Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The U.S. Constitution disagrees with you. The right to keep and bear arms is specifically laid out in the 2nd Amendment. So yes, it is final, until and unless the 2nd Amendment is removed or modified through the appropriate channels. The only exceptions should be in cases where the exercising of that right makes an individual a danger to the rest of society, i.e. mental health issues and people who have already proven themselves to be dangerous to society, such as those convicted of aggravated felonies.
I fully understand what you are saying, but, now, you are making exceptions. Is that specifically imbedded in the second amendment? , or the first Amendment? You see once you start making any exceptions, well there comes the challenge. Considering the current climate out there I already can see interpretations coming from the people. I seriously doubt there will be actual changes to the 2nd amendment any time soon. Anythings possible I guess. We are entering some strange new water and ways this next 2 years, could be in places this country has never gone before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
Your thread title needs to be truthful. You should have put, "IN MY OPINION, no law abiding...blah, blah, blah".

God you liberals...you just make statements and act like they are facts.

Baaaa!

Sick of sheeple.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,115 times
Quote:
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
I tried very hard but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want a car that goes more than 25 mph.

25 is plenty fast for anyone. And less speeding means less highway fatalities. Also means less injuries which keeps down costs for Obamacare, So everyone wins.

And for future reference: it doesn't matter what you think someone else should own. Me owning a gun does not effect you.

Americas biggest problem is we have too many busybodies that stick their noses in other peoples business.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I tried very hard but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want a car that goes more than 25 mph.

25 is plenty fast for anyone. And less speeding means less highway fatalities. Also means less injuries which keeps down costs for Obamacare, So everyone wins.

And for future reference: it doesn't matter what you think someone else should own. Me owning a gun does not effect you.

Americas biggest problem is we have too many busybodies that stick their noses in other peoples business.
You made a bad choice for comparison . So far driving a car is a privilege . Lowering speed limits causes MORE accidents . Using the State of Michigan's policy, they are very reluctant to lower speed limits as the safest way is to move cars quickly . In some jurisdictions you are more likely to get a ticket for driving slow.
You are also wrong, "You can't think of any reason" ? Most of us can any day, as I said poor choice.
Again , you are wrong on the "me "owning a gun does not effect you "thing. If you own a gun that's locked away never been seen again, maybe, but, most gun owners are more active than that with their weapon , like hunting, that's regulated, target practice, also regulated, self defense that's regulated. So, anytime you appear in public you do run the possibility

Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times
Quote:
Funny, some of the most law-abiding citizens I know do, in fact, own assault weapons with all the fancy accessories.

It's about being an enthusiast, no different from an individual "enthuses" him/herself with building a 700 horsepower racecar to casually drive on public roadways. I mean, really, what business do they have owning a street missile like that? There is a difference in being an enthusiast of firearms and an enthusiast of mass murder.

But I can see how a lack of understanding could jade your perspective on this issue, and I was glad to help.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I thought you were all for educating the people ? Who is pressing charges against NBC , be specific ?
No one............ yet..............

However the law was broken and in the future there could be charges, after all he was denied and moved against the ruling and defied the LAW....

Now i know you think it's ok for lefties to break any laws you like to further you sick cause, but the reality is you can not. Sooner or later you may learn the letter of the law..

Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Well I guess just showing a PICTURE of a 30 mag wouldn't have been as effective, would it?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I think that failed attempt At rooting out the gun dealers was no longer being done.
I guess you never heard of Fast and Furious . That't where Obama and the BATFE were selling full auto guns to the Mexican drug cartels, and trying to place the blame on ma and pa gun stores that don't have any full auto guns to sell....

The few gun stores that do have a few full auto guns to sell at all are slim. These guns cost 15,000 bucks minimum, and have all sorts of taxes attached and can't be sold to any individuals at all period.

Clearly you are way out of your league.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^^ So, you're FOR capital punishment then since it serves the greater good!

Oh, and since gun are used to prevent more crime than are used by criminals FOR crime, private ownership also serves the greater good!......glad we could finally agree!
I fully support private ownership of firearms, but I vehemently oppose the Death Penalty. I have no problem with taking another human life in self-defense or in combat, but there is not a government on the face of this planet that I could trust with the power to kill its own citizens and not abuse it.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:37 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
^^^^^^But but it's for the greater GOOD! Just think....take out the existing criminals that commit 80-90% of the crimes and viola! 80-90% drop in crime!

No....it's easier to demonize, tax and regulate a whole segment of the population that has done no harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies