Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times

Advertisements

This is the PP in DC where Christendom College goes to pray once a month. I've been there, as some of you know, and it is a beautiful, and peaceful, thing.

Abortion is wrong; if PP only did one abortion, they would still not be worth supporting. One abortion is wrong. But PP does preform many, many abortions. That makes them very very wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

This is the PP in DC where Christendom College goes to pray once a month. I've been there, as some of you know, and it is a beautiful, and peaceful, thing.

Abortion is wrong; if PP only did one abortion, they would still not be worth supporting. One abortion is wrong. But PP does preform many, many abortions. That makes them very very wrong.
Correction, Abortion is wrong for you, I disagree with you and think that abortion is in individual choice that society doesn't have any right to make that choice for any individual.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post

On to more pressing concerns: who would care for those 334,000 children and at what cost, personal & financial?
That is the question, Grasshopper.

The anti-choice crowd doesn't want abortion to be available at all, let alone have any of their tax dollars go to help fund it, but they sure as hell don't want to help financially support the resulting offspring if abortion is made illegal (which it won't be).

They love the fetus but they hate the child, as evidenced by all the whining about social programs like Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, subsidized school meals, etc..........

Last edited by Cinebar; 01-08-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
That is the question, Grasshopper.

The anti-choice crowd doesn't want abortion to be available at all, let alone have any of their tax dollars go to help fund it, but they sure as hell don't want to help financially support the resulting offspring if abortion is made illegal (which it won't be).

They love the fetus but the hate the child, as evidenced by all the whining about social programs like Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, subsidized school meals, etc..........
So true, I always laugh at this because it is the basics of hypocrisy and the Anti-Choice crowd wears it like a badge of honor.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:

Oh, yes....I remember you bragging about how you and your friends harassed women trying to get into that P.P. office - most, if not all of them, just trying to get breast exams, paps, and other basic services that have nothing to do with abortion (not that they should be harassed for that, either).

From what I remember about your description of what takes place when that group is there, I'm pretty sure those women trying to enter that building don't see it as beautiful NOR peaceful.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Oh, yes....I remember you bragging about how you and your friends harassed women trying to get into that P.P. office - most, if not all of them, just trying to get breast exams, paps, and other basic services that have nothing to do with abortion (not that they should be harassed for that, either).

From what I remember about your description of what takes place when that group is there, I'm pretty sure those women trying to enter that building don't see it as beautiful NOR peaceful.
I know I would have seen it as an intrusion when I went to PP many years ago. But I don't even know if that PP did abortions; I was there for a pelvic.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Correction, Abortion is wrong for you, I disagree with you and think that abortion is in individual choice that society doesn't have any right to make that choice for any individual.
Fine, disagree with me. I don't care. So society has the right to make something legal, but not to make something illegal? How is that logical?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
They don't even "love the fetus"...they actually "disapprove of the woman and don't want her playing without paying" OR think they are "standing up for god" who really does not need them in any way shape or form.

I suspect more than a few are also lashing out at the supressive lifestyle they themselves have been forced to live.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Oh Cinebar, I've missed our wonderful little arguments. Glad to see your still here.

Bragging, huh? Well if that's what you wanna call it, go for it. But my "little friends" and I have every right to be there, just like the keepers of that PP have the right to plant the thorniest rose bushes they could find and put down the most coarse mulch they could buy. We don't harass the women, two of us try to talk to them and if they are ignored they back off, the rest of us just pray; We don't bother them and everyone else bothers us. C'est la vie! Can't wait to go there at the end of this year.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Fine, disagree with me. I don't care. So society has the right to make something legal, but not to make something illegal? How is that logical?
seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies