Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,187,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No idea where that is....... Looks very illegal to me...... but i have no idea where that is...

On the other hand that is exactly how it should be...... but in another place and time..... That place and time was some 55+ years ago now...

My best guess since it started with Brady is it is anti's making a film..... I wish undercover BATFE was there....... And Again it wouldn't surprise me any if these were the BATFE making these deals both as seller and buyer... Anything goes these days..

And none of it was legal........
You still cannot sell to a prohibitted person. If you do.....FELONY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
I'd rather they have a gun than a few 55gal drums full of fertilizer mixed with a little diesel fuel.

You can stop crazy.
No amount of scrutinizing or evaluation will stopped the mentally ill from stealing or obtaining a gun if they really want one.

If we took our security seriously more law abiding folks would carry.
Oh crap now ya gone and dun it! They will ban fertilizer and diesel fuel next!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You told me nothing I didn't know already. HE MUST FOLLOW FEDERAL LAWS WHILE DOING SO....

No exceptions.
So if this loophole that a non-licensed gun seller can legally sell guns at a gun show without doing a background check is true, would you be willing to fight to stop this?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am schooling you on the fact that a non-licensed gun seller can sell guns at gun shows without doing any background checks on the buyer.
You are spot on. I went to one gun show in KC two years ago. I was buying a Smith and Wesson from a dealer and he had to do the Nics check. I told him that I may get a delayed for a misdemeanor I got that was non violent several years ago. It does not stop me from getting a gun but sometimes delayed for the check to see if its domestic violence. It came back delayed and since I lived 5 hours away from KC at the time, I had my wife buy it. The seller said I don't know anything just sign here. Well it was legal because she was not buying for a person who could not own the gun. That is the def. of a straw purchase. Not someone buying for another person but for a person who can not own or buy it. Its like Beer, you can buy for your dad, but not for an underage person. Anyway, some guy next to the table herd me and said come over here, I am not a dealer and anything you buy I don't have to do a check on. I was totally legal but all this crap made me feel like I was dealing in drugs, or stolen guns. LOL I just wanted to get out of there. The guy we bought the gun from was a former Drill instructor and always wears a drill Sgt cap. People call him R Lee Ermy and he is always bitching about Obama. LOL

Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I have bought and sold guns for over 30 years. Only twice did anyone ask me when buying to trade DLs with them. Even so this does not stop a person who should not have a gun as felons can have DLs. You can not as a private seller know who should and who should not have a gun. WTF do you think people will dress up as so you will know they should not have a gun? You would not have any idea. The only way to know if they have a recored is to do a background check and not many people say I will sell you my rifle but we have to go to the local gun shop and do a transfer if the law does not require it. And the law does not require it in many states. Not to mention you would not sell as many guns because most people don't want the hassle of going to a shop and paying and extra 50 to 100 dollars for the shop owner to do the paper work. Some shops wont do it because it infringes on their business.
That's there problem. If they didn't at least varify you were from the same State they broke Federal law. If you show your license to carry...you've already been checked out.

You simply cannot account for every swing d*** being a retard and doing something dumb.

He'll find his way facing Federal charges soon enough.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
Quote:
What the heck are you telling me for? Tell them I already know that! LOL

That video has gotta be BS..... That does not happen in NH USA.....
The whole lot of them would go to jail for a long long time.... The store fronts would be invaded by BATFE and every single item confiscated as evidence including the books, and a few liberals all some how KNOW better than people who have worked behind the counters for years? I don;t think so.

That video has to be bogus.... That could happen but only a fool would film it and put it on line for all to see.....

If it is real the BATFE will already know......

3,869 posts, read 15,184,894 times
says you, and your nobody
Quote:
False choice and false argument.

1,229 posts, read 1,149,518 times
Quote:
ONLY IF HE TELLS YOU, you are not required in most states where Face to Face sales are legal to even ask, and if he lies you have no more commited a felony than if you lie on the fed form that you do not use drugs or any other question. But again you are not required to ask if it is legal for them to own the gun you are selling them. BS BS BS. If the person says he is a felon and can not own the gun than you would be commiting a crime to sell it, but how many people are going to tell you they are not allowed to own a gun even if you do ask? Its total BS what your saying.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
So if this loophole that a non-licensed gun seller can legally sell guns at a gun show without doing a background check is true, would you be willing to fight to stop this?
No...everyone I know wants to see a drivers license and LTCH.....If YOU CHICKEN OUT....you don't get the gun. No one is getting them that shouldn't have them....

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,865,909 times
Quote:
That's there problem. If they didn't at least varify you were from the same State they broke Federal law. If you show your license to carry...you've already been checked out.

You simply cannot account for every swing d*** being a retard and doing something dumb.

He'll find his way facing Federal charges soon enough.
A private gun owner can sell guns at a gun show without doing ANY background check on the buyer and it is legal!!!!

Quote:
The Gun Control Act of 1968 requires anyone engaged in the business of selling guns to have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and keep a record of their sales. However, this law does not cover all gun sellers. If a supplier is selling from his or her private collection and the principal objective is not to make a profit, the seller is not "engaged in the business" and is not required to have a license. Because they are unlicensed, these sellers are not required to keep records of sales and are not required to perform background checks on potential buyers, even those prohibited from purchasing guns by the Gun Control Act. The gun show loophole refers to the fact that prohibited purchasers can avoid required background checks by seeking out these unlicensed sellers at gun shows.
Gun Show Loophole Frequently Asked Questions - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies