Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
"Gun violence" is not the problem. PREDATORS are the problem. If you think you can stop predators by disarming the law abiding people, good luck with that. Maybe you should buy stock in a yellow tape company.
And maybe you should stop being so paranoid about the subject and that everyone is trying to " get my guns" thing.I do not think collectors, investors in firepower are the problem. Unless you are planing on overthrowing the Government, the Nation., you have little to worry about. Its the real bad guys/ the wing nuts/ the crazy's that won't take their meds. that we need to be protected from.I am not calling for everyone to give up their weapons, but I am calling for many to be more responsible with what they have and work along with our Government , our people, to cut the availability of these people to get guns that are designed to kill as many children as the shooter can do in a short time with semi auto guns that are obviously not a "hunting Gun". Also, Hunters do not need multi rounds in a clip., to kill a deer. If you still think you must have these "extras" as a collector fine. Did you know there are gun collectors serving time right now for owning a automatic weapon ( gun ) ? You are not the problem, its the shooters that seem to surface on the 6:00 news almost daily that are the problem.Every time there is a mass murder, it looks worse for the serious collector/hunter, gun owner. I would think you guys would want to work with our authorities to end the worst of the worsrt that is happening now, today !
So, yes it is Gun Violence , Gun Control is there for just that reason. Fully automatic guns have been illegal for a long long time. I do not know of one attack, one mass murder in these times that involved these weapons.( by a private citizen ). A semi-Auto is all they need to do serious damage to our people .The better we can do to limit, slow down, these killings is a plus for all of us law abiding, honest hard working responsible folks. If you want to keep your guns, than you all need to be apart of slowing down the bad guys, they are not collectors as a rule, but many DO know their weapons of choice....that can be a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 03:00 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think that the founding fathers would be shocked by the disparity of weapons available to the goverent compared to US citizens. We, as citizens, suffer a tactical disadvantage.
Correct. Gun control should start with control of government guns.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
If you do not like our( yours too) Government , than move! Your Government only exist because of the wisdom our Founding Fathers had. I think you have it backwards, or, are afraid of yourself, YOU, WE, are the Government.
Not even close. Government is a necessary evil and we need protection against an all powerful government.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The last half dozen presidential elections have been nothing more than a "lesser of 2 evils" contest. Anyone who claims otherwise is delusional. Add on the fact that the legislative branch of our government is involved in the largest game of "mine's bigger than yours" that has ever existed and both sides are perfectly willing to tank our nation in order to be declared the winner, and you might start to see how "we the people" no longer feel that it is "our" government.
Correct. The only choices have been candidates who want a humongous government and continued growth of government power and control.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,633,506 times
Really? So you speak for ALL law biding citizens. And the definition of a law biding citizen then must be someone that does NOT want to own an assault weapon. Define assault weapon.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not even close. Government is a necessary evil and we need protection against an all powerful government.
Well then, is it the Government against you ? Would you say its all Government, local, state, national ? If this form of Government you talk about is so evil, but necessary, I have to wonder what parts are " necessary" and why. You know there are places you can go, to feel safe, some are local, a safety in numbers.others are deep in the wood away from society. Would that be appealing to you ?
The other thing is always curious, its what do you intend to do about this evil Government ? Some ideas would be helpful for the rest of us that feel threatened, like You. Would you be willing to join others that feel the way you do rebel against this evil ? How far would you go, violence? or just peaceful protest ?
These are just a few questions that need to be answered. O' by the way we will need to have some way identifying you , and what area you live in. If there is enough interest I am sure there others that would join with you to change the current Government that was put in place by a strong majority.who ether like it and want to improve on it, or tear it all down and start over. Which group do you feel closest to ? Your honest answer will be very helpful in the days, years ahead.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,975 times
NBC Meet The Press and host David Gregory are under an “active investigation” by police for brandishing the 30 round AR15 magazine on air from the DC studio. It is illegal to sell, transfer or possess the 30 round AR15 magazine in DC. Gregory, NBC & Staffers to and from whom the magazine was transferred are all being investigated by DC Metro Police Department.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Sadly you are a good example of negative thinking, and a very sour grape hate that's lasted 80 years or more. I sure would not want to be in your shoes, feeling depressed every day of your life!

no, actually I am happy most days. I just realize that I for one as a single person cannot change what the goverment is trying to do, and that is destory itself. I shall just be waiting for SHTF and when it does i wil weather it out. unlike the millions of people in the USA that will not be able to.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
NBC Meet The Press and host David Gregory are under an “active investigation” by police for brandishing the 30 round AR15 magazine on air from the DC studio. It is illegal to sell, transfer or possess the 30 round AR15 magazine in DC. Gregory, NBC & Staffers to and from whom the magazine was transferred are all being investigated by DC Metro Police Department.
Thats all a bunch of crap ! What NBC did was to inform the public using a physical aid. ( Not intended for use, used as a prop) This happens everyday. What we do need to do is get more info getting out to the public, anyway we can.. The Gun collectors will be the first ones to complain about the public, that they are misinformed. here is a chance to right a wrong. Knowledge is good for everyone, sometimes, it can even route the the bad guys if given a chance. ( Public awareness).

Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
What they did was violate the law. Even worse, they asked first and still chose to ignore a police order. Prosecute 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies