Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 AM

990 posts, read 939,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
In your twisted mind I'm sure it does. Like I said most don't care one way or the other. You want to legalize it then do something about it instead of whining and crying that it's not legal. I never see anybody doing anything about it.
So the State of California didn't legalize for medicinal use and then get attacked by the Federal Government for doing so?

So the people of California didn't put a proposition (Proposition 19) on the ballot to legalize for personal use in 2010 which would have passed if not for the campaigns of illegal drug producers who fought for it to remain illegal to maintain their black market tax-free revenue stream? Then a bunch of stupid people voted NO to ensure that the state would continue to have a massive black market and continue to funnel money to the murderous drug cartels. Legalization would not only cut expenses (the War on Drugs costs about $100,000,000,000 a year) it would also increase tax revenues and add tax-paying jobs. Anyone who does not support legalized marijuana has serious mental defects.

Last edited by ThinkBeforeYouVote; 01-23-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
Because they want everyone to have the same stupid bible values they do. They fail to realize that the Jew priests used psychedelic mushrooms in their religious traditions.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Because they want everyone to have the same stupid bible values they do. They fail to realize that the Jew priests used psychedelic mushrooms in their religious traditions.
So you think a book which values not stealing , killing is stupid?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What book are you reading? The bible may say though shall not kill, but then immediately goes into the reasons and tikes to kill people, and also glorifies those deaths as being for God.

There is far more death an murder ordained by god in the bible, then is restricted.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What book are you reading? The bible may say though shall not kill, but then immediately goes into the reasons and tikes to kill people, and also glorifies those deaths as being for God.

There is far more death an murder ordained by god in the bible, then is restricted.

Well, after all the Bible was written by Man. Given the many different versions of Christianity alone, you can see how things can get twisted.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 AM

990 posts, read 939,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
WOW what priorities in life........if we could just accomplish all on your bucket list.
What's wrong with travelling to Cuba? It's a beautiful island with a very unique culture.

The other things are simply issues of personal liberty. I don't gamble. I don't drink alcohol. I don't drink caffeine. I don't eat red meat. I don't eat fast food. I would never visit a prostitute. However, I'd never consider making any of those things illegal because illegality is what makes them profitable for criminals and what generates crime from them.

We tried prohibition once, remember? It was a disaster of epic proportions which sent crime skyrocketing and did nothing to combat alcohol problems in America. For someone who clings to a 2000 year old book for every answer, it's pretty amazing that you're so ignorant to history.

Plus, Jefferson and Washington both grew Marijuana on their plantations...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
umm yeah i think you need to re-read it.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

i could go on ....

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
What's wrong with travelling to Cuba? It's a beautiful island with a very unique culture.

The other things are simply issues of personal liberty. I don't gamble. I don't drink alcohol. I don't drink caffeine. I don't eat red meat. I don't eat fast food. I would never visit a prostitute. However, I'd never consider making any of those things illegal because illegality is what makes them profitable for criminals and what generates crime from them.

We tried prohibition once, remember? It was a disaster of epic proportions which sent crime skyrocketing and did nothing to combat alcohol problems in America. For someone who clings to a 2000 year old book for every answer, it's pretty amazing that you're so ignorant to history.

Plus, Jefferson and Washington both grew Marijuana on their plantations...

I wouldn't mind travelling to Cuba for the same reasons you described. It's stupid that we have an embargo and a travelling ban with them. I guess they're still getting their hand slapped for allowing the Russians to set up their missiles there. Which BTW did we ever get our nukes out of Turkey in exchange? At any rate, the cold war is over. The Soviet Union is long gone. Get on with it, get over it. Move on!

I absolutely agree with you on everything else that you said as well. And funny, Jefferson and Washington are mentioned time and again as having grown, and consumed cannabis, but to some who are drinking the "Reefer Madness" kool aide, they were probably just worthless stoners. Now you tell me, who has the lack of brain cells? Obviously it isn't stoners, or those who are pro-freedom.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I wouldn't mind travelling to Cuba for the same reasons you described. It's stupid that we have an embargo and a travelling ban with them. I guess they're still getting their hand slapped for allowing the Russians to set up their missiles there. Which BTW did we ever get our nukes out of Turkey in exchange? At any rate, the cold war is over. The Soviet Union is long gone. Get on with it, get over it. Move on!

I absolutely agree with you on everything else that you said as well. And funny, Jefferson and Washington are mentioned time and again as having grown, and consumed cannabis, but to some who are drinking the "Reefer Madness" kool aide, they were probably just worthless stoners. Now you tell me, who has the lack of brain cells? Obviously it isn't stoners, or those who are pro-freedom.
Yeah, but Castro is a communist. We can't abet communists.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I agree with conservatives on many issues but this one makes no sense. They will fight the legalization of a safe substance just as hard as they will same sex marriage and abortion. The thing is, there is no religious ban on marijuana usage so it can't be fought from that angle. They are for personal liberties until it comes to something pleasurable then they fight it tooth and nail. Just like alcohol and tobacco, marijuana should be a personal choice as long as one doesnt get behind the wheel while under the influence. We need a serious libertarian candidate who will bring back the principles this country was founded on.
Dunno. Why are liberals so against personal liberty whan it comes to the 2nd Amendment and why do they love nanny government?

Next dumb question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies