Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Procreation IS what marriage is about right?
Nope. For the over-50's it all about having that piece of paper that says they can have a lot of wild sex with full rights of survivorship if one of them dies in the marriage bed (or on the kitchen table) with a REALLY big smile on their face.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Stroke out?
Would it be wrong to hope for that?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Tell that to the churches in my state that ARE performing legal same sex weddings.
He can also tell that to my (former) lesbian Rabbi, who is happily married and raising two children with her wife.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Nope. I'm married, absolutely adore my wife, and want nothing to do with children. She is surgically fixed, which was done before our nuptials.
So you don't 'practice'?

I am married too, and we were both 'fixed' before we met, each coming out of other bad marriage, but we 'practice'. I don't buy the male to male or female to female bit at all....

Just don't. We don't get anal either..... ewwwwwwwww

Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
So you don't 'practice'?
Of course. And, frequently, by mutual consent, with other people. While I am straight, my wife is bi. That leads to some good times.

You may not get that either, but that's okay, to each their own.

Bill and Ted or Sally and Marry getting hitched does not affect you in any way.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Would it be wrong to hope for that?
Let me think about that........

Yeah, it would.

Maybe a better punishment would be for the OP to find out that one or more of his own children are gay.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,306 times
I'm not so sure I see same-sex marriage as an issue of equality. I just see marriage as something the state has no business getting involved with in the first place.

Is marriage recognized by gov't to promote a stable society. If so, then given the divorce rate for marriage as we all know it, society is on some very wobbly legs. Is it for the promotion of procreation? If so, then I couldn't care less about that. This world is overpopulated with bio-engineering mistakes: i.e disease, disorder, and dysfunction. Furthermore, in a world in which people imagine that they have "evolved" there sure is a whole lot of thought disorder. So I totally disapprove of the gov't promoting marriage via tax policy and other social policies. If people want to think that they are married under their Gods, then let marriage be a religious institution only. The state needs to get out of people's business. Maybe people would actually stay together if they did not feel yolked by the bonds instituted by gov't. And furthermore, everyone needs to mind their own business and stop trying to be their God's foot soldiers on earth and fearing that if they don't fight "evil" then they will be smacked down by their Gods and be punished. How fearful and selfish...terrorizing and mistreating gays and others to save your own skin from an entity that must be weak and cruel.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
I don't know why you would consider marriage a privilege or defend any other than your own.

But i think marriage should be reserved for people who can reproduce naturally. In others words 1 man and 1 woman period.

Other wise people will marry their dammed pets.
Seriously? How will people marry their pets? An animal like a cat, fish, dog, or snake can't give consent or sign a legal contract. Why do you obsess over this so much?

Quote:
I don't believe SSM should be able to have kids any other way than mating. It might be a problem but that should just be their problem not everybody else's.

Now if 2 males and or 2 females can marry and have their own natural born I am good with it.

I bet this won't be very popular.
It's not popular because it's stupid. Since when was having a child a requirement for marriage? What about those married couples who are infertile or refuse to have kids? Should their marriage be dissolved because you have a problem with it?

Sorry, but the definition of marriage is changing whether you like it or not. Just get used to it.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Procreation IS what marriage is about right?
No it is not. Where did you get this crazy idea in your head that it ever was all about that?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Maybe a better punishment would be for the OP to find out that one or more of his own children are gay.
I actually like that better. Though I hope he would do the right thing, I have my doubts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies