Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
If it is just fake marriage, both straights and gays may want to do it. It is shameless anyway and those who want to try would not care about consequences.
I'm just saying since gays don't have the same disincentive to enter into a sham marriage that straights have, gays are more likely to enter into a sham marriage than straight people are. Take away that disincentive (i.e. allow gay people to marry the people they want), and the number of sham marriages will decrease.

That seems pretty straightforward and logical to me.

Quote:
And your logic is weird again. If the US government does not recognize gay marriage within the border, it certain does not give green cards to "international" gay spouses either.
Huh? I never said that the US gives green cards to any kind of gay couples. Again, the problem is the fact that the US Federal Government does not recognize the gay marriages of its citizens. It should (and soon will - DOMA is set to be struck down by the Supreme Court in the next few months).

Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If god existed and did not want people to have anal sex I think he would have done something by now. So just by the fact that god has not stepped in shows he does not exist.
"In those parts of the world where learning and science have prevailed, miracles have ceased; but in those parts of it as are barbarous and ignorant, miracles are still in vogue."

[Ethan Allen, Reason the Only Oracle of Man, pamphlet, 1784]
Anal sex is a major medium of AIDS?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
AIDS is God's cure for homosexuality: agree or disagree?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 AM

30,359 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
One has to stay in marriage for at least two years to get a green card.
If an American wants to marry a Russian woman, even if by means of "mail order", what's wrong?
As long as the marriage is not forced or faked.
So if one has to stay in a marriage for two years, and you don't mind as long as the marriage isn't forced or fake - what problem do you have with REAL gay couples, who are together for 2+ years also being granted green cards? You have no reason, since your arguments are going in circles with absolutely zero consistency. Basically your only "logical reason" is that you personally don't think gay couples deserve equal treatment under the law. Period.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 AM

Quote:
So is vaginal sex.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why can't he do his work in the Czech Republic?
Because he wants to do it here?

If he were in a heterosexual relationship, he'd be able to live and do his work here (as he desires)... but he can't because he is gay, and that is the ONLY reason. If your wife lived in Spain and you really really wanted to join her there, even had a job lined up - would you accept the denial of Spanish immigration rights, solely because you have a penis and she has a vagina? Doubtful.

Quote:
A young lady whom I consider my niece, and she accepts that also, lives in Slovakia, which if you know your history was once part of Chechoslovakia.

This lady, whom both of us consider each other as family members, acknolwkedges herself as a Catholic. I was once baptized as a Catholic, but no longer identify myself as one.
What does any of this have to do with anything? Hammertime's friend doesn't want to live in Europe, he wants to live and work here with his partner.

Quote:
Why do you deny our mutual point of view as being valid?

Are you that intolerant?
Why do you deny good, honest people equality? Why do you deny their relationships as valid, even if they've been together 20+ years?

Are you that intolerant? Answer: Yep.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-04-2013 at 03:53 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am considering earning a California teacher's credential, and I will choose to teach history.

I plan on ignoring SB-48.

Too bad the tyrannical California Teacher's Association won't allow me to teach in public schools without joining their union - but perhaps I can work on changing it from the inside.
You cannot work in a public school, not with that attitude - nor with the plan to blatantly ignore a piece of required curriculum. So if you really do want to pursue teaching, I would not only suggest but insist you teach in a private religious school instead. They don't even require teaching credentials (sometimes), and will likely applaud your intolerant viewpoints.

(you might also want to work on the spelling & grammar, LOL)

Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
AIDS is God's cure for homosexuality: agree or disagree?
I'm not religious. However you cannot deny the fact that gays are much more likely to be HIV+ than straight men and women.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So if one has to stay in a marriage for two years, and you don't mind as long as the marriage isn't forced or fake - what problem do you have with REAL gay couples, who are together for 2+ years also being granted green cards? You have no reason, since your arguments are going in circles with absolutely zero consistency. Basically your only "logical reason" is that you personally don't think gay couples deserve equal treatment under the law. Period.
Isn't it the whole point of the arguments here? Why do you even mention it? strange.

We recognize heterosexual marriage, so there is no legal way to deny "mail order" marriage. You seem to suggest such marriage is legally inferior. Why?

Many gays in the US are fat, ugly, old and poor too. If it is legal, they will certainly order "brides" from Latin America, Asia, Africa, you name it. Do you consider their marriage inferior?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
I'm not religious. However you cannot deny the fact that gays are much more likely to be HIV+ than straight men and women.
Actually, we can - at least if we're talking worldwide, and I don't think viruses (nor any deities) are able to distinguish one's nation of residence.

- Worldwide, more than 80 percent of all adult HIV infections have resulted from heterosexual intercourse.
- Approximately 47 percent of the 34.3 million adults living with HIV/AIDS worldwide are women.

Worldwide HIV Facts - HIV Facts - HIV Data and Statistics - AIDS Facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies