Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
no Orthodox Jew can sell a wedding ring for a "wedding" between to members of the same sex. they want to kick Orthodox Jews out of the diamond industry or force them to violate their religion.
If they're a public accommodation, they have to do business with the public. Discrimination is illegal.

If that means that Orthodox Jew's have to go out of business, so be it. Shove your discrimination where the sun doesn't shine.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
How so?
because no Orthodox Jews is able to help a gay wedding take place in anyway including renting a hall or selling a ring. THis law thus Forces all Orthodox Jews out of those business. Thus what the law is really saying is only non religious people are allowed to own businesses that are involved at any lever with marriage. This is clearly a anti Semitic law.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
How exactly does two people who want to get married have anything at all to do with you, whether they're gay or straight?
I'm not allowed to help a sin take place. gay marriage is a a sin. If I have a wedding hall I am thus forbidden to rent it for a gay "wedding". but gay bigots use gay "rights" laws to force me to violate my Judaism or close down my livelihood.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You define your religion by the actions of those with whom you conduct commerce?
the same Jewish law that prevents me from selling a gun to a someone I believe may use it to murder someone (even if American law says I'm allowed to sell it to him) is the same Jewish law that prevents me from selling a wedding ring for a ---- "wedding".

Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If they're a public accommodation, they have to do business with the public. Discrimination is illegal.
right Discrimination should be illegal so the government shouldn't Discriminate against religious people for following their religion.

gladd you admit your an anti semite
Quote:
If that means that Orthodox Jew's have to go out of business, so be it. Shove your discrimination where the sun doesn't shine.
you are the one who's in favor of discrimination against jews.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
gladd you admit your an anti semite
If that makes me an anti-semite, so be it. But if you think you have the right to discriminate, you are wrong. And if that causes you to reassess your ridiculous, discriminatory belief system, even better.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
good so your now bigoted against more then just Jews. That makes you a bigger bigot not a smaller one.

were the communist not anti semetic when they sent Jews to the gulags for following Judaism because they also sent Christians?
What?

I believe that all business owners should follow the law. How is that bigoted?

You still haven't shown me one of my posts proving that I'm an anti Semite as you have repeatedly called me.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
That...has nothing to do with my post whatsoever. Why are you bringing up something completely irrelevant to this topic?
He brings up that subject in EVERY gay-related debate, since he once way back when got somebody to admit that was "wrong." Not that it has anything to do with modern US laws or common decency whatsoever, it's just the only thin straw he has to hang on to - and I still don't understand the point, or why that was such a "gotcha" moment for him. But apparently it made him very proud, since he hasn't shut up about it ever since! True sign of somebody who's losing the fight, when they use the same argument over & over & over again (even when it's irrelevant).

Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
So you don't 'practice'?

I am married too, and we were both 'fixed' before we met, each coming out of other bad marriage, but we 'practice'.
When did he say anything about "practicing" or not? You said marriage is all about procreation, and he said not for him - since his wife cannot have children, no matter how much they practice. You are in the same boat, so how can you possibly say marriage is all about making babies?

Quote:
I don't buy the male to male or female to female bit at all...

Just don't. We don't get anal either..... ewwwwwwwww
What do you mean "I don't buy (it)?" Are you saying they don't actually have sex with each other, and have just been faking us out since the beginning of time? That makes no sense whatsoever, and still has zero to do with your original point about marriage = procreation.

And just because you don't "get" something, that is no reason to deny them equal rights to you. I don't get lots of things, like the orgasms people get out of shooting guns - but I still support their/your right to own one, if that gets your blood flowing. FYI, waaaaaaay more heterosexuals than homosexuals practice anal sex.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,149,892 times
Quote:
no Orthodox Jew can sell a wedding ring for a "wedding" between to members of the same sex. they want to kick Orthodox Jews out of the diamond industry or force them to violate their religion.
But they're happy to sell diamonds to all the other sinners? Why isn't that also a violation of their religion?

I don't know the Jewish (orthodox or not) religious texts ... but I am seriously interested ... can you point us to the wording of what makes selling a diamond to a same-sex couple, specifically, a violation of their religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies