Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Of course. And, frequently, by mutual consent, with other people. While I am straight, my wife is bi. That leads to some good times.

You may not get that either, but that's okay, to each their own.

Bill and Ted or Sally and Marry getting hitched does not affect you in any way.
Nope i don't get that.... I am 61..... my wife is 50 we are old school.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope i don't get that.... I am 61..... my wife is 50 we are old school.
And, so long as you don't try to criminalize our fun, I promise not to try to force you to join us!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
I actually like that better. Though I hope he would do the right thing, I have my doubts.
Actually, "punishment" was a poor choice of a word on my part; karma would be much more appropriate.

I just don't want anyone to think that I think that having a gay child is punishment for anything.

Although it is obvious that the OP would think having a gay child would be really, really bad.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
And, so long as you don't try to criminalize our fun, I promise not to try to force you to join us!
So long as your fun doesn't add to the tax burden i don't really care....

But it all stops at tax funding for things like AIDs and HIV... You get that you just die in peace. Not federal funding.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
So long as your fun doesn't add to the tax burden i don't really care....

But it all stops at tax funding for things like AIDs and HIV... You get that you just die in peace. Not federal funding.
You don't get to decide anything like that.

You'd do you well to remember that.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Dude - the only thing Same Sex couples want are the rights, liberties, and freedoms every other Americans get to enjoy. They want the right to be married by changing the definition of the term "marriage" within the United States. If the informed consent requirement is tossed then by your logic, I can say that you and I are married and there would be nothing you can do about it...I mean that's what you're arguing is it not?
Some of your buddies around here, in an eager attempt to prove that same-sex "marriage" is an ancient practice, used to trot out the example of the emperor Nero's "marriage" to a male member of his household staff. Trouble is, Nero's male "spouse" was not only a child, but also a slave who had zero say in the matter. No informed consent there!

A quick Google search turned up this page which uses the Nero example:

"In addition, Roman culture is full of examples of same-sex marriage. For instance, Emperor Nero was married to one of his male slaves in a public ceremony."

The page was written by marriage attorneys - highly educated folk. The best educated apologists for same-sex "marriage" have already dispensed with the informed consent requirement.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You're all about changing those requirements to suit your fancy.
And you are all about telling people you don't even know, who aren't members of your religion and do not want to be, how they should live to suit you and your beliefs.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Marry all the time? Seriously? Also, I'm heterosexual - why must you make an assumption that just isn't true?

Okay, can you not read? How can a person of legal age, sound mind, and of willful consent marry an animal who can't meet any of those categories let alone sign a legal, binding contract?

This slippery slope BS *never* works, so why are you bringing it up? Same Sex Marriage and Heterosexual Marriage is the marriage between TWO HUMAN BEINGS.

Stop obsessing about bestiality and marriage with animals. Unless of course you have deep, dark fantasies you wish to tell us about?
Nope I am boring.... A good part of my problem is i am willing to bet $$$ that gays of both sexes who 'marry' will want the feds to invest money into ssm kids by some means...

In other words with all these sex changes tax payers will need to spend on how 2 people of the same sex will get a sex change and still somehow have their own kids egg to egg or sperm to sperm..

Yeah I know you will roll your eyes but in the next 200 years you don't think it would be possible?

Not only do i think it would be possible but I believe it will be common.

But know man will never fly

Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You don't get to decide anything like that.

You'd do you well to remember that.
Who says?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Who says?
US Constitution, Bill of Rights, Congress, Supreme Court, POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies