Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
I guess not. For them it's merely a preference, circumstances and background.

A surreal moment indeed. Race and ethnicity are NOT social constructions, that is one the most ridiculous BS I've heard. Without science anyone can see physical differences in appearance. So it follows genetic differences exist and science has shown them. Haplotypes distinguishing racial and ethnic groups have long been available and are used in genetic tests. Race is a biological fact and saying that is not racist. It only becomes racist if someone perverts the differences to exploit and manipulate.
You're correct. Race is all about genetics nothing else. I don't have a problem with the different races but some cultures are not compatible to my own and I would have nothing in common with them. That doesn't make me a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?
No. Not even close.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM

468 posts, read 553,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
No race is not a biological fact what you are referring to are gene pools which are different
So now Liberal ideology surpasses science, eh?

Race IS a biological reality, and it is clearly manifested itself in other ways. Skull differences, physical stature, muscular built, limb length etc, not to mention prevelance of genetic mutations, certain diseases and adaptations, all evolved in different locations, with haplotypes distributed according to different populations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Race is most definitely a social construct. There are slight - slight - differences between populations worldwide, but most humans are very similar genetically. Haplotypes do not signify racial difference, and they have little, if no, correlation to appearance. I share haplogroups and even DNA with distant relatives with whom I have absolutely no similarity in terms of appearance. A blond, blue-eyed Icelander or Slav can have the same haplogroup as a person who looks West African.
Once again your total lack of logic and shameless denial amaze me. Haplotypes don't equal significant differences or correlation to appearance? Jesus. Anyone having a significant amount of Subsaharan African DNA I guarantee you WILL manifest some sort of appearance to that group.

Race IS NOT a social construct. Why have different groups of people evolved and appeared SEPARATELY in history along with separate cultures and behaviour? Did some black Africans pop up amongst western european groups or vice versa? Were there chinese tribes in africa or somalians in the Han dynasty?

Why is it that so many people adamantly deny the existence of race in some situations yet in others the first word out of their mouths is "RACIST"? Make up your damned minds.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

Race IS a biological reality, and it is clearly manifested itself in other ways. Skull differences, physical stature, muscular built, limb length etc, not to mention prevelance of genetic mutations, certain diseases and adaptations, all evolved in different locations, with haplotypes distributed according to different populations.

Once again your total lack of logic and shameless denial amaze me. Haplotypes don't equal significant differences or correlation to appearance? Jesus. Anyone having a significant amount of Subsaharan African DNA I guarantee you WILL manifest some sort of appearance to that group.

Race IS NOT a social construct. Why have different groups of people evolved and appeared SEPARATELY in history along with separate cultures and behaviour? Did some black Africans pop up amongst western european groups or vice versa? Were there chinese tribes in africa or somalians in the Han dynasty?

Why is it that so many people adamantly deny the existence of race in some situations yet in others the first word out of their mouths is "RACIST"? Make up your damned minds.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:

I am not a liberal

Those are gene pools not races

PAGE ONE -- No Biological Basis For Race, Scientists Say / Distinctions prove to be skin deep - SFGate

Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:

Just stop. You're coming off as a scientifically illiterate racist. I know that's not the impression you wish to convey here.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
If the differences are only skin deep, how can anthropologists look at a skeleton and say for certain that the person that was built on those bones was Caucasian, Negroid, Mongolian, etc.?
Sorry, but there most assuredly ARE skeletal differences!

As far as racism is concerned, there are those who see it everywhere, and those who very seldom see it.
Personally, my only experience with it was in Memphis Tennessee, 1959. This big black dude told me in no uncertain terms, with plenty of profanity, to get my white a$$ out of HIS side of the Greyhound Bus Terminal!
Needless to say, I left and used the rest room elsewhere!
Yeah, he was a rabid racist!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM

468 posts, read 553,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
That is NOT accurate info, just PC liberal crap. You can info anywhere detailing the haplotypes and several genetic differences as well as behaviour. These "scientists" say that yet acknowledge genetic differences that lead to physical appearance and different medical and health issues. Use your common sense. If race really didn't exist, why are accusations of racism still flying and people still categorized based on race? Why isn't the UN working to remove classifications of white, black, etc? Why did the different races evolve separately from one another and why can scientists trace the migration of groups of different haplotypes? You make little sense, I think for some reason you just don't want to admit there are differences between groups of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Just stop. You're coming off as a scientifically illiterate racist. I know that's not the impression you wish to convey here.
Again, like before, you throw out accusations of racisms yet fail to address my valid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If the differences are only skin deep, how can anthropologists look at a skeleton and say for certain that the person that was built on those bones was Caucasian, Negroid, Mongolian, etc.?
Sorry, but there most assuredly ARE skeletal differences!

As far as racism is concerned, there are those who see it everywhere, and those who very seldom see it.
Personally, my only experience with it was in Memphis Tennessee, 1959. This big black dude told me in no uncertain terms, with plenty of profanity, to get my white a$$ out of HIS side of the Greyhound Bus Terminal!
Needless to say, I left and used the rest room elsewhere!
Yeah, he was a rabid racist!

Please, don't try to talk sense to Liberals, it hurts their brains. I wonder if Libs will use that "there's no such thing as race" line on blacks who assault nonblacks...or someone like Jamie Foxx who loves to remind everyone how aware he is of whites. For him, race doesn't exist when he's chasing after white women but it does when it's time to discuss slavery and modern oppression against blacks.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Everything to you people is PC. In most of minds, it's only PC is a non-white is saying it. I'm not PC or liberal, but you people act like black on non-black crime is more rampant than non-black on black.
Quote:
That is NOT accurate info, just PC liberal crap. You can info anywhere detailing the haplotypes and several genetic differences as well as behaviour. These "scientists" say that yet acknowledge genetic differences that lead to physical appearance and different medical and health issues. Use your common sense. If race really didn't exist, why are accusations of racism still flying and people still categorized based on race? Why isn't the UN working to remove classifications of white, black, etc? Why did the different races evolve separately from one another and why can scientists trace the migration of groups of different haplotypes? You make little sense, I think for some reason you just don't want to admit there are differences between groups of people.

Again, like before, you throw out accusations of racisms yet fail to address my valid points.

Please, don't try to talk sense to Liberals, it hurts their brains. I wonder if Libs will use that "there's no such thing as race" line on blacks who assault nonblacks...or someone like Jamie Foxx who loves to remind everyone how aware he is of whites. For him, race doesn't exist when he's chasing after white women but it does when it's time to discuss slavery and modern oppression against blacks.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Don't think so but honestly people will see this differently and i am sure the usual racial issues will come up.

My very wealthy rich black male friend who lives and works in Vegas, has a very high position there. Only dates white and hispanic women. You tell me. He has nothing against women of his own race, but is merely attracted he says by other races.

I don't think this is a race issue, more of who you are attracted to, and that you cannot help. I know friends who only date within their own race, but are not racists in the least. It is how one views this issue. My black gal friends, prefer to date within their own race, but my black guy friends, date outside their race. Whatever you wish to call it sure some of you will see something that is not there.

As far as racisim goes, some people bring up the subject a bit too often, everything is racist these days, or a certain level of racisim going on. People see what they wish to see no more no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies