Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support an executive order to ban assault weapons? If not, would you protest the order in def
Yes, I support an executive order to ban assault weapons 68 32.54%
No, I do not support an executive order to ban assault weapons 51 24.40%
No, I do not support an executive order and will protest Obama's signature if he signs one 90 43.06%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
our military has taken a pledge to protect and defend this country and the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. understand however that they are, by law and the constitution, from doing exactly what you suggest. they are also allowed by military law to disobey illegal orders, and going around and grabbing the legally owned firearms of US citizens on the orders of the president, except under the right legal conditions, would be an illegal order.
And if it the National guard cocking that M2, what then ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Again, define liberal, define assault weapon.
Liberal=dim witted sycophantic type authoritarian, who's above average intelligence is a figment of their imagination, with such delusions of self grandeur only eclipsed by the dogmatic nature in which they have convinced themselves that they were born with the authority to tell everyone else how to live, eat, sleep, breathe and behave.

Assault Weapon=any firearm that is legal to own today, for which the liberal wants to make illegal tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
When has he said that he will sign an executive order banning assault weapons? +

Show me one link and sorry Stormfront or Breitfart doesn't count.
What do you think it means when he makes statements like "If congress won't act, I will" ? I think it's pretty clear what he's insinuating, and if he does, that's when the criminal will be impeached and removed from office, finally.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What do you think it means when he makes statements like "If congress won't act, I will" ? I think it's pretty clear what he's insinuating, and if he does, that's when the criminal will be impeached and removed from office, finally.
I wish.

Problem is, he's disobeyed the constitution countless times, has broken many international laws many times over, has failed to deliver on a single promise and yet the American people still have not become angry enough to do anything about it. They're all either too comfortable being asleep and taken care of or they're too afraid to speak out because others will ridicule them or call them extremists/terrorists.

If anything was going to happen, it would have years ago and would have happened under Bush. The fact that it didn't and it still isn't has made me lose all hope in the American public doing anything for themselves or others.

------------
Everyone seems to think that the taking of firearms will be the straw that broke the camels back, but I don't see it that way. The media will find some way to twist it into a "proud American" thing the same way they did with the wars while the government threatens dissent, either by false fear or violence, leaving the tough gun owners handing away their freedoms.

Maybe everyone will think I'm being too cynical, and a few years ago I would probably agree, but I've been aware long enough to see the pattern. It's not going to change until it's too late and this country goes from day to night.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Question for the Democrats/liberals here.

Do you support Obama signing an executive order to ban assault weapons, even though it means we will not have a say?

If not, will you protest the executive order in defense of your fellow American's right to have a fighting chance regardless of your stance?

I think this is an important question.

Thanks
What weapons do you need to have a "fighting chance", assault weapons may not be enough, may need some mortars, rocket launchers, 50 calibre machine guns, tanks, F15's thrown in there, wouldn't want to make it too easy on the government when they come for you.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Brazil proposed gun ban in 2005. Media reported 80% in favor. Ban was rejected by 65%.
Media does their best to sway public opinion instead of reporting it..thus they become a propaganda machine much like the US news media turned paropaganda machine for Obama.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1023-05.htm
a July poll showed almost 80% were in favor of the ban,

http://www.defencetalk.com/brazil-rejects-gun-sale-ban-in-referendum-3900/
[LEFT]65 percent voted no and 35 percent yes.

[/LEFT]

Old 12-26-2012, 08:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
When has he said that he will sign an executive order banning assault weapons? +

Show me one link and sorry Stormfront or Breitfart doesn't count.
What do you suppose he meant by this?

Obama: I Will Use ‘Whatever Power This Office Holds’ To Protect Children « CBS DC

Old 12-26-2012, 08:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The gun nuts would probably go ape-sh*t, but I'd personally have no problem with it, even though am otherwise fine with owning firearms. So why the heck does anyone need a flippin' assault rifle anyway, except to take out a crowd of people... you know, single-handedly stage an assault? Or has Bambi started wearing Kevlar these days?
This post shows the total ignorance of the subject and exactly how people's emotions are fueling this debate.

The AR-15 fires the .223 Remington cartridge. An example of a cartridge used for hunting would be a .30-06.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rifle_cartridges

Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
To those who vote no, you all have blood on your hands.

What if it was your child in Newtown?

Wow, it's time to put the boots on. It's getting deep in here. Perhaps you would be better off in staying in the land down under.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
To those who vote no, you all have blood on your hands.

What if it was your child in Newtown?
No, the shooter has blood on his hands, his mother as well. My weapons are kept in a safe and are safe at all times. If the kid was seeing a shrink and the shrink didn't act upon this delusional kid, he has blood on his hands.
So all the victims of illegals as many as 12 a day, who owns that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies