Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

I don;t think makes someone racist if they don't outside of their race because none of us can control who we are attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Just stop. You're coming off as a scientifically illiterate racist. I know that's not the impression you wish to convey here.
If you refuse to accept the idea that races do not exist, then you are a racist?

Am I the only one to see some logical inconsistency in that?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,743,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
For me, skin color has nothing to do with a person I chose to marry. It has to do with culture. I need the same or very similar culture. I have rejected dating someone who's culture is too far from mine. It had nothing to do with racism.

If you have rejeted someone whose culture is too far from yours, then it's likely that skin color had something in common with the person's "culture."

The way things are nowadays, you would likely be labeled as a "racist," sadly.

best,
toodie

Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,755 times
Absolutely not. Just don't be a jerk about it to people. Ie not wanting t date someone because they are unattractive , you don't need to go on a tirade just tell them no thanks if they ask.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
If you refuse to accept the idea that races do not exist, then you are a racist?

Am I the only one to see some logical inconsistency in that?
There is no scientific basis to the concept of race.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I say no. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have dating racial preferences. It doesn't mean you're a racist. What do you think?
Depends on why. If it's because you prefer blondes, or a creamy white complexion....so be it. If it's because you think black people are inferior, then yah...it means you're a racist.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
If you have rejeted someone whose culture is too far from yours, then it's likely that skin color had something in common with the person's "culture."

The way things are nowadays, you would likely be labeled as a "racist," sadly.

best,
toodie
Not liking external cultures would be xenophobia.

Which is actually pretty common.

But preference is preference. The heart wants what the heart wants right?

Everyone has a preference. Can't be helped and nothing wrong with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM

733 posts, read 940,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
That is NOT accurate info, just PC liberal crap. You can info anywhere detailing the haplotypes and several genetic differences as well as behaviour. These "scientists" say that yet acknowledge genetic differences that lead to physical appearance and different medical and health issues. Use your common sense. If race really didn't exist, why are accusations of racism still flying and people still categorized based on race? Why isn't the UN working to remove classifications of white, black, etc? Why did the different races evolve separately from one another and why can scientists trace the migration of groups of different haplotypes? You make little sense, I think for some reason you just don't want to admit there are differences between groups of people.

Again, like before, you throw out accusations of racisms yet fail to address my valid points.

Please, don't try to talk sense to Liberals, it hurts their brains. I wonder if Libs will use that "there's no such thing as race" line on blacks who assault nonblacks...or someone like Jamie Foxx who loves to remind everyone how aware he is of whites. For him, race doesn't exist when he's chasing after white women but it does when it's time to discuss slavery and modern oppression against blacks.
I am not saying there are not differences between groups of people, that would be ridiculous, and you clearly do not grasp the difference between race and gene pools which do exist. Gene pools are the reason why West Africans are better sprinters and East Africans are better runners, why people from Scandinavia look and have different genetic features than people from Greece, haplotypes have to do with gene pools not race, which doesn't biologically exist.

And just because race doesn't exist biologically does not mean it does not exist as a social construct as I echoed in this thread previously, just because it does not really exist does not mean people don't make big deals out of it or fight over it, people do the same **** over their deities all the time. And I don't know if you noticed this but people go by outdated information all the time, have you read a high school history book, full of outdated myths that were debunked by those in the academic community.

And with your earlier accusation of me being a "liberal" and this new one that I don't think there are differences between groups of people I suggest that you address my arguments not this strawman of my arguments that you built, I also suggest you actually look into my claims because it seems to me that you're not bothering and merely echoing the same old points you did earlier with gene pools=race, which is wrong.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i thought that choosing who we date was part of our personal freedoms or is that another ambition of NAACP and ACLU, to restrict that liberty? if it were not for the k12 reeducation camps we would not even be having this discussion.
Who in hell is trying to 'restrict that liberty'? Absolutely asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Good on you for saying the dreaded un-PC truth. Rare these days to find any woman with self respect exercising genuine freedom of will. You'll probably get called a racist etc since apparently you are obligated to stick to those other races until you find a suitable one to prove to the Libs that you're not a racist.
I cannot fathom how much ignorance is on display in this thread.

How in the hell is anyone 'obligated' to date any one? Absolutely ridiculous.

That said, it is still racist to refuse to date someone solely based on their race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I don;t think makes someone racist if they don't outside of their race because none of us can control who we are attracted to.
You're missing the not so subtle difference.
Nothing wrong with not dating someone that one is not attracted to.
Stating before hand, that one refuses to date anyone of a certain 'race', is, by definition, racist.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 PM

468 posts, read 553,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
I am not saying there are not differences between groups of people, that would be ridiculous, and you clearly do not grasp the difference between race and gene pools which do exist. Gene pools are the reason why West Africans are better sprinters and East Africans are better runners, why people from Scandinavia look and have different genetic features than people from Greece, haplotypes have to do with gene pools not race, which doesn't biologically exist.

And just because race doesn't exist biologically does not mean it does not exist as a social construct as I echoed in this thread previously, just because it does not really exist does not mean people don't make big deals out of it or fight over it, people do the same **** over their deities all the time. And I don't know if you noticed this but people go by outdated information all the time, have you read a high school history book, full of outdated myths that were debunked by those in the academic community.

And with your earlier accusation of me being a "liberal" and this new one that I don't think there are differences between groups of people I suggest that you address my arguments not this strawman of my arguments that you built, I also suggest you actually look into my claims because it seems to me that you're not bothering and merely echoing the same old points you did earlier with gene pools=race, which is wrong.
I guess you and the others don't realise it but your rants that race doesn't exist basically involve saying that the definition of race -i.e. everything you and I mentioned- and what makes a people a race no longer means "race" therefore race doesn't exist.

So what people are doing is redefining a concept solely to say it doesn't exist anymore because you don't want it to.

Again I ask: if race doesn't exist then please explain my previously mentioned points which are undeniable and stop repeating crap about social constructs and outdated info. It's neither social construct nor outdated info that races evolved separately under different circumstances and even today physical differences, adaptations and abilities exist. It's neither social construct nor outdated info that generally, certain groups of people descend from common ancestors, share similar values, culture and appearance and relate to one another.

Out of curiousity, how exactly have your hero scientists gone about implementing this discovery that race does not exist?
What are your ideas on how to deal with the situation?
Why wasn't this world-changing fact mentioned during the Trayvon incident? Because a simple definition I found was this:
BIOLOGY strain of organism: a genetically distinct population within a species that may also be geographically isolated.

And clearly THAT still exists today, so obviously race does exist and it IS a biological fact. The definition has not been revoked AFAIK. Of course it's quite possible to destroy a race by heavy mixing but until all races are mixed in and mass immigration occurs to disrupt the entire globe, both of which seem to be goals of Liberals incidentally, then I'll say that race does exist.

Last edited by OnlyCurious; 02-26-2013 at 11:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies