Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times

Advertisements

There is nothing like a good pension system along with low infant death rate to cut the overall birth rates. Most high birth rates are a person's hope that some relative will be around to take care of them when they get old.

I believe the US will wind up looking about what it looks like now with a better tan.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Not according to this:

U.S. Birth Rate Falls to a Record Low; Decline Is Greatest Among Immigrants | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

"Both foreign- and U.S.-born Hispanic women had larger birth rate declines from 2007 to 2010 than did other groups."
Then Pew is contradicting itself. From the article above.

"Despite the recent decline, foreign-born mothers continue to give birth to a disproportionate share of the nation’s newborns, as they have for at least the past two decades"

Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ah yes.........the racist parties. The leopard shows his spots.
And these are also parties with alot of violence. Many members of Golden Dawn have gone out to the streets of Athens and committed acts of violence. Some of these Neo-Nazi parties have had violence tied to them.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
There is nothing like a good pension system along with low infant death rate to cut the overall birth rates. Most high birth rates are a person's hope that some relative will be around to take care of them when they get old.

I believe the US will wind up looking about what it looks like now with a better tan.
Again, it isn't about skin color but a dilution of our culture, language and identity as a nation.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,019,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then Pew is contradicting itself. From the article above.

"Despite the recent decline, foreign-born mothers continue to give birth to a disproportionate share of the nation’s newborns, as they have for at least the past two decades"

If I am reading their November 2012 report correctly, which I linked, the birthrate among hispanic women is still higher than all other ethnic groups, but it also dropped significantly more than any other ethnic group over the period from 2007-2010.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
For America I'm just conservative, not neocon. For Europe though I have support for parties such as NPD, Golden Dawn, and National Front.
Ok, I'm confused. Is this a white power style organization, or is it a true European conservative group?

Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Ok, I'm confused. Is this a white power style organization, or is it a true European conservative group?
There's a difference?

Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There's a difference?
I was about to say the same thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/11/wo...anted=all&_r=0

BBC Newsnight Report On Golden Dawn Violence - Business Insider

Old 04-08-2013, 04:05 PM

200 posts, read 274,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
They're against non-European immigration. If you want to call it "white power" then that's up to you but it's not. I believe in preservation and maintaining tradition and values of Europe and that's clearly not possible with open non-European immigration as evidenced in the banning of pork, traditional holiday decorations banned (Brussels version of a small Rockefeller Center), among many other things that set me over the edge. Even if they assimilated, I wouldn't support mass immigration.

At first, when immigration first began to Europe I would've been a conservative and only supported stricter immigration policy so that it didn't turn into what it has today. But now that it has become more of an "invasion" I support the growing far right in Europe. I wouldn't take offense if an African or an Asian rejected mass European immigration to Africa or Asia, I'd agree with them.

Granted Putin is no friend of European nationalism but assimilationism this is a part of a speech from Putin on 2/4/2013:
"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari ‘a Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia , and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities.

When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."

Last edited by lobsta; 04-08-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
They're against non-European immigration. If you want to call it "white power" then that's up to you but it's not. I believe in preservation and maintaining tradition and values of Europe and that's clearly not possible with open non-European immigration as evidenced in the banning of pork, traditional holiday decorations banned (Brussels version of a small Rockefeller Center), among many other things that set me over the edge. Even if they assimilated, I wouldn't support mass immigration.

At first, when immigration first began to Europe I would've been a conservative and only supported stricter immigration policy so that it didn't turn into what it has today. But now that it has become more of an "invasion" I support the growing far right in Europe. I wouldn't take offense if an African or an Asian rejected mass European immigration to Africa or Asia, I'd agree with them.

Granted Putin is no friend of European nationalism but assimilationism this is a part of a speech from Putin on 2/4/2013:
"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari ‘a Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia , and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities.

When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."
Look, I don't agree with pork being banned. I don't agree with Sharia law being implemented anywhere. However, this is the way I look at it. I am American by birth and citizenship. I have an international heart in me too. However, ethnically, I am Black. I think about it from the perspective that even though I am American, 50% of perception is based on looked. Considering that I'm not of European lineage, I would have to consider that I wouldn't be received well at all among far-right wingers. Considering the violence that took place in Athens last summer, and the violence that has taken place in Moscow and some Russian cities, I have to wonder how I would be treated, and about my safety.

As for Russia, I don't mind learning Russian. I don't mind eating Russian food. I've made Russian food in my home here in the USA, such as pelmeni and solyanka. I am a Christian, specifically a Catholic. I'm not going to ask for Sharia law because it would also be of no use to me as a Christian. I would be more than happy to enjoy the Bolshoi Theater, Peter and Paul Fortress, and winter festivals along with the rest of the Russian population. Russia is one place among many that I have wanted to travel to. However, my question is not about the culture barrier, but my safety. There have been some Neo-Nazi attacks on immigrants, and some non-Russian students, some who have been of African descent, and the police have often done little about it. Being of African descent, that leaves me worried alot.

And there is something else I've had to consider. Russia has colonized other places, as has The Netherlands, the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. I wonder about other nations going and colonizing far away places and then complaining when those they colonized come there. Granted, I don't want to see Sharia law put in place, and if you go to a nation, you should learn the language. However, very few people ever talk about colonialism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies