Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I have my personal experience to go off on. I did once go to a PP for a STD check and it cost me ~50$, I went several other times to clinics and the most I paid at those were ~15, in fact I remember not paying at all. PP is just a front for abortion, they offer other services so they can launder money towards abortion.

I rather have my tax money go towards welfare feeding innocent kids than killing them.
Yet that is a tiny percentage of what they actually do. I think I will stick to facts over your personal opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
I have my personal experience to go off on. I did once go to a PP for a STD check and it cost me ~50$, I went several other times to clinics and the most I paid at those were ~15, in fact I remember not paying at all. PP is just a front for abortion, they offer other services so they can launder money towards abortion.

I rather have my tax money go towards welfare feeding innocent kids than killing them.
Hmmm.....doesn't sound like you are very fond of practicing safe sex. In fact, doesn't sound like you know your sexual partners very well. Wonder if any of them would have aborted if you had made them pregnant.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like you.......if there weren't......quite a few abortions could be avoided.

BTW.....I just don't believe you wouldn't have a problem with your taxes being raised if abortion were ever banned. Ya know, paying the price for other's sexual exploits and all. LOL

Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet that is a tiny percentage of what they actually do. I think I will stick to facts over your personal opinions.
No it's not a tiny fraction of what they do. It's basically all they do. If they're not doing the actual aborting, they're confirming the pregnancy, and counseling the woman on actually doing the abortion. The other services they provide is giving out contraception which can be gotten many other places. I knew a girl who despite being from a rich family, would go to PP for her birth control pills because they allowed her to claim as needy and not file on her father's insurance. Then there are those STD tests I'm talking about which are expensive and most people don't use PP for. If the government wants to be in the business of providing cheap contraception and STD tests, PP has failed them big time and they can switch to other vendors for those.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BTW.....I just don't believe you wouldn't have a problem with your taxes being raised if abortion were ever banned. Ya know, paying the price for other's sexual exploits and all. LOL
I don't know if there necessarily would be a raise, but if there was a raise I'd be 100% ok with it. Our biggest expenses are all these foreign wars and pork spending whereas welfare of the citizens make up a tiny portion of the budget. And however you feel about giving welfare to an adult who may or may not be irresponsible, you should always feel good about giving welfare to a kid.

This didn't happen in this country, but when I was back in Chechnya, I was visiting the graves of some the men in my family who died during the wars. We brought some stale old bread, cakes and other items to place on the grave (a pagan tradition still practiced despite Islam where it's believed the dead will come back and eat-no one really believes it though) and despite the freezing conditions two young kids were eyeing the moldy bread, they probably chose to live in the graveyard because this tradition kept them fed. They had no mother, no father. Probably killed in the war. And after we were done, they asked if they could take the food. We said yes. So the tradition didn't get very far but I don't want to live in a country where kids starve. Especially in a wealthy country like America, there is no excuse for kids starving. I'm fine with my tax dollars going there, I'm not fine with my tax dollars going to some woman who wants to abort her kids.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol. That poster is here to stir the pot. (His mother called. She wants her basement back.)

Though I'm thinking a donation to Planned Parenthood in honor of his participation in this thread might be appropriate.
Great idea.
Ca-ching!
If you're so inclined, you can earmark the donation for abortion services.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What has that got to do with Planned Parenthood in 2012?
When you have nothing else, you do what you do.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Great idea.
Ca-ching!
If you're so inclined, you can earmark the donation for abortion services.
Just post up the receipts right here. You know what they say about fools and their money

Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
No it's not a tiny fraction of what they do. It's basically all they do. If they're not doing the actual aborting, they're confirming the pregnancy, and counseling the woman on actually doing the abortion. The other services they provide is giving out contraception which can be gotten many other places. I knew a girl who despite being from a rich family, would go to PP for her birth control pills because they allowed her to claim as needy and not file on her father's insurance. Then there are those STD tests I'm talking about which are expensive and most people don't use PP for. If the government wants to be in the business of providing cheap contraception and STD tests, PP has failed them big time and they can switch to other vendors for those.
Yeah your post is false with nothing to back it up. I will stick to the facts over your personal opinions.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Just post up the receipts right here. You know what they say about fools and their money
Do you say that to everyone who donated money to groups they support? It is clear you have a personal hatred for PP that goes beyond what you have said in any of your post and i think that hatred is clouding your judgement.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 AM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
3rd world american taliban, judgmental, misogynistic thinking, thankfully most of america is pro choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies