Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
That report was made yesterday on MSNBC Andria Mitchell Show... I am trying to fact check it, so far the only thing I have found ( in part why I put that into my comments as it was first hand)is from a friend of a friend who bought a Gun last week from Gander Mountain."He was told that the 1.00 donation to the NRA was "store Policy"both for ammo and the gun sale. They did not say it was optional for the buyer or not. I will keep checking for more . I plan this afternoon to stop in at Gander MTn. as I know a person who works there.

If true that, from your statement, sounds like a "store policy". Maybe it's company-wide, neither of us know. But it's just that company. I didn't see the Mitchell report you referenced so I can't comment but you made it sound like a requirement. If it's not broken out the consumer wouldn't know, and if it's company money the customer has no say. If Gander wants to cut into its margin that's its choice. I know that I've shopped at various stores where my money went to feed the owner's alcohol/weed/meth/coke habit. I didn't have any say over what they did with their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
30 YEARS ago? Oh Snap....and all of this time, judging by your writing skills, I thought you were a pimply faced 17 year old using mom's computer....

Now, having claimed to own that rifle....answer Mac's question....WITHOUT Googling it first!

Tell me the four rules of safe firearms handling?

Explain the difference between cyclic rate, real rate of fire and practical sustained rate of fire...do you EVEN KNOW how drastic those numbers dwindle?
I want to hear the story of single action rifles That's gotta be a good one LOL!

Every day I learn new lingo and gun jargon from these lefty's. I find it most amusing.

I bet this dartar knew Stoner Face to face too

For the past 30 years i had my head stuck on flintlocks, and that came long after I got bored with brass cartridge shooters... After the brass guns came cap lock guns and after those came flintlocks.

I still have a couple cap locks, but they are all 6 shooters. Single action even! LOL

I gotta hear this BS. Single action rifles, yeah

Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
Its the non law abiding ones you have to worry about.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
We all can understand where you are at with your gun freedoms thing. I am not of that persuasion, but DO understand where , on a personal basis the thinking comes from. I speak from a hobbyist point of view which in all my 71 years has been my obsession. Granted it was not in guns, but it was in something even more intense and expensive than any average gun collector/hobbyist. My life long involvement was in the old car /vintage boat hobby. We ate, slept, spent, our way through life year after year , it never stopped.. I was in very deep, emotionally just as much as many gun folks are.
I know, we did not share the same politics ( other than most old car folks were right wingers ) but we did have the same appreciation for our cars/trucks/authenticity, even in the old wooden boats, which was even more intense than the cars when it came to restoration as did a lot of gun hobbyists.
I know you must be thinking how could any "car Guy" be anywhere like us "Gun Guys", we are mostly flag wavers, all American, don't take my guns away , knowledge driven, authentically possessed and just over all proud of our guns and the accomplishments we made happen with our hands and our check book. That part remains the same, the interest and devotion to the hobby .from Politics side, we too had issues. There was always some that wanted to take away our cars, mostly in the name of pollution, safety, OSHA rules and laws that drove up our restoration costs.
So, just to let you know, there ARE others out there that understand, that share dedication, and all the social aspects that only come/go along with being around people with the same persuasion.
You gotta be chitting me. You are 71?

What do you know about classic boats or cars? I have worked on both, mainly a engine tech, with heavy antique carb experience. Lets see if you talk tech any better than you talk gun..

Metal is metal Bub.... Chances are I have forgotten more than you ever knew.

Here is a easy question... What is Dwell on a points and condenser ignition? Answer that in your own words not some copy/ paste. This is for any credibility you may have remaining.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Some of the cut in safety programs and teaching not only Gun safety has been cut because of tight fiscal budgets.mental health is one area where we need to be doing lots more. You are right, the blind no see, no hear, no look, mentality by a lot of the Gun hardcore people is blocking the way forward. The NRA is not your friend, as many gun owners have found out. The NRA makes money ( about 1.00 on the sale of every gun, same on ammo )Few people know that. There is little reason why they are for more guns and more guns.
Hog Wash

Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I have to say I've never been asked that when I've bought a gun. The State of Maryland does try to have me make a donation to one state program or another when I buy my hunting license and stamps, though.
You were never asked that because darstar is full of kimshee 6 feet deep.

I have worked under a FFL Dealer lic and the NRA gets nothing on any sales of guns or ammo...

This guy is fully baked.. Certifiable Fruit Cake.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
I wanted to reply to you days ago but didn't know what you think of as an assault weapon. Many of the rifles called by that name by gun grabbers just aren't assault weapons and I have seen Diane Feinstein's bill she wil introduce immediately after Congress reforms and I can assure you that she includes semi-automatic handguns with those she wants to abolish. Are all rifles assault weapons or just those that are semi-automatic? How about handguns? Is my son's new .45 revolver to be included? Of course, that cylinder only holds 6 of those horrible .45 caliber bullets so maybe it will have to be included. I am buying up a number of magazines for my new 9mm handgun that holds 14 rounds before they get cut to 10 rounds.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Diane Feinstein needs to be arrested for Treason.... She swore an oath to protect the CONS from both foreign and domestic enemies and she has become the enemy.

I expect local authorities to arrest her.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:02 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You gotta be chitting me. You are 71?

What do you know about classic boats or cars? I have worked on both, mainly a engine tech, with heavy antique carb experience. Lets see if you talk tech any better than you talk gun..

Metal is metal Bub.... Chances are I have forgotten more than you ever knew.

Here is a easy question... What is Dwell on a points and condenser ignition? Answer that in your own words not some copy/ paste. This is for any credibility you may have remaining.
Ever hear of a Sun Dwell machine? Do you know how they work ?I thought not. I am not sure why you hate everything I post, then try to belittle me, which is impossible if you really knew me, which proves in itself you are less informed in vintage cars,trucks, boats, all modes of transport. Bring up "The Production Packard " on Amazon .com sometime .You might learn something . Your way won't work ...but you keep trying . this time I have had enough of you and it has nothing to do with Politics ether. I would be really surprised if you have not been called out on your actions before.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Maybe its because your rants are pure fiction, yet you state them as if they are fact then whine when you get called on them, you misuse most of the terminology you use and you're dishonest when debating.

Also, your grammar and communication skills leave a lot to be desired for an adult....in other words you come off as a snotty know it all teen.

But I digress....make an honest point about this subject that you can prove, doesn't rely on conjecture or anecdotal evidence....THEN maybe we'll take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies