Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are surrounded by millions of CC holders....think about it....
Well, as I say, I have no problem if they are trained, level-headed and mentally competent.

It's the bozos who don't use or store their firearms properly that you have to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:45 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
. I often think when I look at people, which ones would have a problem with me sitting 4ft from them if they new I was carrying, and which ones would feel safer knowing there is an armed and trained person near them.
I often think when I look at people, which ones have the smallest hands and feet & assume they have a gun to compensate, if you get my drift.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:10 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I often think when I look at people, which ones have the smallest hands and feet & assume they have a gun to compensate, if you get my drift.
Gotta love the leftist mantra....

small hands, small feet...gotta have a small penis....

Therefore the need a gun to compensate...do you realize how stupid that is...<<<Rethorical BTW... we know you don't or you never would have made the comment.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, as I say, I have no problem if they are trained, level-headed and mentally competent.

It's the bozos who don't use or store their firearms properly that you have to worry about.
Exactly, I think one should have to pass a class for gun training and safety before owning a gun, we have too many idiots who don't know how to handle a gun or how to properly store one that actually own guns.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, I think one should have to pass a class for gun training and safety before owning a gun, we have too many idiots who don't know how to handle a gun or how to properly store one that actually own guns.
Quote:

Well, then tell us...and BTW....there are things out there that kill far more than guns.....

Everyone knows that "blunt object" (hands and feet) have killed more than shotguns and rifles combined....

Don't forget pools, slips...falling....and stuff like that because, that ranks right up there with "being killed" by guns....

Old 04-30-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Well, then tell us...and BTW....there are things out there that kill far more than guns.....

Everyone knows that "blunt object" (hands and feet) have killed more than shotguns and rifles combined....

Don't forget pools, slips...falling....and stuff like that because, that ranks right up there with "being killed" by guns....
I'm not too worried about some little scrawny dude killing me with his bare hands. I have been in some scraps but once you grow up you learn how to avoid those situations. I would say the vast majority of these deaths are women and children being attacked by somebody bigger than them.

As far as swimming pools, I can easily decide whether I want to go near one or not. Nobody can bring one into my space without going through all kinds of permitting, safety standards, fencing and the like.

It's similar with slips and falls. The world can't exist without floors, sidewalks and other horizontal surfaces. If it's my fault for simply blundering into something, so be it. However, if somebody is creating a hazard then they need to cease.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not too worried about some little scrawny dude killing me with his bare hands. I have been in some scraps but once you grow up you learn how to avoid those situations. I would say the vast majority of these deaths are women and children being attacked by somebody bigger than them.
It's not about you....that's the problem....

However, you don't know, neither do I....but the fact remains...

Quote:
As far as swimming pools, I can easily decide whether I want to go near one or not. Nobody can bring one into my space without going through all kinds of permitting, safety standards, fencing and the like.
Yet, you cannot tell me how many people with CCP have been around you....

Quote:
It's similar with slips and falls. The world can't exist without floors, sidewalks and other horizontal surfaces. If it's my fault for simply blundering into something, so be it. However, if somebody is creating a hazard then they need to cease.
Pool, floors, sidewalks, and other horizontal surfaces are all man made....and people still die from them...daily....

Old 04-30-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Yet, you cannot tell me how many people with CCP have been around you....
I have to wonder if you actually read what I post, because I've said it several times.

But one more time...

I have no problem if they are trained, level-headed and mentally competent.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Liberals are often they're afraid they will come up short, if you get my drift, and spend far to much time and effort worrying about it.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I have to wonder if you actually read what I post, because I've said it several times.
No, I have read what you posted. What I do have to wonder about is if you can tell the difference between a level headed and mentally competent person, while sitting by them or around them or while they are in the area you are in?

Quote:
But one more time...

I have no problem if they are trained, level-headed and mentally competent.
Well, who are they? Do you have the ability to make this decision? If you do, you better not tell anyone and run to the DOJ...cause you are RICH....

Quote:
So, you are in their house?

You are mixing up several things.....concealed carry and storing weapons...unless you are saying that peple CC in their house....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies