Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 PM

200 posts, read 274,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Look, I don't agree with pork being banned. I don't agree with Sharia law being implemented anywhere. However, this is the way I look at it. I am American by birth and citizenship. I have an international heart in me too. However, ethnically, I am Black. I think about it from the perspective that even though I am American, 50% of perception is based on looked. Considering that I'm not of European lineage, I would have to consider that I wouldn't be received well at all among far-right wingers. Considering the violence that took place in Athens last summer, and the violence that has taken place in Moscow and some Russian cities, I have to wonder how I would be treated, and about my safety.

As for Russia, I don't mind learning Russian. I don't mind eating Russian food. I've made Russian food in my home here in the USA, such as pelmeni and solyanka. I am a Christian, specifically a Catholic. I'm not going to ask for Sharia law because it would also be of no use to me as a Christian. I would be more than happy to enjoy the Bolshoi Theater, Peter and Paul Fortress, and winter festivals along with the rest of the Russian population. Russia is one place among many that I have wanted to travel to. However, my question is not about the culture barrier, but my safety. There have been some Neo-Nazi attacks on immigrants, and some non-Russian students, some who have been of African descent, and the police have often done little about it. Being of African descent, that leaves me worried alot.

And there is something else I've had to consider. Russia has colonized other places, as has The Netherlands, the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. I wonder about other nations going and colonizing far away places and then complaining when those they colonized come there. Granted, I don't want to see Sharia law put in place, and if you go to a nation, you should learn the language. However, very few people ever talk about colonialism.
The odds of you being attacked by skinheads are slim to none and most attacks occurr in places tourists aren't going to wind up in. In all of Russia there were what 70 murders by skinheads in a year. You're probably more likely to be robbed and killed in Chicago and an American is probably more likely to be killed on a vacation to Brazil. From what I understand generally they aren't against tourism. They won't attack obvious tourists plus you'd be far from any place that's dangerous. Cities like St Petersburg and Moscow aren't that dangerous. The crime rate is actually lower in those two cities than most American cities. The most dangerous places in Russia are in places around Chechnya. I know of non-European people including a black kid who went to a university in St Petersburg for a semester and had a great time.

As for colonizing places Europe was subject to that as well by muslims who invaded France, Spain, and Sicily. Muslims even ruled for a while. Even Asians invaded Europe. In the end they were all brutally defeated but that doesn't change the fact that Europe experienced it. The difference is our ancestors succeeded in ridding Europe of them. And you know I don't agree with any form of colonization but it's not like we were the only ones colonizing places, the difference is Europeans generally succeeded and now non-Europeans are complaining about it when their own family history is guilty of it as well. Only their attempts failed. It's like taking a swing at someone and missing. You still tried to hit the guy. Only you missed and he didn't.

Last edited by lobsta; 04-08-2013 at 05:57 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You're right. The wihite birthrate seems to have stablized somewhat while the minority birth rates are dropping like a rock.

The black population is only 13% nationally and is not going to go anywhere but down.
Tho part of it is more and more "mixed" people with 1 Black parent DON'T call themselves "Black" in 2013 which also cut down the numbers.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those news stories were some great pieces of propaganda. So a small minority of immigrants are attacked, much smaller than the amounts of crime the immigrants are causing, and they make it out like it's bigger than it is to spark "outrage" and push everybody to hate them. That's the mainstream way.

Golden Dawn has been the only party to genuinely care about the population of Greece and are consistently out donating food to people on the street, actively participating in community events and holding rallies. Thousands of Greeks are committing suicide since the austerity measures. Record numbers. 50-60% of Greek police are said to support GD and that number is growing. In Athens the police are said to poll for GD at around 80%. The other two parties failed Greece miserably and people are starting to realize it. That's why GD's popularity is increasing. I love how those articles say they're shouting my favorite bogus line "you are the cause of Greece's problems!" Give me a break. I personally know 2 members of Golden Dawn, one has become a very close friend and it's just so obvious what the media does to discredit GD and the lies these victims will claim happened to the media (more like massive exaggerations) at the hands of evil Golden Dawn. Then they try to make it seem like GD is capitalizing on the "crime stats" immigrants have caused to increase? That's just one piece to a big problem. They're capitalizing because the other parties are destroying not only Greece but Europe both economically and culturally and the media has the nerve to spout some bs like "As the media have joined in - relentlessly identifying foreigners with crime - the far right's poll rating has increased." Yeah, that's it there Mason.... and how dare they say the media is covering up for GD. The media? THE MEDIA AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS SUPPORTING THE FAR RIGHT? Yeah right! GD held a march of over 50,000 nationalists this February and the media didn't even touch it [as people like to be a part of something big like that] in Greece but as soon as antifas hold a rally of a couple thousand at best out comes the media's praise.

And then compare GD to the antifas who attack at a time they overwhelmingly outnumber their victim (always running away like cowards like they have in Russia, Spain, Sweden, and Greece) and never once have the guts to come face to face with even one nationalist. I recall 50 antifas attacking 1 nationalist on a train in Spain and one of the antifas ended up dead, they all run like cowards and the nationalist gets thrown in prison. Then in Sweden nationalists held a rally and antifas come along chucking bottles and bricks expecting nationalists to retreat but instead they chased the antifas who then proceeded to run away like little girls. And then the bombings the antifas have done on GD offices. Don't see the media condemning those.

Last edited by lobsta; 04-08-2013 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
They're against non-European immigration. If you want to call it "white power" then that's up to you but it's not. I believe in preservation and maintaining tradition and values of Europe and that's clearly not possible with open non-European immigration as evidenced in the banning of pork, traditional holiday decorations banned (Brussels version of a small Rockefeller Center), among many other things that set me over the edge. Even if they assimilated, I wouldn't support mass immigration.

At first, when immigration first began to Europe I would've been a conservative and only supported stricter immigration policy so that it didn't turn into what it has today. But now that it has become more of an "invasion" I support the growing far right in Europe. I wouldn't take offense if an African or an Asian rejected mass European immigration to Africa or Asia, I'd agree with them.

Granted Putin is no friend of European nationalism but assimilationism this is a part of a speech from Putin on 2/4/2013:
"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari ‘a Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia , and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities.

When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."

Putin should have thought of how the Russians forcefully absorbed nonwhite, non-Orthodox, non-Slavic populations from the Far East, Central Asia and the Caucasus before all of his shrill railing about minorities and their cultures and lifestyles.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Putin should have thought of how the Russians forcefully absorbed nonwhite, non-Orthodox, non-Slavic populations from the Far East, Central Asia and the Caucasus before all of his shrill railing about minorities and their cultures and lifestyles.
That doesn't excuse people migrating from outside of Russia into Russia demanding special treatment. As for the nonwhites, Putin will never give up Siberia and Chechnya already was given its independence in 1994 to 1999 which resulted in mass amounts of human kidnappings, slave trade, drug trafficking, massacres, ethnic cleansing, radical islamization, destruction of economy and an attack on Russia aka the second Chechen War. If they want it to themselves they should learn to stay in line. Maybe if they were lucky in a nationalist Russia they'd get it back just to shut them up but they should also give back to Russia its Russian/Cossack territory.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM

991 posts, read 1,110,243 times
I really don't think it will matter, but it is hysterical to watch the meltdown of people on this thread. My SO and I aren't planning on kids, but she is a native of Laos and I am white...maybe we'll make lots of mixed babies to **** all you guys off!

In the end who cares...we live, we die...everything is far to temporary to worry about it.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I really don't think it will matter, but it is hysterical to watch the meltdown of people on this thread. My SO and I aren't planning on kids, but she is a native of Laos and I am white...maybe we'll make lots of mixed babies to **** all you guys off!

In the end who cares...we live, we die...everything is far to temporary to worry about it.
Uh; your kids might still be called "white", even by the KKK type of people.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There's a difference?

Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
They're against non-European immigration. If you want to call it "white power" then that's up to you but it's not. I believe in preservation and maintaining tradition and values of Europe and that's clearly not possible with open non-European immigration as evidenced in the banning of pork, traditional holiday decorations banned (Brussels version of a small Rockefeller Center), among many other things that set me over the edge. Even if they assimilated, I wouldn't support mass immigration.

At first, when immigration first began to Europe I would've been a conservative and only supported stricter immigration policy so that it didn't turn into what it has today. But now that it has become more of an "invasion" I support the growing far right in Europe. I wouldn't take offense if an African or an Asian rejected mass European immigration to Africa or Asia, I'd agree with them.

Granted Putin is no friend of European nationalism but assimilationism this is a part of a speech from Putin on 2/4/2013:
"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia , to work and eat in Russia , should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari ‘a Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia , and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America , England , Holland and France , if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities.

When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."
I'm Latin but European. All 4 of my grandparents were born in Spain. I'm a dark haired caucasian of a mostly-blonde family. I suppose Aryans would stamp the seal of approval on my behind for fitting the mold of a genetically "superior" whatever-the-hell it is that screwed up Aryans approve of. However, I'm against any attempts to maintain some sort of imaginary "purity" of culture, "purity" of religion, "purity" of parentage, first of all because these are myths and not fact (no such thing as purity of culture), second because you can't stop change and time, and third, because they're discriminatory ideas.

ON DNA: There's no such thing as pure DNA The history of Europe, however, is one of a blend of DNAs. While the initial parentage of all humans is African, it differentiated, but blended again, and again, and again. There's no such thing as pure DNA. Not so long ago I sent my sample to join the National Geographic DNA Ancestry Project, and found to my surprise that my genes can be traced all the way back to an area around what is currently Iran. So basically, we're all just a blend of DNAs of all kinds, and there's no such thing as pure DNA.

ON CULTURE: I am fascinated by cultures, but cultures have changed throughout history. No country has ever been able to matain a static, non-changing culture. History and anthropology shows us that culture changes non-stop. Everything changes. For example, what we all consider to be Italian cuisine today (pasta) is not what it once was. At one time, Italians did NOT eat pasta. They ate olives, goat, sheep, some greens, etc. Pasta was an Eastern Asia food, and Italians made it their own. The UK is a primarily Christian area (though not as obsessed as the U.S. about its religions), yet at one time the areas which are now the UK were places of Druid-like religions. You can go on this way about all countries. Culture changes non-stop.

REJECTION OF CHANGES: You're right that people don't like changes. I don't like changes either because it requires effort to accommodate to new things and I prefer to be lazy about that. However, I generally don't reject changes unless they are rife with hatred. For example, I reject Shariah because it is misogynist in nature. I'm not against other religions, but if the religions are misogynist, you betcha I'm going to turn against them.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
It has already tipped in Toronto- Not in every part of town but in some places. For instance if I were to get on the east west subway early in the morning, I would be the only white guy on the car. Oddly they call the darker ones a minority. You would think that me and my white skin sitting all by myself in a crowd of 80 people would make me the minority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies