Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Once again, faux poutrage.
Try reading the thread.
PP doesn't use tax dollars for abortion.
People like me donate to pay for those services.

Don't your wars kill more people.

Another right to lifer - until birth.
Your post tells me you are not an American since you claim"your wars" whether you agreed or disagreed if you are an American it is all of our wars, unless you wan to claim the soldiers in that war are not your soldiers.
So just like a left wing nut job kill the babies and do not give a darn about their lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh no, healthcare for every american sounds so horrid.
Every american except the unborn who we kill

Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Actually if you look at states that are better educated when it comes to sex tends to have a lower teenage birth rate and lower sexually transmitted disease, so yes, I would say education works.

Also there is not connection to the more you fund something the less careful people are.
They found that in Norway, too.
There was a drastic reduction of abortion services when there was a greater emphasis on education and prevention.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Yes, that would be what it is if you were pregnant and going their to have an abortion. But that isn't everything they do, you can also go their to get birth control and condoms to help with making the time when someone gets pregnant more planned.

Also they focus on testing for STDs and providing treatment, cancer screening and treatment, as well as other women's health services.
Here we go. Just as I thought, PP's main function is still birth control pills and condoms. I was also just reminded that my niece had her pregnancy confirmed at PP. She was sent home with a pic, vitamins and info on choosing a high risk OGBYN (she just had her twins). With all due respect, some of you folks don't know what the heck you are talking about.

PS - I was trying to quote the chart on post 130, it didn't come through, but you can see it there. 35% contraception.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Some multiple times, I hope.
How could I not?
It's a challenge because I have to write them and send a check.
They don't have a write in for selecting abortion services or screen names.
I asked them to change their options.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They found that in Norway, too.
There was a drastic reduction of abortion services when there was a greater emphasis on education and prevention.
I 100% agree, I think we do a poor job in this country educating and preventing. Often times we let religion get in the way of that.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Here we go. Just as I thought, PP's main function is still birth control pills and condoms. I was also just reminded that my niece had her pregnancy confirmed at PP. She was sent home with a pic, vitamins and info on choosing a high risk OGBYN (she just had her twins). With all due respect, some of you folks don't know what the heck you are talking about.

PS - I was trying to quote the chart on post 130, it didn't come through, but you can see it there. 35% contraception.
I once gave a friend a ride to PP for a check up to make sure something she had wasn't cancerous and she had no healthcare because she had a small start up business and couldn't afford health insurance due to a pre-existing condition she had which make healthcare too expensive for her. It turned out to be nothing but still, thankfully there are things like PP.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Should be the same for funding. If I don't want to pay for an abortion, I (or anyone else who doesn't want to) shouldn't have to. Simple! Use my money as I see fit.

What's wrong with private funding? If you support abortion - feel free to donate.

LOL you really think you get to pick where your tax dollars go? get real. lots of folks don't support the wars we engage in, many folks don't have kids or the kids are past school age and still have to support the schools.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You should read the small print. PP estimates seeing 3 million, not 11 million people. The 11 million refers to what PP calls a 'service,' anything from a pregnancy test, to treatment of acne, to an abortion.
I'm supposing English isn't your first language and that you didn't score well on the English comprehension exam.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM

488 posts, read 412,915 times
So 334,000 abortion services that factor about 3-4% of yearly health services provided. I do believe the stats are contrived to keep the pie chart less obvious, but meh.

On to more pressing concerns: who would care for those 334,000 children and at what cost, personal & financial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies