Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wouldn't say it was nothing, I would say it is more of a parasite at that early of a stage with the chance of one day becoming a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Parasite?

Humans make humans - not parasites.
No wonder abortion is not a big deal for some. The people inside aren't even people - they are parasites, which sounds like a tick or some other blood sucking insect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Parasite?

Humans make humans - not parasites.
Yes they do once that human reaches the outside world, while inside the mother the growing fetus is basically just a parasite feeding off the mother.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Then there's this from the Wiki page.

The organization promoted the founding of birth control clinics, primarily for the Black and Latino population, and encouraged women to control their own fertility.

Which is another problem I have with that group.
So.......if PP was "caucasian only", that would make you happy?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
No wonder abortion is not a big deal for some. The people inside aren't even people - they are parasites, which sounds like a tick or some other blood sucking insect.
At the first stage of pregnancy yes, as they grow they become more and more human. In the end, it is the woman's right to decide if she wishes to have this thing growing inside her.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
They also provide birth control services.....which prevent many abortions.....ever think of that?

Using birth control and yes, aborting, is indeed planning when to become a parent.

Ya know.....like waiting until you have the means to actually care for a child properly.....without relying on taxpayers to do it for you.
Yes - I know of the birth control. I read their report already.

Aborting is planning when to become a parent. I guess I see it as one (or two) hitting the abort (pun intended) button after they do what's necessary to become parents, and figure out after the fact that they are not ready.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Yes - I know of the birth control. I read their report already.

Aborting is planning when to become a parent. I guess I see it as one (or two) hitting the abort (pun intended) button after they do what's necessary to become parents, and figure out after the fact that they are not ready.
Most people don't go into sex thinking that they will become a parent from it. We are one of the few species that has sex for enjoyment, not just procreation.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yes they do once that human reaches the outside world, while inside the mother the growing fetus is basically just a parasite feeding off the mother.
You make it sound like a tick or some or blood sucking insect.

Functionally speaking, I understand. Not going to argue the point. It just helps me understand some perspective on why the life inside is not a big deal.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So.......if PP was "caucasian only", that would make you happy?
I said I wasn't going there - and I'm not.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

That's one of the reasons why I purposely donate in posters names for abortion services at PP.
Some multiple times, I hope.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Most people don't go into sex thinking that they will become a parent from it. We are one of the few species that has sex for enjoyment, not just procreation.
I bet most species enjoy sexual interaction.

Stupid thinking if people think fertilization won't happen from sexual activity.

So since we going back and forth on this - why should my tax dollars be paid for stupid thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies