Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,149,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
When did he say anything about "practicing" or not? You said marriage is all about procreation, and he said not for him - since his wife cannot have children, no matter how much they practice. You are in the same boat, so how can you possibly say marriage is all about making babies?
Yeah, I don't get this one either. I've always assumed all those smug christians who use that argument don't have sex once the wife's pregnant, don't again until they're ready to have another child, and of course, stop once the wife's beyond child-bearing years.

Otherwise, their argument really doesn't hold water.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
FYI, waaaaaaay more heterosexuals than homosexuals practice anal sex.
Maybe in numbers, but percentage wise far more homosexuals practice anal sex. If you meet any guy in a gay bar usually the first thing he will ask is "are you a top or a bottom." There is no choice for "no anal." and if you say that, you will get weird looks at least or be called a self-loathing gay at worst. Anal sex is the defining sex act of gay couples like missionary is for straight couples. Anybody who denies this is either lying or doesn't go to gay bars.

None of this matters though. The people have spoken and most people are in favor of gay marriage. Soon there won't be a debate anymore and I look forward to that day when there might be less tension between liberals and conservatives. If you are against gay marriage you have the right to oppose it in your household and in your church, but as far as the civil government, the debate is all but settled.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Anybody who denies this is either lying or doesn't go to gay bars.
Um, how many lesbians are having anal sex? I swear y'all act like gay men are the only homosexuals that exist.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Maybe in numbers, but percentage wise far more homosexuals practice anal sex. If you meet any guy in a gay bar usually the first thing he will ask is "are you a top or a bottom." There is no choice for "no anal." and if you say that, you will get weird looks at least or be called a self-loathing gay at worst. Anal sex is the defining sex act of gay couples like missionary is for straight couples. Anybody who denies this is either lying or doesn't go to gay bars.
Maybe if you're talking about gay MEN, but homosexuals also include lesbians - and AFAIK, they don't often practice that at all.

(not all gay men do either, and I'm not even sure the percentages are all that different)

Quote:
None of this matters though. The people have spoken and most people are in favor of gay marriage. Soon there won't be a debate anymore and I look forward to that day when there might be less tension between liberals and conservatives. If you are against gay marriage you have the right to oppose it in your household and in your church, but as far as the civil government, the debate is all but settled.
Yep, and it's only a matter of time before more states approve than oppose! As for the tension between liberals and conservatives, I don't think that's going anywhere unless we become a 3+ party nation.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the same Jewish law that prevents me from selling a gun to a someone I believe may use it to murder someone (even if American law says I'm allowed to sell it to him) is the same Jewish law that prevents me from selling a wedding ring for a ---- "wedding".
So you do define your religion based upon the actions of those with whom you do commerce.

That's insanity.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Um, how many lesbians are having anal sex? I swear y'all act like gay men are the only homosexuals that exist.
Jinx, LOL. And you're totally right, the poor lesbians hardly get any air-time in the gay marriage/rights debates... I'm sure they don't mind, but it's weird how people are so focused on the MEN (especially when I'd imagine more lesbians than gay males are interested in marrying and/or raising children together).

Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I believe same-sex marriage will become legal throughout the US and the western world eventually.

Good will triumph over evil.

Love conquers all ... and that is what it is all about: Love victorious over hate, prejudice, and bigotry.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope I am boring.... A good part of my problem is i am willing to bet $$$ that gays of both sexes who 'marry' will want the feds to invest money into ssm kids by some means...

In other words with all these sex changes tax payers will need to spend on how 2 people of the same sex will get a sex change and still somehow have their own kids egg to egg or sperm to sperm..

Yeah I know you will roll your eyes but in the next 200 years you don't think it would be possible?

Not only do i think it would be possible but I believe it will be common.

But know man will never fly
Heterosexual breeders get tax credits for their children, right? And considering there are & will always be more of them than homosexuals raising children, your rage/concern is better aimed at them.

Now, what do sex changes have to do with anything? Since you're obviously not that informed about sexuality and science, I'll educate you now - gender dysmorphia is NOT part of the general homosexual orientation (it's a whole condition of its own).

Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If that makes me an anti-semite, so be it. But if you think you have the right to discriminate, you are wrong. And if that causes you to reassess your ridiculous, discriminatory belief system, even better.
no it causes me to hate gays and their supporters and causes me to be even more anti left then I would normally be.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Same-sex "marriage" isn't legal in most states either. But that can be changed, can't it? If that can be changed, why can't we drop informed consent?
Because such a concept will NEVER receive the amount of support marriage between consenting adults (of any gender/s) has and will. Period.

Your slippery slope makes about as much sense as "Since the max speed limit was changed from 55mph to 70mph, why won't it eventually be 115mph?" Answer: because every society draws a line somewhere, otherwise we'd be legally allowed to murder, rape & steal by now. Speaking of which, what you're proposing IS legal rape - and society has already gone from legal to illegal on that, so I highly doubt we'll see that reversed in our lifetimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies