Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I think a better question would be: How many of those people would have rather had guns that night.

You do realize that that shooter drove past a few other movie theaters....this one he shot up was the only "gun free" theater around.....

Can you make the connection....
Are you saying that the other theaters had metal detectors? I`ll bet you`re wrong.
Having a gun would keep you from being shot in the back of the head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Why?
In that they have no protection for such. Their people do not contain the same level of liberty that we do in the US. Their liberties can be removed by the state, as we saw with their gun ban. In the US, you can't do such. Doing so, will get you a war. Our rights are not subject to state discretion.

That doesn't mean the state and numerous ignorant people out there won't simply ignore that fact and do it anyway, but... well... there will be consequences.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Sorry, I'm extremely confused... how many people have been slaughtered by renegade government in Australia?
Tell me, 'cause I'm interested.
It isn't a country-by-country issue. It is what happens to the ruled by the rulers. Study History. When you understand that relationship, come back and engage in some serious debate.

Your question is so "micro" in nature that it is irrelevant. Siort of like "how will same sex marriage affect your marriage" often posed to those who opposed the debouching of our marriage laws and customers. It is much bigger issue than that. Same principle applies.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,562 times
Quote:
Why?
USA has a Second Amendment, Australia did not.

Have murders been totally eliminated in Australia?

Back to my original question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Can anyone honestly explain how banning responsible law abiding people from purchasing semi-auto firearms, (misnamed as assault weapons), and high capacity magazines is going to stop criminals and the mentally ill from misusing firearms?

No emotional responses; statistics / facts only please.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
from the link:

"It probably won’t work in the US. “Three reasons why gun buybacks in the United States have apparently been ineffective: (a) the buybacks are relatively small in scale (b) guns are surrendered voluntarily, and so are not like the ones used in crime; and (c) replacement guns are easy to obtain. These factors did not apply to the Australian buyback, which was large, compulsory, and the guns on this island nation could not easily be replaced.â€

I would also add the influence of NRA
Anyway, that doesn't change the fact the gun control is working in Australia, because - differently from USA - it has actually been implemented.
If you compare Australia's model with USA's model, there's no doubt that the first one is working better.
Almost 20 years without a mass shooting and a murder rate that is just a fraction of USA's one.
And even with all those rules and regulations, people still die by guns, the still commit suicide.....

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
And so what?
Yeah! Who give a !#$@# about the constitution???!!!

1,090 posts, read 1,594,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
It isn't a country-by-country issue. It is what happens to the ruled by the rulers. Study History. When you understand that relationship, come back and engage in some serious debate.

Your question is so "micro" in nature that it is irrelevant. Siort of like "how will same sex marriage affect your marriage" often posed to those who opposed the debouching of our marriage laws and customers. It is much bigger issue than that. Same principle applies.
Or maybe you don't know how to reply to my question.

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
People routinely disobey speed limits so we should get rid of all speed limits?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Are you saying that the other theaters had metal detectors? I`ll bet you`re wrong.
It would surely change the odds, don't you think?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You still did not answer the question of why he drove past other theaters to get to the ONLY one that stated NO GUNS.....

It's esy to jump around and squeal, but when you open your eyes to facts, you will see why people who want to kill go to gun free zones.....

The last few mass kiliings were all in.............................GUN FREE ZONES...................:rolle yes:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies