Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes. To potential kidnappers and general annoyers they are.
Guess you're right ..... the killer showed up in Newtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 02:45 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Guess you're right ..... the killer showed up in Newtown.
Did he go there to kidnap them?

We can't stop crazy, you know it and I know it. Crazy people are thankfully rare, and are not the ones we fashion the world and our lives around. Why try to equate it to the Presidents kids and their security? It's not always Obamas kids you know...somtimes it's the kids of a President you actually voted for. WHINEBITCHMOAN. Sassy comments won't help.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Obamas daughters are more important than yours and minessss......of course!
The real joke, of course, is that Sidwell Friends isn't just a school for "the elite". Among other people, comedian Baratunde Thurston also graduated from there, and his mom was basically a nobody (and his father murdered in a drug deal). You want your kids to attend? Then you can jolly well move to DC and apply for them to do so.

As others have pointed out, this is the expected result of using a useless site like Breitbart as a source.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Glad you make enough money to send yours.
The good gated school near me is only $42,000/year.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Everyone with large wads of cash, anyway.
I advise being one of those.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
The reality is that a school district such as the one in which I worked, Anchorage School District, has 100+ schools. That means 100+ security officers. Let's just say $60K each. That's $6M.

I'm all for it, but there is a budget issue.

Now think of this in terms of districts that barely can keep up-to-date textbooks. From where will that $ come?
Okay then don't spend $500m on encouraging diversity in the medical professions and there's your funding for the guards.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The Official Conservative Motto: "Whine About Meaningless BS While Ignoring Things That Actually Matter"

Just WHEN has Obama EVER stated people who can afford it shouldn't send their kids to private schools?
Why should only those children whose parents can afford to do so be protected?

Old 12-25-2012, 04:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why should only those children whose parents can afford to do so be protected?
While I hate to agree with Harrier - for those parents that DO want their children protected - for now - it seems like it would be only for the wealthy. Smacks of elitism, just a tad - IF you are one that feels your child should have an armed guard at their school.

I am now winding down my son's senior year and this does not seem as much of an issue to me.

Now that he's soon to be in college, however, ~ how in the world could you protect all those different buildings and classrooms? Impossible. But I digress.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Okay then don't spend $500m on encouraging diversity in the medical professions and there's your funding for the guards.
Intertextuality amongst threads- very advanced. Kinda like when Green Acres crossed over into the Beverly Hillbillies.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
While I hate to agree with Harrier - for those parents that DO want their children protected - for now - it seems like it would be only for the wealthy. Smacks of elitism, just a tad - IF you are one that feels your child should have an armed guard at their school.

I am now winding down my son's senior year and this does not seem as much of an issue to me.

Now that he's soon to be in college, however, ~ how in the world could you protect all those different buildings and classrooms? Impossible. But I digress.
Many colleges and universities have college police.

Campus police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sad we need them, but there ya are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies