the same as Gun Broker. You had better be using an FFL if that person isn't from your home State and is meeting you face to face. No shipping the firearm is allowed. Only thing you can do is send it back to the manufacter for repair...that's it. Otherwise you have violated Federal law.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
The comment he was talking about was Craigs List. Also the same as Gun Broker. You had better be using an FFL if that person isn't from your home State and is meeting you face to face. No shipping the firearm is allowed. Only thing you can do is send it back to the manufacter for repair...that's it. Otherwise you have violated Federal law.

You do realize, nothing is illegal.... Until you get caught. Freedom & Liberty were founded on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies