Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why stop at teachers, we should arm everyone at sporting events, shopping malls, restaurants, churches, movie theatres, no gun free zones period.
Teachers should have the option of arming themselves. If they don't want arms, they don't need to carry them. But if the schools are going to make themselves a gun-free zone then they need to take responsibility for the safety of everyone inside making them fair game for any lawsuit from such a tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
Every responsible american citizen, should take responsibility for their own security, and be trained and armed with what ever weapon is apropreate to the event at hand .
People that choose to be dis armed empower the wicked to do as they please.
Law enfrcment cannot, nor will ever be there, when a perp decides to take advantage of an oppurtunity.
If you wish to be disarmed, then do not whine and complain, when you are abused; you gave permission by neglect. and that's a fact .

Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Why stop at teachers, we should arm everyone at sporting events, shopping malls, restaurants, churches, movie theatres, no gun free zones period.
Abolishing the gun free zones is a good start. At least then these mentally deranged wackos will not have a huge neon sign that says "come kill us, we are unarmed and unprotected." They will have to take their chances that someone may be armed and may try to stop them. As long as there is a shred of doubt in the wacko's mind, the children are that much safer.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
No we shouldn't be arming anyone. We should be allowing anyone who wants to be armed to arm themselves. Or from the other side we shouldn't be denying anyone who wants to take responsibility for their own safety the right and means of doing so.

Believe it or not government is not the solution to every problem.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I notice anti-gun folk are truly uninformed on this topic. Unlike so much of our recent debates which deal with morals, values, ethics, rights-subjects which are abstract and so open to interpretation...firearms are well known and categorized by those in the industry and hobby. So one or more errors from anti-gunners and the resulting corrections makes them appear as improperly versed in their subject. Simply stated the more often a person is in error when describing a proposition or position the less value is placed in whatever it is their are saying.
Pretty much the left and gun grabbers are reduced to vomit and frothing at the mouth. They appear to be less than capable of learning anything they are not told is a talking point.

When this continues for more than 50 years, a point comes where they should no longer have any say. What point is there in talking to to the brain dead?

All anyone need do is research the date Popular mechanics stopped putting gun adds in their classified section in the 60's...

If you can't learn in 50 years time there is just no point.

The fact that anti's harp on hunting guns is just more proof they don't know guns, don't know what the 2nd IS, or why we have it, and or much of anything else that isn't taught in Starbucks.

Then you have the most evil, cops who think they are Elite, and assorted other gun owners who have decided what other people should not have because they are not personally interested.

I am coming to the point where I have said everything I can and may just quit, and go on with my life and the guns in it, knowing there is nothing the left gun grabbers can really do.......

It's not like they will suddenly smarten up, or care until we all call each other Comrade, and they find the govt has swindled them right out of that bowl of pablum.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
That is just it. Not all teachers would choose to be armed and it would make guess who is and who isn't impossible for a bad guy. In this way any body could be a potential threat to a would be wacko gun man...

You way just means no body is a possible threat to a would be wacko gunman.

To look at me you would never know I was armed... I am older, have long hair, have a smaller to medium build, and dress is working mans cloths typically jeans and a flannel shirt.

I sure don't look like a bad ass....

The whole point is gun free zones can't be enforced..... So what is it you think about a gun free zone will stop any bad guys? The fact that you say so?

I live in NH behind the gun free zone of Mass and NY no matter how you look at it, unless you think Canada is a good option.

If you live in Maine, NH or Vt there is no possible way out driving with out at least passing thru the Soviet republic of NY.

As it happens I have in Laws in NY and past that, and I never leave home un-armed.

I have personally been told by the Police that they are not my body guards.. I have personally lost 2 family members to a knife wielding wacho, your evil spawn, and yet you still expect me to go forth into the world un-armed?

Not very likely....

Do you have something against self defense? Do you hate school children? What is wrong with you?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Every responsible american citizen, should take responsibility for their own security, and be trained and armed with what ever weapon is apropreate to the event at hand .
People that choose to be dis armed empower the wicked to do as they please.
Law enfrcment cannot, nor will ever be there, when a perp decides to take advantage of an oppurtunity.
If you wish to be disarmed, then do not whine and complain, when you are abused; you gave permission by neglect. and that's a fact .
Not so fast, stop and think about what you have said. " everybody" ? So you are in favor of the 6 year old kids packing firepower ?... Thats insane.We can not turn our country into an armed camp where the fastest gun wins...... The way our laws are in this Country ( modern ), such a system would be so loaded with legal/lawsuts that eventually there will be Less gums than there are now... be careful what you wish for.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No we shouldn't be arming anyone. We should be allowing anyone who wants to be armed to arm themselves. Or from the other side we shouldn't be denying anyone who wants to take responsibility for their own safety the right and means of doing so.

Believe it or not government is not the solution to every problem.
I tend to think more along with this line of thinking.......

Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That is just it. Not all teachers would choose to be armed and it would make guess who is and who isn't impossible for a bad guy. In this way any body could be a potential threat to a would be wacko gun man...

You way just means no body is a possible threat to a would be wacko gunman.

To look at me you would never know I was armed... I am older, have long hair, have a smaller to medium build, and dress is working mans cloths typically jeans and a flannel shirt.

I sure don't look like a bad ass....

The whole point is gun free zones can't be enforced..... So what is it you think about a gun free zone will stop any bad guys? The fact that you say so?

I live in NH behind the gun free zone of Mass and NY no matter how you look at it, unless you think Canada is a good option.

If you live in Maine, NH or Vt there is no possible way out driving with out at least passing thru the Soviet republic of NY.

As it happens I have in Laws in NY and past that, and I never leave home un-armed.

I have personally been told by the Police that they are not my body guards.. I have personally lost 2 family members to a knife wielding wacho, your evil spawn, and yet you still expect me to go forth into the world un-armed?

Not very likely....

Do you have something against self defense? Do you hate school children? What is wrong with you?
Gun-Free zones are a classic example when you have 100% dependence on government for protection. As the adage goes, "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

Every year it is estimated that private firearm ownership have stopped between 2 and 2.5 million crimes from occurring. As long as their is even just the possibility that someone may be armed in the immediate vicinity would make any deranged wacko have second thoughts about using such a place for their "last stand."

I am not advocating that we arm all teachers. I am advocating that we stop telling these crazies exactly where to go to kill the largest number of people possible. If a teacher wants to be armed, I have no problem with that. If a teach does not want to be armed, I have no problem with that either.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
^^^ +100! Although I disagree with "Arm Everyone".....I think it should be " ALLOW every lawful, legal citizen be armed should they choose to be".

....And, of course hold everyone accountable for their actions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies