Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support an executive order to ban assault weapons? If not, would you protest the order in def
Yes, I support an executive order to ban assault weapons 68 32.54%
No, I do not support an executive order to ban assault weapons 51 24.40%
No, I do not support an executive order and will protest Obama's signature if he signs one 90 43.06%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
To those who vote no, you all have blood on your hands.

What if it was your child in Newtown?
If I had a child at newton, I would BLAME YOU for your foolish ideas of what a GUN FREE ZONE is.....

Because you didn't defend it...

I also blame YOU for the anti gun laws that killed my Father in Law and his 2nd wife. he was Army 30 years and 30 more at kodak. His wife was a lawyer working past retirement age.

You! I blame YOU for bad gun LAW you don't enforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
My answer is: No. First of all, it won't happen. But, more importantly, there is no point in just banning assault weapons.
HUH? You must have taken one nasty wack on the head. But your'e correct nothing is going to happen.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:

Thanks for joining the adults in our conversation. Now that we've taken the time to listen to what you had to say, please return to the kids' table until you grow up.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you realize locking people up for mental illness is mostly done with a purely subjective diagnosis?
It's not like there is a blood test or an X-ray to determine mental illness.
Sounds like you want to entrust the same government who seeks to control/restrict gun ownership, with the task of determining who is mentally "well"
Joe Stalin, Mao, et al. did both with reasonable success.

You really cant rail against one and endorse the other without a certain amount of hypocrisy.
I understand that..... it is a problem we need to deal with...

In 1990 all the places that did deal with were in fact shut down. I recall that vividly.

My wife was working in NY at Rochester psyc.... And all of a sudden there were lots more street peoples as homeless too...... of course crime went up, but hey we are talking about Rochester NY

never the less this is THE problem

just look at this page please
recent murders - Google Search

Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,121 times
No...and if those fools did I would expect NO LESS than full market price in return.

You aren't "taking" anything.

That's theft you MFs............

Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
To those of you so drowning in your self righteousness, to support such an act of despotism would place the blood of a nation on your hands, which you all are already doing such a fine job of now.

You now admit to embracing a dictatorship, where the constitutional republican form of representative government no longer exists, and one pathological liar seizes total power to ignore the laws of our land, and issue kingly edicts in the form of executive orders.

Not only are liberals vitriolic despots at heart, they don't possess the required "shot glass" amount of common sense and wisdom required to understand how such power has NEVER been used for benevolent purpose, but has resulted in the murder of over 200 Million human beings in just the 20th Century alone.

But this time, things would be different.
I have serious issues with any left that condemns the right for these 26, while at the very same time kill 1 million + every year to abortion butchers. I can see abortions for very limited legal reasons, but that won't add up to 1 million +

Talk about blood on a parties HANDS !

Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:

how do i have blood on my hands? i didnt do the shooting in newtown, or any other mass shooting in the country, thus i have no blood on my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What's an assault weapon, and how do you define a liberal?
an assault weapon is one that has a select fire switch that allows semi auto, three or four round burst, or full automatic fire. the M16 is an assault weapon, the AR15 is not.

and perhaps the term leftist should be used in place of liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When did the President decide to do this? I know Reagan banned carrying guns, but he was governor at the time.
fortunately obama has had the good sense not to sign an executive order to ban any kind of weapon. if he does he will harm the democrat party for years to come.

as for reagan, he didnt ban any weapons, but he did sign legislation into law that banned some weapons. he didnt sign an executive order banning weapons.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The gun nuts would probably go ape-sh*t, but I'd personally have no problem with it, even though am otherwise fine with owning firearms. So why the heck does anyone need a flippin' assault rifle anyway, except to take out a crowd of people... you know, single-handedly stage an assault? Or has Bambi started wearing Kevlar these days?
Obambi has.... What assault rifle ....... The ones Obambi sent to Mexican Drug cartells? Those guns he tried to blame on MA and PA gun shops that don't have access to full automatics? Those assault guns? The assault guns for Fast and Furious that will possibly IMPEACH the Fearless one... uh err ah err us Obambi.

Why do Mexican Drug Cartels need full auto assault rifles for? Why is Obambi doing business with the Mexican Drug Cartels?

I hope your not a shooter because you won't get close to the target.....

Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,652,730 times
No I don't support an executive order like that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-25-2012, 12:40 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
YES, ban them and make a big gun grab. That way maybe we can see some REAL fireworks kick off!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies