Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is in chart form to make it easier for you to understand cause we both know you aren't going to actually read anything.
Before you get snide and think you're actually intelligent, you may want to look at your chart more closely.

For total expenses, 2010, 68% were for medical expenses for which just about all were for abortion. PP offers other procedures, none of which even come close to how much a single abortion costs. The majority of PP money goes towards abortions. Cut and dry as your link shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
And you have yet to back up that claim, I am actually curious how many newborns get adopted compared to the ones that don't.

Well seeing that a fetus hasn't experienced any bit of outside life, I don't think it notices the not getting the chance, and in the end of the day, it is still a woman's choice if she wants to have her own fetus growing inside her body, that is never going to be your choice or the government's choice.
What are the Chances of a Newborn Baby Being Adopted? | Adoption Under One Roof
The short answer is that newborn babies do not have to wait for an adoptive home. There are multiple hopeful adoptive families waiting to adopt each newborn baby that becomes available for adoption.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Before you get snide and think you're actually intelligent, you may want to look at your chart more closely.

For total expenses, 2010, 68% were for medical expenses for which just about all were for abortion. PP offers other procedures, none of which even come close to how much a single abortion costs. The majority of PP money goes towards abortions. Cut and dry as your link shows.
Yes, I will agree that majority of that 68% goes to abortions because it is one of their medical services they provide and everyone knows medical expenses are always going to be much more expensive than handing out contraceptions, yet they give out contraceptions to 3.7million people to prevent them from needing an abortion later. So while one costs more, which one do you think they do more of by that chart?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you know that's how PP does business?
Please provide some proof, your conjecture and opinions don't equal facts.
I know that's how PP does business because they publish an annual report, and unlike you, I've looked at it.

"A service is a discrete clinical transaction, such as the administration of a Physical exam or STI test or the provision of a birth control method."

It describes different family medical services such as treatment of acne and diarrhea.

Again, if one woman goes to PP for a physical exam one week, birth control pills 2-weeks later, a pregnancy test 6-weeks later, an abortion 7-weeks later, and a post-op exam 3-days later, you can count her as 5 'people' if you want. You can also count each of those visits as an equal 'one service.'

If you donate $5 million to PP in my name and they do a few hundred thousand more abortions next year, ok by me.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, I will agree that majority of that 68% goes to abortions because it is one of their medical services they provide and everyone knows medical expenses are always going to be much more expensive than handing out contraceptions, yet they give out contraceptions to 3.7million people to prevent them from needing an abortion later. So while one costs more, which one do you think they do more of by that chart?
So handing out a condom, or a birth control pill counts as one abortion?

Handing out contraception takes relatively little time to perform. Time = money. If most of their money is spent on abortion, that's where more of their effort and time goes.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
So handing out a condom, or a birth control pill counts as one abortion?

Handing out contraception takes relatively little time to perform. Time = money. If most of their money is spent on abortion, that's where more of their effort and time goes.
FYI....performing an abortion takes relatively little time.

If you are going on time=money. Then 15 minutes spent placing an IUD=15 minutes performing an abortion......or 15 minutes spent counseling a client on available BC methods.....or 15 minutes counseling a client on adoption choices.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
FYI....performing an abortion takes relatively little time.

If you are going on time=money. Then 15 minutes spent placing an IUD=15 minutes performing an abortion......or 15 minutes spent counseling a client on available BC methods.....or 15 minutes counseling a client on adoption choices.
FYI, it doe take up more than 15 minutes. Even the simplest abortions take about half a day to preform. The abortions where the woman is given a pill, and then basically menstruates out the fetus (the simplest of all abortions, done very early on) requires for her to be monitored both during and slightly after the process. It's around half a day in a PP.

It's amazing to me even as a woman advocating for abortion you don't know the slightest bit about it.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 PM

569 posts, read 671,795 times
Quote:
FYI, it doe take up more than 15 minutes. Even the simplest abortions take about half a day to preform. The abortions where the woman is given a pill, and then basically menstruates out the fetus (the simplest of all abortions, done very early on) requires for her to be monitored both during and slightly after the process. It's around half a day in a PP.

It's amazing to me even as a woman advocating for abortion you don't know the slightest bit about it.
A regular abortion, not the morning after pill, takes minutes.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,093 times
What's the issue? I used to go to PP for years for annual exams and birth control.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, "freaks."

No, you aren't "just praying;" you've admitted that you try to talk to them. That's harassment and I don't believe for one minute that you just "back off" graciously when they refuse to talk to you.

Whatever those women are doing at that P.P. office is none of your business. I am so glad that the people of my state are apparently so much more civilized than in some other parts of the country, because except for the occasional two or three protestors I see there (on very, very rare occasions), women can enter my local office relatively unscathed and without being harassed by self-righteous freaks.
Again, very mature.

I really don't care what you believe, and I apologize if I have don't anything to make you think the opposite.

Good for you.
Quote:
I never said that, and you know it, I am just saying you Anti-Choice supporters are becoming the minority. I know you are young, but you will learn.
I didn't say that's what you said, but that is what is implied every time a pro-choicer makes that argument. I'm trying to figure out how that's logical. No one seems to have an answer.
Quote:
Oh see you are confused, I and almost everyone in here is Pro-Life, we also just happen to be Pro-Choice too.
You can't be both. It's illogical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Those prayers do nothing except make you sanctimonious turds think you are relevant.

You should all be focussing on your imaginary god who statistically is the THE BIGGEST ABORTIONIST overriding the free will of folk that actually want children. Yeah I know, he gets a convenient free pass.
Wow. The maturity level of this forum is mind-blowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It was less of a question than my amazement at your lack of critical thinking.
"Lack of critical thinking"? How come not a single person has given me a good answer? Because, while anyone who reads the question is criticizing my "critical thinking", they appear to lack any themselves. Again I ask, how is it that the government can tell you what you can do with "your body" but not what you can't do with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ah yes, harrassment of women.
Abortion is legal in the US; why not move to the middle east where there is no separation of church and state.
This is one of the reasons why I want churches to be taxed, hopefully into non-existence.

Try to talk to them? Harrass them, you mean.
I'd probably slap you silly.

https://familycouncil.org/?p=4109

Interesting how you only harrass people at Planned Parenthood.
Caching, another $50 in your name. You're expensive, but worth it.
And I'd sue you for assault (which trumps harassment's ass in court btw).

Seriously? We're in a recession, don't you think you should use that money for something better?
Like this for example:
Ukraine's secret shame: Orphanages full of 88,000 forgotten children abandoned by their parents for being DISABLED | Mail Online

https://npo.justgive.org/nonprofits/...ein=26-0734037

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Since you feel so strongly about it, I do hope you are going to devote your life to something more than praying. I assume you are going to adopt as many unwanted children as you can. I assume you are going to spend 24/7 helping all those little ones in pain and those with severe developmental delays, both financially and emotionally of course. If you have any time left over, I do hope that you take meals and gifts to the NICU floors at you local hospital. And since you hate PP so much, I'm sure you will be starting women's clinics to provide just birth control pills (you know to take up the slack). It's a big job, but I'm sure you and your friends can handle it. Right?
That's the plan actually. I want to adopt as many children as I can (some babies some teens, especially the children that need help as far as disabilities/behavioral problems).

Your criticism just makes you look like an idiot because the students at Christendom go to homeless shelters, and orphanages to help people. No to mention their mission trips to Hatti and Banica. They may no be adopting children there but they are helping build homes and schools for them and feeding them. I plan to be very involved in these things.
Quote:
That poster doesn't believe in birth control.
Not for myself, but if someone else wants to use it, I think it's a great alternative.
Quote:
Actually, I think she believes in the rhythm method.......or something.
For myself. I don't expect anyone else to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wow. Your fact-filled response sure gives me a lot to think about.
Yea, chielgirl is famous for her tantalizing responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This should bother you.

Your god is not happy with you making a spectacle of yourselves.....cheapening the act of prayer.

He wants you to pray in private......but then....that would make it kinda hard for you to harrass those innocent women, wouldn't it?
I can play this game too. But fyi, my religion is not a bible beaters religion; Catholicism is based on tradition and dogma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+17%3A1-26&version=ESV"
John 17:1-26[/url]]
When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. ...
Jesus praying in public himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Thessalonians+5%3A17&version=ESV"
1 Thessalonians 5:17[/url]]
Pray without ceasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+4%3A31&version=ESV"
Acts 4:31 [/url]]And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Let us know when you start adopting 13-year old kids with emotional/drug/medical problems out of the foster care system.
I will.

I think I've covered everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies