Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is not an Obamacare thread. This is a correction to the record that liberals keep spewing.

What Obama Really Meant When He Said 'If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It'

No, HuffPo, that promise has not been broken. Instead, that LIE HAS BEEN EXPOSED!

Broken Promise vs a Lie.

A broken promise = not working out as planned.

A lie = A willful and intentional effort to mislead and deceive.

If the repeated proclamation of "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." was a broken promise, the President would be able to show that his Administration made legitimate efforts to honor the President's word.

Instead, the President told a bald-faced lie. Everyone, including him, knew that people would not be able to "keep their plan" if they "liked it." His Administration crafted the rules to make his proclamation IMPOSSIBLE for millions!

So lets be clear, liberals. BARACK OBAMA IS A BALD FACED LIAR.

This is his "No New Taxes" moment and it will be hitched to his legacy forever.
I agree with you; a "bald faced lie." And it wasn't the only one. More (such as "... you can keep your doctor") soon to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Why should we "get over it" when our President lies? This is very serious. He has no credibility.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
It all depends on what "period" means. It's like, it all depends on what "is" means. LOL

Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's over. You are beating a dead horse, jumping the shark. It is becoming another "Benghazi" for you. No one outside of the fringe right is paying attention anymore. Give it up.
The "fringe" right? Well over half of Americans describe themselves as at least "somehwhat conservative," and we are "fringe?"

Old 12-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sometimes you need to be reminded that you are not more patriotic,you are not a better American than a Democrat. You are a person just like the rest of us and no better than anyone else.
Wrong. The Right are more patriotic. The Left is trying to destroy this country.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:32 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Who cares, get over it, move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's over. You are beating a dead horse, jumping the shark. It is becoming another "Benghazi" for you. No one outside of the fringe right is paying attention anymore. Give it up.

Nothing but "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" responses.

It was never a promise as it was always a lie.
Yes, the lie matters greatly.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is not an Obamacare thread. This is a correction to the record that liberals keep spewing.

What Obama Really Meant When He Said 'If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It'

No, HuffPo, that promise has not been broken. Instead, that LIE HAS BEEN EXPOSED!

Broken Promise vs a Lie.

A broken promise = not working out as planned.

A lie = A willful and intentional effort to mislead and deceive.

If the repeated proclamation of "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." was a broken promise, the President would be able to show that his Administration made legitimate efforts to honor the President's word.

Instead, the President told a bald-faced lie. Everyone, including him, knew that people would not be able to "keep their plan" if they "liked it." His Administration crafted the rules to make his proclamation IMPOSSIBLE for millions!

So lets be clear, liberals. BARACK OBAMA IS A BALD FACED LIAR.

This is his "No New Taxes" moment and it will be hitched to his legacy forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Actually it's the republicans who are counting on people not understanding. Almost every thread submitted by republicans on C-D is misleading, biased or down right untrue. Every posted thread by republicans is designed to mislead for the purpose to kill the ACA and hang the president from the nearest tree at the soonest possibility.

I would probably be speechless in surprise if there appeared one thread from a republican offering an actual PLAN on how to fix the economy, how to stop the health care crisis in the nation and how to stimulate the economy and jobs.

Here's the OP as it seems you missed it on the first page (first post too!).

Obama intentionally deceived the American People.
Knowingly and willfully.

Posters deceiving (allegedly) or the President proven deceiving deliberately, no comparison at all.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
So you're saying the regulations on new insurance plans were passed for fun? Do you honestly believe Obama meant for the ACA to have zero effect?

Let's say you're a married man and your wife says "If you like your car you can keep it". Then a year later you can go out and trade in your Camry for a Corvette, and then when she gets mad you say "But you said if I like my car I can keep it, and I like my Corvette!"

That's exactly what is going on here. Your wife didn't say "If you like any car you ever get in the future you can keep it".
You are squabbling over semantics. Consensus is that when Obama made his statement, it was made for the present and for the future. To believe otherwise is like putting blinders on.

As for the car issue, oddly enough my wife killed a deal to trade our Yukon for something a bit more practical. So when my year of ownership of my Volt is up, I will trade for whatever I want since she is not on the title as she is on the Yukon. And there is not thing one she can do about it.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Me too.

Fortunately for him, Obama's parents are dead and buried. But I am sure if they were alive, they would concur with your post.

Well, except for the part about raising him. Both of them seemed more interested in 'making babies' instead of 'raising babies', and yes, there is a difference.

Obama's mother might want to talk to him about lying about her during the push for Obamacare to his
benefit.

Or maybe she would have approved of the deception.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama's mother might want to talk to him about lying about her during the push for Obamacare to his
benefit.

Or maybe she would have approved of the deception.
She would probably approve. As they say the apple never falls far from the tree. What ever it takes to get his way even if it means lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies