Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 02:34 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

The only beneficiaries of a disarmed populace are the predators.

Throwing lambs to the lions is not evidence of higher morality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:01 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
With over 8 million active concealed carry licences in the U.S. do you think that you never are around guns? As you navigate your daily life, when you are at the grocery store, when you go to K-mart, while you are waiting to get your haircut, when you are at your kids soccer game, chances are that often you are in close proximity to a handgun. I often think when I look at people, which ones would have a problem with me sitting 4ft from them if they new I was carrying, and which ones would feel safer knowing there is an armed and trained person near them.
My point is this ... this all happens everyday, without incident. We are bound by law to keep it concealed and never pull it out unless an aggravated felony is occuring to us, or those around us.
We have chosen to make personal safety our responsibility.
We are your friends.
When I walk in the woods I am often just feet froma poisonous pit viper. Most of the time I don't know it and no harm is done to either of us. When I discover a pit viper, I kill it. The world is a better place without dangerous creatures without much sense.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddy View Post
I never mentioned the verdict. The poster I replied to said concealed carry types dont go looking and are not vigilantees. Anyone with a brain knows Zimmerman disproves his claim.Dont like the facts oh well too bad
Again, he was PROVEN innocent, or are you saying the jury, between them all had no brain...

What facts have you provided? Your opinion....LOL...opinions are NOW facts? Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 04-28-2015, 04:05 PM

259 posts, read 178,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
With over 8 million active concealed carry licences in the U.S. do you think that you never are around guns? As you navigate your daily life, when you are at the grocery store, when you go to K-mart, while you are waiting to get your haircut, when you are at your kids soccer game, chances are that often you are in close proximity to a handgun. I often think when I look at people, which ones would have a problem with me sitting 4ft from them if they new I was carrying, and which ones would feel safer knowing there is an armed and trained person near them.
My point is this ... this all happens everyday, without incident. We are bound by law to keep it concealed and never pull it out unless an aggravated felony is occuring to us, or those around us.
We have chosen to make personal safety our responsibility.
We are your friends.
Cool Story bro. You wanna trophy?

Old 04-28-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Zimmerman was proven innocent of not being a vigilantee and not looking for trouble??? Really, link
Provide the link where he was arrested and tried in a court of law for those offenses...Not what you believe, not what you and all the other haters THINK....

Old 04-28-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I know some conceal carry guys who are really nice guys who hate violence. I also know some who are filled with hate and are aching to blow a thief away.
I know people who don't carry and are really nice people. I also know people who don't carry and would pick up a bat and beat the crap out of you...

Don't let fact's get in the way...blunt object (feet, fists, and such) kill more people than rifles and shotguns combined.....

Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM

465 posts, read 613,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Actually, no it's not. Obama even specifically told physicians they are NOT prohibited from asking! I personally would be pissed off if my doctor asked me if I owned guns and would never go back to that doctor again. I was also perplexed and offended when the urgent care I went to for BREATHING problems asked me if I "felt threatened or abused". WTH?? I was there because I was having an asthma attack, not for a broken bone or bruises!
Or the pediatricians who ask if my kids feel safe at home in front of me. Unless my children are presented with bruising or showing signs of abuse I don't see the point. I wonder how many children have answered "no".

My children are instructed if ever asked by a doctor about firearms to just say, "you have to ask my parents". Children should not be used and I don't see the reasoning for it since it's not illegal so the only other reason is for it to be on "record". I can't imagine doctors want to be in the business of lecturing gun safety.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Never heard of anyone being convicted of "looking foe trouble"

Exactly!

Old 04-28-2015, 07:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman is your idea of what a model conceal carrrier is then i dont know what to say. There is a cop, multiple girlfriends/wives and family membees who disagree.
It will catch up with him sooner or later, we can see he just cannot help himself, sooner or later it will be off the prison, he will so really well there...........

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Ccw

If Baltimore , MD had better pro gun CCW Laws much of the looting and destruction of private and public property would not had happen. Shop keepers with a shotgun would of perhaps keep the looter at the door.

There is a lot can be said when the police do not have to protect every quarter of the city. In Arizona , many of the acts of violence would of been consider a " Good Shoot".

So you folks who would like look at your IPOD and go to Starbucks lead your lives like sheep. Waiting for some criminal to take Life and property from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies