Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Of course you relish it. Why else would you be willing to trade 6-year olds for your "right" to fondle your guns? Nothing else explains it.
If one or more of the adults in that school had a firearm, they might be burying less kids today.

Gun bans will stop bad guys from getting guns about as efficiently as drug bans stops people from getting drugs. And when bad guys are the only ones that have them, that's when the real carnage will start.

Florida just issued (or is about to issue) it's 1,000,000th CCW. When they were debating the law, anti's predicted blood would flow on the streets, and every minor fender bender would escalate to a homicide. That hasn't happened. Since the law was initiated, murder in the state has dropped to record lows. CCW holders are 300x less likely than the general public to commit a crime. The revocation rate is about 0.3%.

Guns are not the problem. It's people who have no business having them, but still manage to get them that are. Concentrate on solving that problem, and you'll actually accomplish something.

I could have 1,000 "assault weapons", 50,000 rounds of ammo, and hundreds of 30, heck, make it 100 round magazines, and I guarantee you this... Unless you are a threat to me, or someone else, you have nothing to fear from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:00 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its obvious you're not smart enough to own a keyboard.
throw it in the garbage and go back downstairs to your mama's basement and play pacman.
It is also obvious that you are a total jerk by your thoughtless remarks to someone who sounds smart enough to put aside your hateful remarks and propose a simple question and thought. Sorry, I may not be all that smart, but the day has come and gone when saneness prevails. To much, things have to change. Now you, go back to your basement and play over and over your killing machine videos, I guess that how you must get your jollies.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
What ARE you talking about?
The crowd which most glorifies guns and violence is Hollywood.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If one or more of the adults in that school had a firearm, they might be burying less kids today.

Gun bans will stop bad guys from getting guns about as efficiently as drug bans stops people from getting drugs. And when bad guys are the only ones that have them, that's when the real carnage will start.

Florida just issued (or is about to issue) it's 1,000,000th CCW. When they were debating the law, anti's predicted blood would flow on the streets, and every minor fender bender would escalate to a homicide. That hasn't happened. Since the law was initiated, murder in the state has dropped to record lows. CCW holders are 300x less likely than the general public to commit a crime. The revocation rate is about 0.3%.

Guns are not the problem. It's people who have no business having them, but still manage to get them that are. Concentrate on solving that problem, and you'll actually accomplish something.

I could have 1,000 "assault weapons", 50,000 rounds of ammo, and hundreds of 30, heck, make it 100 round magazines, and I guarantee you this... Unless you are a threat to me, or someone else, you have nothing to fear from me.
Your last remark, could pose a problem that only you can control. I am not sure I would want to be anywhere close to your stronghold. We are a Country of laws, you are not judge and jury, do not pretend to be !

Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The crowd which most glorifies guns and violence is Hollywood.
And fault needs to be placed where it is deserved. I'm not one to restrict Freedom of speech but Hollywood should take it's share of the blame and then shut up about it.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Your last remark, could pose a problem that only you can control. I am not sure I would want to be anywhere close to your stronghold. We are a Country of laws, you are not judge and jury, do not pretend to be !
I don't know how you interpreted my comment, but I don't think it was in the manner in which I had intended.

What I mean is no matter how matter firearms I own, I'm not going to kill someone unless I am justified, both legally and ethically. I could come over to your house to watch the game, strapped with an M60 and 1,000 rounds of ammo and you have nothing to fear.

I'll concede that would be strange, and I'm not about to show up at your house with an M60, but it's an intentionally absurd statement meant to illustrate a point.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 PM

328 posts, read 682,600 times
I second that......no reason for any citizen to own an assault weapon.
PS--I do not know anyone who would come over to someones home with 1000 rounds of ammo...but if they did, time to call the police--clearly they are not all there.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
I second that......no reason for any citizen to own an assault weapon.
Kindly explain what the difference is between an assault weapon and the rifle pictured below, and explain why it's more dangerous.

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
I want an assault rifle because I may one day have to break the law...

When the Capitalists decide I have to go to a "camp" for the color of my skin or our furher Obama institutes martial law, I may need to do something about it. We need to have an armed populace, because that is the best defense against tyranny and is necessary for revolution.

When working class people are armed and dangerous, it will make the Pigs in power hesitate before cracking down on us. If I we the working class have to break to law to achieve freedom, than so be it. What part of "by any means necessary" don't you understand?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,310,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Kindly explain what the difference is between an assault weapon and the rifle pictured below, and explain why it's more dangerous.

Thanks!
An assault rifle is not the same as an assault weapon or a rifle.

According to Wiki, an assault rifle is defined as follows:

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

The term assault rifle is a translation of the German word Sturmgewehr (literally "storm rifle", as in "to storm a position"). The name was coined by Adolf Hitler[3] as a new name for the Maschinenpistole 43,[nb 1] subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44, the firearm generally considered the first assault rifle that served to popularise the concept and form the basis for today's modern assault rifles.

The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[4][5][6]
  • It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
  • It must be capable of selective fire;
  • It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
  • Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
  • And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (1000 feet)
Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such.
Pictures are as follows and you can see what they all have in common:

No true law abiding citizen would want to own an assualt weapon-220px-ak-47_type_ii_part_dm-st-89-01131.jpg

No true law abiding citizen would want to own an assualt weapon-220px-m16a1_brimob.jpg

No true law abiding citizen would want to own an assualt weapon-220px-sturmgewehr_44.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies