Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 05:02 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Broken Promise vs a Lie.

A broken promise = not working out as planned.

A lie = A willful and intentional effort to mislead and deceive.

If the repeated proclamation of "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." was a broken promise, the President would be able to show that his Administration made legitimate efforts to honor the President's word.

Instead, the President told a bald-faced lie. Everyone, including him, knew that people would not be able to "keep their plan" if they "liked it." His Administration crafted the rules to make his proclamation IMPOSSIBLE for millions!

So lets be clear, liberals. BARACK OBAMA IS A BALD FACED LIAR.

This is his "No New Taxes" moment and it will be hitched to his legacy forever.
Obama didn't have all the facts to a very complicated issue. Why is it, so many of you anti-Obama people don't have a problem with Bush lying to the American people about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? How many Americans lost their lives (close to 5000) because of Bush's stupidity. Let also not forget, that Cheney was a business running Halliburton, which he wanted to get into Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Obama didn't have all the facts to a very complicated issue. Why is it, so many of you anti-Obama people don't have a problem with Bush lying to the American people about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? How many Americans lost their lives (close to 5000) because of Bush's stupidity. Let also not forget, that Cheney was a business running Halliburton, which he wanted to get into Iraq.
He's gone isn't he Ok, back to Obama, the disaster.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:10 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Actually it's the republicans who are counting on people not understanding. Almost every thread submitted by republicans on C-D is misleading, biased or down right untrue. Every posted thread by republicans is designed to mislead for the purpose to kill the ACA and hang the president from the nearest tree at the soonest possibility.

I would probably be speechless in surprise if there appeared one thread from a republican offering an actual PLAN on how to fix the economy, how to stop the health care crisis in the nation and how to stimulate the economy and jobs.
You want a healthcare plan...here it is...the truth. If want to insure everyone, they should have left it the way it was prior to thr start of HIPAA and just increased taxes to expand Medcaid for those who couldn't afford insurance or were uninsurable. That's all that needed to be done...that's the no smoke mirrors version. The way theydid it, they reinvented the wheel using smoke and mirriors and then they lied on top of that...and the nightmare is just starting as far as the problems it's causing.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Bringing up Bush is feeble. Why can't you just admit Obama lied for what you and he think is the greater good. He wanted a step toward single-payer UHC, couldn't get that step passed without lying about its impact, so lied.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Obama didn't have all the facts to a very complicated issue.
Just another excuse, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another lie since Obama used the "I didn't know" excuse so many times. If Obama didn't have all the facts then he shouldn't be pushing it.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just another excuse, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another lie since Obama used the "I didn't know" excuse so many times. If Obama didn't have all the facts then he shouldn't be pushing it.
Kinda like that whole mission to the moon thing right? Or...just about every single thing the government does.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:57 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This is all true and you are correct. I don't want to confuse the issue further.
I just get frustrated as I know damn well the ACA haters know the truth about the numbers and how they are applied but deliberately throw the numbers out in a misleading way to further demonize the ACA.

Just like they keep bringing up the fact that men have to pay for women's maternity care now. As if that was something new. All employer provided insurance pools had men paying for maternity care if it was a covered item in the policy and employer provided insurance accounts for 83% of all insurance issued. The employer insurance pool wasn't divided into two separate pools. One for men and one for women.
Sure you are not ponderosa? I took care of this excuse with him/her.

Yes employer plans cover things like births because they cover muliple types of people.

But we are talking individual plans and they didnt all cover it.

I have experience on both ends of this since i have bought individual plans for 5 yrs now and also i used to sell individual plans. This is how a sale went.

You show them the best plan and cost. Once they say they cant afford thàt you start asking what they need vs can go without. If its a male only you start with a cheaper non maternity plan...etc.
The insurance company sold plans without almost anything. Helicopter service, maternity, drugs, high deductable, etc can be added, subtracted or upped. All affects price. Also maternity did not cover births till 10 months after policy started... It was a preexisting condition. Generally if you asked for materinty it was implyed you were trying to have children and rate goes up.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
And without fail someone chimes in with the "yeah but Bush........" whine.

Obama lied. Your well-spoken and clean hero took a mighty hit to his narcissism and you are feeling his pain.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:34 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama's mother might want to talk to him about lying about her during the push for Obamacare to his
benefit.

Or maybe she would have approved of the deception.

Lol.....something tells me she would have approved. I can only imagine the lie she told her parents when she discovered she had a bun in the oven from a married man whose wife also had a bun in the oven, along with another kid.

Classy group, that one....

Old 12-04-2013, 06:35 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
I just have one question, since I don't really know or care much about the ACA - what is a "bald-faced lie?" Pretty sure Obama still has hair, lol.

(methinks you meant to say BOLD-faced lie?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies