Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
A lot of the guns that are used by the drug cartels come from the US. ...in trade for drugs. Do we really know WHO is selling the guns? In most cases yes we do, it is not illegal to sell fire arms all over the world that are made here. I would guess some of that must be slowing down here, as so many Companies move off shore. What really drives the import of drugs, is the big demand for them in this Country.
Not so fast, left leaning folks are very concerned about assault rifles coming into this country, many of them originating from here the first time. Open Border ? , not hardly. Just because all the money spent building walls is not the answer and it's been supported by Right wing Politics, does not mean we are not concerned about illegals from all over the world showing upon our shores and dry river beds.. If any place has more Hispanic, legal and illegal, it's Texas., run by the right wing, yet according to Rick Perry, it's not a problem, outside of the violence along the border cities. That's always been a problem one way or the other.I have a little personal history in this area as I was once involved romantically with a young girl from a well known family in Mexico City. My escape back to the U S could be a best seller/ movie. May well be one day.....but not while I am still kicking. I turn 72 in July and feel pretty good for an old Leftie that has a lot of miles on me. Lol
Yes we know who is selling Full Autos to the Mexican Drug Cartels. BATFE and Obama that's WHO. We now call it Fast and Furious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Your Colt 45 has more stopping power than an AR-15, and can fire just as rapidly, dependent only on the skill of the person using them.
Only inside 75 yards...... That .45 may as well be a red brick past 100 yards... The Ar can get you to 600 yards and more of you got a real shooter behind the trigger.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
If you do not like our( yours too) Government , than move! Your Government only exist because of the wisdom our Founding Fathers had. I think you have it backwards, or, are afraid of yourself, YOU, WE, are the Government.
here is your Govt.....

35 States SO FAR

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that passed ... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever . The self-serving must stop.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ..."

As to you comment o We the people BS and the calling for more stupid gun laws which are never enforced is plain dumb.

You have no fact, nor basis to know who is calling for what.

This day you can't get to a gun store counter with out a 2 or 3 hour delay because there are people ahead of you and many are females.

So long as there are a lot of female gun buyers you are doomed for no new gun laws of the slightest importance.

There will be no new bans, there will be no change to the 2nd.

If you do succeed in getting any sort of new gun law it will not be enforced.

Today there are still thousands of pre ban mags out there for sale....... There is no way to ban pre ban ban ban ban mags period.

You lefty's make simple metal workers appear as magicians..

For all I know no lefty can work metal at all, but that doesn't mean no one else can.....

Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Your Colt 45 has more stopping power than an AR-15, and can fire just as rapidly, dependent only on the skill of the person using them.
Not true.

The .45 ACP, with a 185 grain copper bonded hollow point bullet fired at 1,225 feet per second would achieve just over 616 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle.

The 5.56mm x 45mm NATO round, with a 63 grain FMJ fired at 3,200 feet per second would achieve 1,432 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Only inside 75 yards...... That .45 may as well be a red brick past 100 yards... The Ar can get you to 600 yards and more of you got a real shooter behind the trigger.
When was the last time someone was (intentionally) murdered from half a click away?

Assault rifles killed, at MOST, 358 people in the US in 2010, out of a total of 12,996 total murders. I say at most, because that number includes ALL rifles, assault and non-assault, so the real number is some unknown subset of 358.

They are not a significant source of crime. Period.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Its not good, but its not at all like you make it out to be. I used to be an "investor" of PMs physical holdings.There were then and still are today, many" survivor types " who was sure our dollar would collapse totally. Inflation would skyrocket, the streets would be full of desperate people, on and on.
The truth is it never happened and I was talking about 40 years ago when I started to collect PMs. I never became a radical who moved to the mtns. in Idaho built a compound, lots of guns and ammo stores in underground bunkers. etc. There are still folks out there that think this way, thats fine, we are all entitled to our beliefs.... Some things that were over inflated was/is the fact China "owns" us money wise by buying up our debt . Its not so, very small amount compared to other Countries, like Canada. In fact China has become less interested in investing the US, in part to the needs they have internally with a growing middle class. The one thing we can do, that many can not, is print money. They used to say the more you print the higher inflation would be. IE; the reason for PMs. Today as bad as it looks, we have almost no inflation and yes the Fed is printing money as fast as the printing presses can crank out the green paper. The real truth is there is still a lot of demand for US investments and the AMERICAN DOLLAR.
Wrong........... The dollar is dead and you know it is.... Today it takes 30 US Notes to buy 1 silver dollar...

That makes a dollar worth about 4 cents silver. That makes a silver dime worth $2.60 and is a great deal for on gasoline..

The dollar is a dud......

At any instant the Govt can just tell us the are broke and the dollar is done....

What do you think the entitled will do on day 3 with no way to buy food in a Walmart because the Brown Card no longer works?

My only problem right now is which AR do I buy....... The .223 for lefty Zombie Hordes, where lots of fast light ammo is the best round to have, or the .308 which is heavier, slower but will also make meat in my neck of the woods.

Pretty soon I will have one or the other and with so many mags as i think I need. Maybe 25

Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
When was the last time someone was (intentionally) murdered from half a click away?

Assault rifles killed, at MOST, 358 people in the US in 2010, out of a total of 12,996 total murders. I say at most, because that number includes ALL rifles, assault and non-assault, so the real number is some unknown subset of 358.

They are not a significant source of crime. Period.
Sorry, can you name even one case an assault rifle being used?

Assault rifles have been under heavy regulation ever since 1934. I would love to see the case.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sorry, can you name even one case an assault rifle being used?
You're right, of course, but the data is categorized as rifles, and so-called "assault weapons" are a subset of that categorization. Only 1 assault rifle legally owned by a civilian has been used in a crime since 1934.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Thats all a bunch of crap ! What NBC did was to inform the public using a physical aid. ( Not intended for use, used as a prop) This happens everyday. What we do need to do is get more info getting out to the public, anyway we can.. The Gun collectors will be the first ones to complain about the public, that they are misinformed. here is a chance to right a wrong. Knowledge is good for everyone, sometimes, it can even route the the bad guys if given a chance. ( Public awareness).
Oh I see you don't like it when one of your own gets busted for a breech of LAW..... There is No excuse.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ What you fail to realize is that the LAW in D.C. says it's ILLEGAL to POSSESS....it doesn't have an INTENT clause in it!

LOL....but I'll tell you what, Make all the bans you WANT....subject to INTENT.....Fair enough? So I can own and carry my guns everywhere as long as my INTENT is good!

OR you could just ban Felons from owning guns...oh, wait!
LOL AND THIS! Is because lefty's crafted that LAW. Just Desert anyone?

I just love it when a lefty gets caught in a law made by the brainless lefties..

We don't care why the media breaks laws, we just care that they pay for their CRIMES.

And so now the NBC lawyers will have to figure out how to argue the case to save their boy and at the same time continue the stupid law, or challenge the LAW altogether.

Asking was dumb, being told NO and doing it anyway was STUPID, and now they want to go for strike 3 and yer OUT.

I hope they get with some very stiff fines and a bit of JAIL TIME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies