Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What exactly is it that homosexuals keep shoving down your throat?
I think we both know the answer to that.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Your logic is so weird.
I believe a spouse of an American citizen should be allowed to live in the US permanently.
But I do not think it is a good idea to extend it to gay couples.
I find my logic perfectly sound. I also believe the spouse of an American citizen should be allowed to live in the US permanently - however, I believe that should apply whether it's the heterosexual or homosexual spouse of the American citizen.

I find your desire to discriminate against gay Americans - your desire to discriminate against me personally - disgusting and un-American.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Your logic is so weird.
I believe a spouse of an American citizen should be allowed to live in the US permanently.
But I do not think it is a good idea to extend it to gay couples.

Women usually value their fame more than men do. A woman with bad fame can hardly get married.
You cannot say the same thing to men (straight or gay).
So it's ok for straights to sponsor their Russian mail order brides and bring them here, but a gay person trying to bring over their husband of many years is a bad idea?

And you call other people's logic weird.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And consider this. I contend legalized gay marriage would decrease the number of fraudulent spousal green cards and the number of opportunities to obtain a fraudulent spousal green card. Imagine you're a Mexican who wants to find an American to sham-marry for a green card. Right now, who's more likely to agree to that: a straight person or a gay person?

I would think most straight people wouldn't even consider it - they have in their mind that they're going to someday marry their sweetheart. Now most gay people in this country can't marry their sweetheart - the law forbids it. They don't have that same deterrent. When asked, they might think: "Well, I can't marry my boyfriend anyway, and I'm kinda pissed off that the US treats me like that, so sure, why the hell not. Let's get fake married for your green card."

Let gays marry, and that temptation goes away - we'd rather not get sham married if the prospect of marrying the man or women we actually love and want to marry is ahead of us.
If it is just fake marriage, both straights and gays may want to do it. It is shameless anyway and those who want to try would not care about consequences.

And your logic is weird again. If the US government does not recognize gay marriage within the border, it certain does not give green cards to "international" gay spouses either.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So it's ok for straights to sponsor their Russian mail order brides and bring them here, but a gay person trying to bring over their husband of many years is a bad idea?

One has to stay in marriage for at least two years to get a green card.
If an American wants to marry a Russian woman, even if by means of "mail order", what's wrong?
As long as the marriage is not forced or faked.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:

Weird logic again. How do you know it is always the case of "their husband of many years"?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
One has to stay in marriage for at least two years to get a green card.
If an American wants to marry a Russian woman, even if by means of "mail order", what's wrong?
As long as the marriage is not forced or faked.
Your logic is flawed, because there is no rational reason why a mail order Russian bride would be acceptable, but a gay man's husband isn't. You're creating an arbitrary distinction for absolutely no good reason other than you don't like gay people.

It's no different than the obscene right wing hypocrisy over the "sanctity" of marriage. Gay marriage will apparently destroy the very fabric of society, and yet Rush Limbaugh and his 4 wives, or Kim Kardashian and her 72 day $10 million marriage, or Joe and Mary's drunken drive through wedding at the Little Elvis Chapel in Vegas are all perfectly legal and accepted.

It's stupid and illogical.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Weird logic again. How do you know it is always the case of "their husband of many years"?
I didn't say it was, merely that it's a possible scenario.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
If god existed and did not want people to have anal sex I think he would have done something by now. So just by the fact that god has not stepped in shows he does not exist.
"In those parts of the world where learning and science have prevailed, miracles have ceased; but in those parts of it as are barbarous and ignorant, miracles are still in vogue."

[Ethan Allen, Reason the Only Oracle of Man, pamphlet, 1784]

Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Your logic is flawed, because there is no rational reason why a mail order Russian bride would be acceptable, but a gay man's husband isn't. You're creating an arbitrary distinction for absolutely no good reason other than you don't like gay people.

It's no different than the obscene right wing hypocrisy over the "sanctity" of marriage. Gay marriage will apparently destroy the very fabric of society, and yet Rush Limbaugh and his 4 wives, or Kim Kardashian and her 72 day $10 million marriage, or Joe and Mary's drunken drive through wedding at the Little Elvis Chapel in Vegas are all perfectly legal and accepted.

It's stupid and illogical.
Do you know in many cultures the bride and the groom do not know each other at all? And their marriage is universally recognized and is often more stable than westerners'. You can't say they are not happy either, as long as they are not forced. (Parents usually make sure their children are satisfied.)

Americans who "order" a woman from Russian are usually poor, old, and not good looking. They value whoever they get, not like some other dudes who sleep around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies