Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why are you all wetting yourselves over this guy? You think he's the only black man who doesn't agree with Obama on everything, or was it the "PC" comment that got you so excited? I certainly don't fear him, as I know nothing of him beyond that one speech - and while it made a few good points, it was hardly right-wing in nature and also not a bid for presidency. Whatevs, nothing to see here really.
I think I heard the same speech you heard since we heard so nearly the same things from him. It was the way he dealt with PC for so much of the speech that impressed me the most, but he did speak about our government and how it is run in a manner that I agree with. However, he didn't say anything about politics as so many here seem to think he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
Quote:
I may not speak for "the left," since I'm really more of an independent - but the "left" doesn't hate those things at all, and the fact you would think so tells us how little you know about half our country.

He seems like a smart man, but beyond that I don't see how he's qualified to be our next POTUS.
Why not? How was Obama more qualified?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think I heard the same speech you heard since we heard so nearly the same things from him. It was the way he dealt with PC for so much of the speech that impressed me the most, but he did speak about our government and how it is run in a manner that I agree with. However, he didn't say anything about politics as so many here seem to think he did.
Exactly...and the man has said that he detests politics.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't know he was a Republican. He didn't say anything about politics in that speech. He talked about government but not politics.
Yea I know. I feel like the speech was political in nature, It most certainly wasn't partisan, or anti Obama

Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
I wish that the RWNJs would stop looking for the next Herman "Uzbekibekistanstan" Caine and would simply leave the inspirational Dr. Carson alone. He gave a great speech. No need to draft him into your agenda.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
I predict he is not going away any time soon. After he saw the reception he recieved from that speach i think he is going to be very confident. This will be interesting i predict he will be running in 2016. Im wondering how the left will bash and discredit him. I am guessing about religion
Running for what? Mayor of Baltimore?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Why are you all wetting yourselves over this guy? You think he's the only black man who doesn't agree with Obama on everything, or was it the "PC" comment that got you so excited? I certainly don't fear him, as I know nothing of him beyond that one speech - and while it made a few good points, it was hardly right-wing in nature and also not a bid for presidency. Whatevs, nothing to see here really.
I never said it was far right or anti Obama. I did feel the speech went against ideas that are popular on the left. Stop with the race

Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I wish that the RWNJs would stop looking for the next Herman "Uzbekibekistanstan" Caine and would simply leave the inspirational Dr. Carson alone. He gave a great speech. No need to draft him into your agenda.
He gave a great speech and received an amazing response what can be wrong with that. He sounds like he already has his own agenda no need to draft him anywhere. Why the caparison to Herman Caine are all black people the same to you?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
The one he delivered last Thursday was his 4th one of the week so I imagine we are still talking about that one. You did hear it, didn't you?
I may have, but i only remember bits and pieces.

I dont see how he is the left's nightmare in anyway.

it seems like the right is only championing him because he is black. if not, then why him ? is he not saying the same things as other more prominent preachers and even politicians ?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I may have, but i only remember bits and pieces.

I dont see how he is the left's nightmare in anyway.

it seems like the right is only championing him because he is black. if not, then why him ? is he not saying the same things as other more prominent preachers and even politicians ?
No he not. I have not heard anybody give a speech like that in a long time. Don't let his race make you think less of him, it really was an amazing speech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies