Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Actually, it is and has been easily set straight. All it is is a ridiculous misinterprentation and obviously it is they who have the agenda presenting it in the way that they do.
Name one reason I should agree with this statement.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Point to one study that corroborates your specific contentions...none of the material you cited even are in the same solar system as your claims...NONE.

You have taken behavioral genetics to uncharted waters.
You said that the stuff was pseudoscience and I was agreeing with you. Can you explain specifically what you mean?

Old 04-07-2013, 01:34 PM

200 posts, read 274,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Name one reason I should agree with this statement.
All the proof is in the post. You presented some old study by some dead scientists presenting it in a way to make people think that a black and a white are more genetically similar to each other than that white is to another white which is hogwash and anybody with an ounce of common sense realizes it. Also that same study your source was based off of was set straight on page 94 of this thread and if you don't want to accept it then that's up to you.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The US has reached a demographic tipping point, with most babies born now belonging to minority groups.
According to the US Census bureau, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed-race births made up 50.4% of new arrivals in the year ending in July 2011.
The official notice foreshadows the day, expected in the 2040s, when non-Hispanic whites - like the group that founded America - will be in the minority.BBC News - What will a white-minority US look like?

So could it mean the Spanish speaking minority would assimilate and would much more commonly use English rather than Spanish? In addition would there soon be a Hispanic president?

Plus would the culture of the US be similiar today as in 50 years time?

PS: No racist comments here please.
Just caught this gem....well, seeing how 74% of the United States is White, I'd say the village people 2.0 have a long, long way to go......break it down.....315 known Americans, roughly 50 million of which are of Hispanic origin, 20 million of African descent,Asian and Hindi and Eskimo are rounding errors. And the rest? Drum roll.....230 million are Caucasian......I know, let that sink in a bit......

So, said another way, 3 out of 4 are white. The race the other one out of four love to hate. Ironically, it's liberal whites that carried you in...that and soon to be the remaining unemployed union workers....without them the minority races wouldn't stand a chance on election night....I know, put the gun down and quit kicking the dog for a minute.....

Soooooo, despite Chris Matthews suck up to African American tour, America is still 74% white. And the way the media tells it you would think it were reverse.....so, the village people 2.0 will have to wait awhile longer. Here's the other thing, as minority races climb, they tend to have LESS kids as they, like whites, would rather have the money, vacations and other entrapments of a rich society.

Look it up. That means for every white kid that is downloaded by a white woman, the other races have to download exponentially more. Now we know there are some who have a big head start but, there just aren't enough rappers for all dem kids.

11 kids and 9 baby moms....please......

Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
All the proof is in the post. You presented some old study by some dead scientists presenting it in a way to make people think that a black and a white are more genetically similar to each other than that white is to another white which is hogwash and anybody with an ounce of common sense realizes it. Also that same study your source was based off of was set straight on page 94 of this thread and if you don't want to accept it then that's up to you.
I know what an allele is. It is an alternative of the same gene. Some alleles result in phenotypic traits, but many variations at the genetic level result in little or no observable variation.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know what an allele is. It is an alternative of the same gene. Some alleles result in phenotypic traits, but many variations at the genetic level result in little or no observable variation.
Dude, read the post. Not the first two sentences.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Dude, read the post. Not the first two sentences.
I went to another source.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Point to one study that corroborates your specific contentions...none of the material you cited even are in the same solar system as your claims...NONE.

You have taken behavioral genetics to uncharted waters. Pedal your crap elsewhere.
I just said genetics had nothing to do with it. In fact, a few studies have shown that genetics isn't a factor.

http://books.google.com/books?id=tkH...whites&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=tkH...whites&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=JMx...whites&f=false

http://www.skepdic.com/skeptimedia/skeptimedia114.html

Old 04-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
OMG...OMG you cant really believe that crap? That is the worst use of crap science ever. Using terms like genetic traits, bilogical standpoint, perfectly logical, influences, and lack of impluse control is nothing more than psuedo-scientific gobbledygook.
The page and sources should be enough to keep you busy for a while.
Behavioral Genetics

Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
The page and sources should be enough to keep you busy for a while.
Behavioral Genetics
While you're at it, read this.

Man's Most Dangerous Myth: The Fallacy of Race - Ashley Montagu - Google Books

Man's Most Dangerous Myth: The Fallacy of Race - Ashley Montagu - Google Books

Black Rednecks And White Liberals - Thomas Sowell - Google Books

Racial Intelligence - Skeptimedia - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies